Hoopster Pre-season Top 40

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Hoopster Pre-season Top 40

Postby lennylive » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:09 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Enderlin 71
Canton 46

Gus Hurlburt went over 1,000 pts today on a solid dunk.

Enderlin had a slow start but had a dominating 2nd half

Way to go Eagles !
Congrats Gus !
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:52 pm

To WalkingStick

Thanks for that link to that scores page. Do you make this? Greatly appreciated to have a page like this.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:28 pm

vikingman wrote:To WalkingStick

Thanks for that link to that scores page. Do you make this? Greatly appreciated to have a page like this.

Yes...kind of started it late this year but got it rolling in early December after constant frustrations that the NDHSAA website had wrong games and scores; chose to put my Past History work on it as well. Website still may have some tweaks to work on...
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:32 pm

There are some posters that are certain Enderlin won't make it to state. I think they're the favorite. They have so much talent on that team. I don't see anyone in region 1 beating them outside of Kindred. There seems like a significant drop-off after the top two teams.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:42 pm

balla45 wrote:If you were coaching Enderlin, please tell me exactly what you would run offensively.

Obviously, not every time down the floor, but I would run what the Langdon girls ran two years ago to a state title. Three out and two in. Pass screen away. Block to block screen. After you screen, you flash high post.

Enderlin's 1 loss in to a ND is against the currently undisputed #1 team in the state as voted on by the sportswriters. They scored 79 points in the loss. I would argue that they are not really being "stopped" so to speak. They have things to clean up on the defensive end of the floor and in getting to loose balls and that type of thing, but it is not like they are struggling to score running what they are running right now.

I kind of feel like this makes Enderlin the favorite. Everyone is ragging about how bad they played and how good Four Winds played. What happens if Enderlin starts to play well?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby senditin » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:19 pm

Flip wrote:
balla45 wrote:If you were coaching Enderlin, please tell me exactly what you would run offensively.

Obviously, not every time down the floor, but I would run what the Langdon girls ran two years ago to a state title. Three out and two in. Pass screen away. Block to block screen. After you screen, you flash high post.

Enderlin's 1 loss in to a ND is against the currently undisputed #1 team in the state as voted on by the sportswriters. They scored 79 points in the loss. I would argue that they are not really being "stopped" so to speak. They have things to clean up on the defensive end of the floor and in getting to loose balls and that type of thing, but it is not like they are struggling to score running what they are running right now.

I kind of feel like this makes Enderlin the favorite. Everyone is ragging about how bad they played and how good Four Winds played. What happens if Enderlin starts to play well?

Lol. What happens when FWM starts playin well?
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:53 pm

senditin wrote:Lol. What happens when FWM starts playin well?

They aren't playing well? Everyone seems to be very impressed with the way they've played this season.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:09 pm

I think they have impressed every year since Mike Smith took over and every team can always be better, just ask their Coach
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballMind » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:07 am

If Enderlin can figure out how to play with a lead against a good team and stop running the Phoenix Suns 7-Second offense in the 4th quarter, they'll be fine. If not, they'll get bounced in Regionals again.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby lennylive » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:19 pm

BasketballMind wrote:If Enderlin can figure out how to play with a lead against a good team and stop running the Phoenix Suns 7-Second offense in the 4th quarter, they'll be fine. If not, they'll get bounced in Regionals again.

:lol: :lol:
and stop passing the ball to The Invisible man
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:00 pm

lennylive wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:If Enderlin can figure out how to play with a lead against a good team and stop running the Phoenix Suns 7-Second offense in the 4th quarter, they'll be fine. If not, they'll get bounced in Regionals again.

:lol: :lol:
and stop passing the ball to The Invisible man

But he's open!!! :lol:
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Boys