Region 1

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 1

Postby BelfieldBantams » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:10 pm

I agree that I think Cass will win also, but the few times I saw Lisbon play I was very impressed with how bought in to the coaches system the Lisbon kids were and how well they executed the game plan. When I saw them early in the season, I thought they would be a very tough out because of that. If Cass's guards are not at their best, I can see an upset, but I don't think that will happen.

I think top 4 seeds will all win in the first round. And I do think we will have an Enderlin - Kindred championship game that will be just as good as last weeks game. We will find out shortly how healthy Kindred's guys are and that could decide who advances.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby oldcolt » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:31 am

This should be a fun region to watch. I would expect Lisbon to give Central Cass some trouble but I feel like in the end CC is just too much for them. This should be a fun physical game to watch. I believe it was a 29 point win for CC earlier in the year, I would expect it to be much closer than that tonight.
oldcolt
NDPreps Reserve

Postby leroybla » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:48 pm

oldcolt wrote:This should be a fun region to watch. I would expect Lisbon to give Central Cass some trouble but I feel like in the end CC is just too much for them. This should be a fun physical game to watch. I believe it was a 29 point win for CC earlier in the year, I would expect it to be much closer than that tonight.

The higher seeds won all the quarterfinal games in R1.

Enderlin 70, Sargent County 54. (tied at half)
Oak Grove 61, Northern Cass 55
Kindred 71, Hankinson 31
Central Cass 59, Lisbon 42
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:31 am

In the semis, I’ll take Enderlin by 8-10 over Oak Grove & Kindred over CC by 4-5. Kindred looked pretty healthy tonight, & they’re my pick to go to state from R1.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:03 am

Enderlin had to play their main five almost all the game. Only 5 kids in scoring. Oak Grove hit some big shots at the line to help them advance. CC Played really well against a physical Lisbon team. Kindred played well... defense the first half as sub par for them but they turned it on in the second half. They played 15 players last night and 10 for most of the game that all scored so all the starters should be really fresh for tonight's game. Olson was fresh and it showed with 4 big time dunks.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:55 am

UNDSiouxfan wrote:In the semis, I’ll take Enderlin by 8-10 over Oak Grove & Kindred over CC by 4-5. Kindred looked pretty healthy tonight, & they’re my pick to go to state from R1.

Oak Grove can score enough to beat Enderlin if Enderlin doesn’t come ready to play. Being down at halftime to the 8 seed as one of the favorites to win state isn’t a good look. This is the time of year you want to be playing your best basketball. If OG is hot from the outside and scores in the 60s/70s they will win this game.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:09 pm

Enderlin and Hurlburt seem to get most of the media attention, but Kindred and Paul Olson should get equally as much. Olson is so impressive athletically. Kindred had two players dunk yesterday, and Keller wasn't one of them (one dunk was waved off, they could have had 4 more in the first half if they could have connected on some passes)

I am trying to compile a dunk video from this tournament, so I recorded the Kindred game. Highlights are here (recorded in 4K, but for some reason, the quality barely looks like it's 1080p)

https://youtu.be/BbO1R7WC0iY
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:19 pm

Great video.
Yes Kindred I believe has 5 different kids get dunks in games this year. They have about 7 kids that can dunk on varsity and one of them is an 8th Grader. I hope someone can put together a highlight of just dunks from this year because some have been unreal for Class B high school in North Dakota. Peraza can actually jump higher than Olson.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:04 pm

I’d love to see a shooting chart for Enderlin on their semifinal game. Lots of 3 pt attempts for the bigs. Very few baskets in the paint.

But lots of credit to Oak Grove for shooting the lights out. OG 70 Enderlin 59 final
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lennylive » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:45 pm

Being an Enderlin Eagles Fan is just like being a Minnesota Vikings fan...ya get to say..."maybe next year"... and ya say it..every year.

Hats off to OG...Great coaching, great hustle, ball control..and lights out 3 point shooting like always..Good Luck to the Grovers.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoophoophoop » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:37 am

hoophoophoop wrote:well I pretty much seen everyone play so far this season, I nailed it last year, so here is my final predictions.
1. Oak Grove to represent Region 1 this year
2. Kinnerd
3. Enderlin, next year will be a walk in park for them
4. CC, just not enough fire power
5. NC
6. W-L
7. Lisbon
8. Hankinson
9. Maple Valley
10. SC
11. Tri-State
12. Richland

HMMMM
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoophoophoop » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:39 am

I will take back what I said about Enderlin walk in the park for next year, Kinnerd will be favored next year IMO, I will also say I think Oak Grove has about a 25% chance tonight, Kinnerd looks pretty tough!!
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:09 am

It looked like the big court was the Eagles downfall.... they could not get up and down the court the whole game with OG. You need to play more than 6 players and the big guys can not play the whole game without a rest. They are two big. If OG could have made some free throws it would have been by 20. BUT I have to say the ref'ing for big guys is stupid. If a kid that is 5"11 has both hands in the back pushing as hard as they can... that is a foul.... if he turns to shoot and they take out their legs... that is a foul.... if they dribble and someone dives on the ground and takes out their arms and legs... that is a foul. If they jump up for a rebound and someone runs under them and boxes them out so they are on the floor... that is a foul. Just because someone is shorter does not give them the right to do whatever they like.
The Kindred and CC game was a blowout. Kindred defense was lights out. If the ref's did not call 20 fouls on Kindred in the second half I don't know if CC would have made 30 points. I get it when on team is blowing out the other team calls will not go their way but that was crazy.
OG or Kindred?
Kindred has the size, speed and athletes but OG has the Coach that gets his kids to play for him in big games..... 48 to 41 Kindred.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Fletcher » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:30 am

BasketballMind wrote:
UNDSiouxfan wrote:In the semis, I’ll take Enderlin by 8-10 over Oak Grove & Kindred over CC by 4-5. Kindred looked pretty healthy tonight, & they’re my pick to go to state from R1.

Oak Grove can score enough to beat Enderlin if Enderlin doesn’t come ready to play. Being down at halftime to the 8 seed as one of the favorites to win state isn’t a good look. This is the time of year you want to be playing your best basketball. If OG is hot from the outside and scores in the 60s/70s they will win this game.

BaetballMind nailed this one....OG just out hustled, out payed (and out coached) Enderlin despite the HUGE size difference. OG will have its hands full against Kindred because they play with a ton more intensity than what I saw from Enderlin.
Fletcher
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:40 am

Have to say sorry to Lenny! OG worked their tails off and ran Enderlin into the ground. If you watched the OG Coach it was their plan from tip off. Enderlin need a deeper bench or figure out how to rotate the bigs but that gets tough when your down. Layups and close range shots were not the Eagles friend last night.

Kindred needs to win Region 1 because when they go to the B I just think they have more weapons to represent their Region not to mention they go 4 deep. OG works hard but they live and die by the 3 and that's not the way you want to go to State.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:58 am

Fletcher wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:

BaetballMind nailed this one....OG just out hustled, out payed (and out coached) Enderlin despite the HUGE size difference. OG will have its hands full against Kindred because they play with a ton more intensity than what I saw from Enderlin.

I've only watched Enderlin play on a stream and I just don't understand what their goal is to try and win a game. There's a quote I really like to use with basketball players that helps develop a killer instinct. "Take advantage of your unfair advantage". Enderlin does the opposite of that. They disadvantage their unfair advantage.

To my knowledge, the ONE time they did take advantage of it this year was a game with Central Cass. Those that were there said if they play like that going forward they may not lose another game. They don't have to only play block-to-block high-low offense 100% of every game, but my goodness, put on at the foul line and let the other run the short corner/baseline and make sure one of them gets a touch inside the 3-pt line every possession and run the offense through your 6'10 and 6'8 guys going inside-out. They play outside-out.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby senditin » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:12 pm

BasketballMind wrote:
Fletcher wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:

I've only watched Enderlin play on a stream and I just don't understand what their goal is to try and win a game. There's a quote I really like to use with basketball players that helps develop a killer instinct. "Take advantage of your unfair advantage". Enderlin does the opposite of that. They disadvantage their unfair advantage.

To my knowledge, the ONE time they did take advantage of it this year was a game with Central Cass. Those that were there said if they play like that going forward they may not lose another game. They don't have to only play block-to-block high-low offense 100% of every game, but my goodness, put on at the foul line and let the other run the short corner/baseline and make sure one of them gets a touch inside the 3-pt line every possession and run the offense through your 6'10 and 6'8 guys going inside-out. They play outside-out.

In all my years watching HS BB, this is easily the biggest underachieving team ever. Coach should be fired.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Vikings2009 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:40 pm

BasketballMind wrote:
Fletcher wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:

Agree they should have all that size inside all the time but they play soft yet-they don't wanna bang.
also ball handling wasn't the greatest, seen this beginning of the year. Playing together more as a team would benefit them a lot for next year.
Vikings2009
NDPreps Reserve

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:47 pm

Let's give credit to OG for winning the game and not the Eagles for not winning....
These are High School kids!
When you look at that line up... Everyone says.. How can they not win? Well.... you need more than 5 kids that can play.....
Congrats to the Eagles on a great season... they just did not win the last game of the year... but i guess there is only one team that will not end the season on a loss.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby senditin » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:54 pm

Heck yes, hats off to OG for a big win. But Enderlin needs to hear the criticism they deserve for underachieving so badly. Maybe they can use it for motivation instead of having people pat them on the back and tell them they did their best.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d_fense » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:05 pm

senditin wrote:Heck yes, hats off to OG for a big win. But Enderlin needs to hear the criticism they deserve for underachieving so badly. Maybe they can use it for motivation instead of having people pat them on the back and tell them they did their best.

Senditin...
So Enderlin "needs to hear the criticism they deserve"? Enderlin being who (maybe whom, I forget the rule)? The kids, coaches, parents, fans, administration? May I know who you are? Would you tell me? Who would you like critiquing the job you do at work? Would you mind if I was aloud to? Would you be alright with me calling for you to be fired on a public website?

Just wondering...
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:08 pm

d_fense wrote:
senditin wrote:Heck yes, hats off to OG for a big win. But Enderlin needs to hear the criticism they deserve for underachieving so badly. Maybe they can use it for motivation instead of having people pat them on the back and tell them they did their best.

Senditin...
So Enderlin "needs to hear the criticism they deserve"? Enderlin being who (maybe whom, I forget the rule)? The kids, coaches, parents, fans, administration? May I know who you are? Would you tell me? Who would you like critiquing the job you do at work? Would you mind if I was aloud to? Would you be alright with me calling for you to be fired on a public website?

Just wondering...

I agree with you 100%. Senditin you should be ashamed of your post calling out a coach to be fired that is coaching in one of the toughest regions in the state year in and year out. I'm 100% sure there are a full team of players and coaches and fans that would give anything in the world for yesterday's game to have gone differently.
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikingman » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:49 pm

Hi-lites from all Region 1 games (except OG v NC) are now on the Central Cass Basketball channel. The quality isn't what it should be because I had inadvertently changed a light filter setting. Championship game should be better.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:57 pm

You do a great Job on those videos.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:15 pm

maddog1971 wrote:Let's give credit to OG for winning the game and not the Eagles for not winning....
These are High School kids!
When you look at that line up... Everyone says.. How can they not win? Well.... you need more than 5 kids that can play.....
Congrats to the Eagles on a great season... they just did not win the last game of the year... but i guess there is only one team that will not end the season on a loss.

It's not on the kids executing the gameplan, it's the gameplan itself. If a football coach had a quarterback as mobile as Tom Brady is right now and was having him run the 1995 Nebraska Triple Option offense, that wouldn't be Brady's fault for it not working, it's on the plan itself.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys