Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby J-Rod34 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:16 pm

The NDHSAA website has Beulah losing a game. Anyone know who it was to?
J-Rod34

Postby UNDHeisman » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:31 am

Wheres the love for Turtle Lake-Mercer? They are 3-1 and only lost to #1 ranked Beulah by 7 points @ Beulah.
UNDHeisman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:22 am

Just more media BS.  How can they make a judgement on every team in the state?  God I hate polls!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby dmdp » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:05 pm

The poll system is flawed. If there was a Website, like the one in Minnesota, where all team's scores and schedules were listed, then it wouldn't be so bad. But right now, that's not a possibility.
You'd think it would be tough to vote for a team when you have no idea what their schedule is because the coach doesn't update it on NDHSAA.com. Case in point, like the guy said before, Beulah.
It lists them with a loss and three wins and they've only played two games. It's just a bad system all the way around.
dmdp
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cardinal10 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:49 pm

dmdp wrote:The poll system is flawed. If there was a Website, like the one in Minnesota, where all team's scores and schedules were listed, then it wouldn't be so bad. But right now, that's not a possibility.
You'd think it would be tough to vote for a team when you have no idea what their schedule is because the coach doesn't update it on NDHSAA.com. Case in point, like the guy said before, Beulah.
It lists them with a loss and three wins and they've only played two games. It's just a bad system all the way around.

I don't think NDHSAA website is the master site for the media to get their information about schedules and scores.  I would guess 99% of schools call in their scores to the AP and to other media outlets.  The media does the poll and I would guess have scores and schedules at their fingertips.  There will always be a little bias toward a team in their area until they matchup will another ranked team, etc.  That's the tough part about doing a good Class B poll--but it does give people alot to talk about.  In Class A everyone plays everyone almost because of so few teams so it is easier to make comparisons.  Websites such as this one also try to get scores posted which helps keep people informed.  Maybe someone should come up with a BCS-type formula to make a better poll.  That would make everyone happy.;)
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:42 pm

i don't know if that was sarcasm or not but i don't agree. minnesota has a system similar to that, at least for football i know. THey go by strength of schedule and scores, and all that stuff. But one thing they don't use is common sense. On the minnesota 9 man football poll that went by that system stephen argyle was third. personally i think it should stay the same. polls don't mean much, but they're sure fun to look at and talk about.
PA42

Postby cardinal10 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:14 am

horne98 wrote:i don't know if that was sarcasm or not but i don't agree. minnesota has a system similar to that, at least for football i know. THey go by strength of schedule and scores, and all that stuff. But one thing they don't use is common sense. On the minnesota 9 man football poll that went by that system stephen argyle was third. personally i think it should stay the same. polls don't mean much, but they're sure fun to look at and talk about.

Yes, a little sarcasm.  I think you answered both sides of the question in your response.  North Dakota used to have the "power poll" for FB back in the '80s to determine which teams made the playoffs from each Region.  This took into account some of the things you mentioned.  It always seemed like somebody got the shaft.  The BB poll is just that...a poll and something to talk about.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ben23 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:02 pm

If TL-M isnt  in the poll how is kindred even receiving votes.  Kindred lost to Parshall by 7 and then they lost to Hankinson by 7.  I think that if TL-M only loss was to the #1 team in the state by like what was it 8 points that they should be in the 5 or 6 spot and who did Parshall lose to I know it was at that Hoopster Tourney but does anyone know who they lost to
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:03 pm

Parshall lost to Minnewauken-Leeds, 61-59.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby region1 football » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:09 pm

does any one know of any scores from the night...i know central cass had a game tonight.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby region1 football » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:15 pm

who was the leading scorer for each team?
Last edited by region1 football on Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby SDHoops » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:19 am

How is Minnewauken-Leeds ahead of Standing Rock? SR lost to St. Thomas More and Red Cloud, both top teams in Class "A" in South Dakota. M-L would get killed by both of those teams
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:10 pm

1) Beulah (3)   5-0   62   1

2) Hazen (3)    6-0   60   2

3) Killdeer (1)   5-0   53   5

4) Parshall       8-1   42   4

5) Minnewaukan-Leeds   4-1   40   3

6) Standing Rock   5-2   26   7

7) Linton   6-1   19   6

8) May-Port CG   3-1   18   10

9) Thompson   2-1   17   9

10) Hankinson   6-0   12   NR

10) Dickinson Trinity   5-1   12   NR

[align=justify]Others Receiving Votes:  Four Winds (4-1), Park River (8-0), Watford City (3-1), Lisbon (5-0), Kindred (3-2).[/align]

Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:05 pm

that shows alot about region 7, 4 teams in the top 10. 3 in the top 3, thats insane
project-pat

Postby bbjay » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:30 pm

Not only the same region....same district!  Who has Kindred lost too?  What's so special about them? Also, I watched Beulah play in the Mandan Holiday Tournament, and was not impressed.  They struggled all through the tournament, in my opinion.  Flasher played them very tough, Shiloh had them beat, and Bott. turned the ball over a gazzilion times and only lost by 12.  I think they are very beatable, havn't seen Hazen or Killdeer play, but that is one tough district that's for sure.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ben23 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:10 pm

Kindred lost to Hankinson and Parshall both teams now in the top 10.  Kindred is a very talented team. 
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby SDHoops » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:45 am

Parshall didn't seem that good when I watched them. I know they are expecting the other Packineau twin to be back but even with him it's like 2 on 5.  Is ND Class "B" not that competitive?
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ben23 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:56 pm

what about Rudy Young Bird i mean he is 6'5 and from what i saw in the state tournament can go down in the block and now what i am readin on the NDHSAA site this year can shoot the 3 ball pretty effectively
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:23 pm

i think we all know that in a week or two this whole list will be different as district 14 play begins. We'll see how good hazen is as they play killdeer and beulah the next two weeks. I don't see hazen being undefeated during this stretch. I think mpcg has a big chance to prove themselves in the next couple of weeks. As they play district rivals hatton-northwood and no. 9 thompson. They also play a lisbon team who has recieved votes and is in the running for a region championship.
PA42

Postby project-pat » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:07 pm

Bowman is going to have a pretty tough road trip when they go to killdeer next friday, then go to hazen the next day. going against #2 and #3 in the same weekend. should be interesting.
project-pat

Postby Ping Pong » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:12 pm

ya thats gunna be a tough two days definately.
Ping Pong

Postby thesports_guy32 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:13 am

is Park River just getting votes because they are undefeated? the only tough team they have played is Midway-Minto and PR only won by one in a 37-36 game.
thesports_guy32

Postby Bearsfan » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:41 am

Hey Guys..... I went to the Mandan holiday tourney..... Beulah had no problem with Flasher as they played with their subs the whole fourth quarter and still won by 25.  The next day I watched all of the games and stuck around to watch Beulah play Shiloh.... it was a pretty good game..... everything that Beulah put up hit the back of the rim and everything that Shiloh put up went in..... and as far as Bott game..... it wasn't even much of a game.  The thing that a good team does well is play a very good defense..... hence there were lots of turnovers!! 

Hazen played in the Linton tourney and won that one..... didn't go there but they are well rounded team.

I find it hard to believe that either of these teams will be undefeated by seasons end as there are some pretty good teams out there that they will both be playing. 
Bearsfan

Postby Ping Pong » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:36 am

when are those 2 games?
Ping Pong

Postby Ping Pong » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:16 pm

thx those will both be very good games. if one team wins both, they will be hard to beat.
Ping Pong

Next

Return to Boys