Region 1

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 1

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:29 pm

There is a lot of assuming going on here and you know what they say about assuming....

Pretty easy to critique a game plan after the game is over. Pretty tough to know what the game plan was if you weren't there. Think back to your playing days...did the teams you were on execute every game plan to perfection? If not should your coach have been fired?

Here is a quote I like for times like this: "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsphenom » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:04 pm

Well if the rumors are true we won't have to worry about talking about Enderlin next year. "Word" on the street is the Hurlburts are thinking of moving because their team can't get it done and this talk was way before regionals. Without them they will be irrelevant next year. And I'm sorry a lot of the blame has to go on the coach, those 2 big guys should be making hay with a high low offense. Granted the kids still need to execute that offense, but I've seen them play numerous times this year and they never took advantage of that. I would've loved to root for a small town like Enderlin at state vs. Kindred or Fargo.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:48 pm

sportsphenom wrote:Well if the rumors are true we won't have to worry about talking about Enderlin next year. "Word" on the street is the Hurlburts are thinking of moving because their team can't get it done and this talk was way before regionals. Without them they will be irrelevant next year. And I'm sorry a lot of the blame has to go on the coach, those 2 big guys should be making hay with a high low offense. Granted the kids still need to execute that offense, but I've seen them play numerous times this year and they never took advantage of that. I would've loved to root for a small town like Enderlin at state vs. Kindred or Fargo.

Rumors are not accurate. The Hurlburt family has full confidence in Calvin Kraft.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:29 pm

Well, if they were to move to Casselton, I'd say there's a fairly good chance they would be starters.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:14 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:There is a lot of assuming going on here and you know what they say about assuming....

Pretty easy to critique a game plan after the game is over. Pretty tough to know what the game plan was if you weren't there. Think back to your playing days...did the teams you were on execute every game plan to perfection? If not should your coach have been fired?

Here is a quote I like for times like this: "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt

Here’s another good quote.

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”

Also, let’s not turn this board into rumor and innuendo. If you want that you can watch First Take. “Word on the street” statements are below this board.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:35 am

The best team Region 1 won, congrats to Kinnerd, well deserved and good luck, just like the past handful of years except for one the comes to mind
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BelfieldBantams » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:09 am

hoophoophoop wrote:The best team Region 1 won, congrats to Kinnerd, well deserved and good luck, just like the past handful of years except for one the comes to mind

Agreed. They just had to get healthy and it sure looked like they might be the healthiest they have been all year. It will be interesting to see what they can do next weekend.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:56 am

balla45 wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:Well if the rumors are true we won't have to worry about talking about Enderlin next year. "Word" on the street is the Hurlburts are thinking of moving because their team can't get it done and this talk was way before regionals. Without them they will be irrelevant next year. And I'm sorry a lot of the blame has to go on the coach, those 2 big guys should be making hay with a high low offense. Granted the kids still need to execute that offense, but I've seen them play numerous times this year and they never took advantage of that. I would've loved to root for a small town like Enderlin at state vs. Kindred or Fargo.

Rumors are not accurate. The Hurlburt family has full confidence in Calvin Kraft.

Well they came to the game last night with their coach so I can see that they really hate him. Also... I have been surprised that some big private school in the cities have not brought those two boys in. They are top players in the country and that normally happens to those kids. At least some school in the cities at least. That would not surprise me... but no way are they going CC/ Kindred/ Shiloh/ OG.... NOPE.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:00 am

Great showing last night. OG got back in the game when Kindred stayed in their 1 2 2 press... OG started getting open looks and knocking down some deep 3's. Kindred is a very fun team to watch.... they move the ball, shoot when they are open and defend like their life depends on it.
Also Olson Block with the pin against the backboard was impressive and then he had the tip in when Kindred made their run was unreal.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:44 am

I think Kinnerd might be the second best team going into state, seems like average teams at state IMO.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:05 am

maddog1971 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Well they came to the game last night with their coach so I can see that they really hate him. Also... I have been surprised that some big private school in the cities have not brought those two boys in. They are top players in the country and that normally happens to those kids. At least some school in the cities at least. That would not surprise me... but no way are they going CC/ Kindred/ Shiloh/ OG.... NOPE.

The family is quite content with playing for Calvin Kraft and the Enderlin Eagles next season.

It is not surprising to me that prep schools have reached out to them about transferring. It is also not surprising to me that they have rejected those offers. Again, they are quite happy playing for Calvin Kraft in high school.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:24 am

Great news! Look forward to watching them play.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby B Historian » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:28 pm

I think the tournament was lost for Enderlin when they struggled out of the gate in the first game on Monday. They lack some depth, but could have probably managed the back to back nights if they had gotten off to a good start Monday and been able to coast the whole second half. They looked tired against Oak Grove and must have missed half a dozen shots right around the basket. Enderlin is not a good defensive team and there are so many little things they do poorly that are easily correctible. I'm not sure why these things are not happening.

The positive for Enderlin is that this is still a young team and they have another shot at it next year. The negative is that they will be under tremendous pressure to reach the state tournament next year and that can be hard for young kids to deal with.

I said early in the season that I thought Kindred would win the region because of their defense and that's pretty much how it played out. It's nice to be right once in awhile. :lol:
B Historian
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys