Region 1

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 1

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:02 pm

CC @ Kindred tonight, I think that could be a good game to watch. I'll go with............Kindred. I honestly think this is a coin flip so I'll go with the home team.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby leroybla » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:23 pm

At half, Central Class 23,Kindred 20 in Kindred. CC made 5 of 15 free throws in the first half.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby leroybla » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:04 pm

at the end of regulation CC 50-Kindred 50.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby leroybla » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:16 pm

Final from Kindred, Kindred 60, Central Class 52 in overtime.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:36 am

Kindred destroyed CC down low when the game counted.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:51 am

hoophoophoop wrote:Kindred destroyed CC down low when the game counted.

I noticed that too. The overall game was streaky. Central cass would hit a few 3s and build a lead, then Kindred would battle back. But when overtime came kindred figured out Central cass couldn't do much defending the paint and Kindred didn't have much trouble from there to win the game.
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packers21 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:35 am

wnrwnrckndnr wrote:

I noticed that too. The overall game was streaky. Central cass would hit a few 3s and build a lead, then Kindred would battle back. But when overtime came kindred figured out Central cass couldn't do much defending the paint and Kindred didn't have much trouble from there to win the game.

I noticed Olson must still be working his way back and didnt play much the first 3 qtrs but came out and dominated the 4th and really helped Kindred set up the inside game.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Vikings2009 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:42 pm

Enderlin getting lot of ref calls through 3 quarters.
Vikings2009
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Vikings2009 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:22 pm

Loboes beat Enderlin 51-50
Vikings2009
NDPreps Reserve

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:16 am

packers21 wrote:
wnrwnrckndnr wrote:

I noticed Olson must still be working his way back and didnt play much the first 3 qtrs but came out and dominated the 4th and really helped Kindred set up the inside game.

My prayers are with the Olson family hoping Paul can get healthy and start feeling like himself. He is a fun player to watch on the court. I believe when he starts feeling like himself the rest of the team will start to play better.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:50 am

Vikings2009 wrote:Loboes beat Enderlin 51-50

Any info on this game?
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vikingman » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:23 pm

I was at least able to watch the failed last-second shot by Enderlin before they removed the game from the web.

And now W-L beats Enderlin! You could barely hear Jack Michaels in the background of the webcast. I'm assuming W-L uses Hudl. Has any school using Hudl figured out a way to connect play-by-play in to the feed? The stream had the scoreboard showing, and the announcer could be heard very well, but play-by-play would still have been better.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:38 pm

Heard that WL was up the entire game vs Enderlin. They had a 15 point lead for a couple stretches and just outplayed the Eagles. Enderlin had no answer for Preston Bohnenstingl, and he was the best player on the court.

Preston B. and Jace Crockett from Northern Cass are the two best ball players I’ve seen this year from R1. They have an upcoming game which should be a great matchup.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikingman » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:15 am

Enderlin had another technical foul. I haven't watched that many minutes of their games, but I think I've seen four Ts on them.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby lennylive » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:42 am

mdk23 wrote:Do either of you saying there was too many TOs actually know how many they had? And how many most high school teams have? I'll help you. They had 12. Lack of offense? They are 3rd in the state in scoring. There is a lot of good coaches in the state but I would put money on there not being 10 with more knowledge of the game than Calvin Kraft. If you ever have a chance to sit and talk hoops with him, you will appreciate his take on the game. As far as discipline, I'm not in practice with them and I assume you aren't either. Seems like an odd thing to fault someone on. You see about 15% of the time a coach spends with his players. GoPack, you're a tough one to figure out. Hate, hate, hate when things don't go well, but silent and void of praise when things do.

MDK23...just wondering what your take is on Enderlins past 6 games?.. I wont give mine..Im just going to be a silent fan, due to rules #7 and 8...anyone else>>> GoPack...Vkingman... any thoughts?
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:43 am

Heres my 2 cents, they are a team that does not know how to play together, all those AAU games are really paying off as a team, did you watch the last for years of region 1, all the winners never had a guy who could dunk in a game, hmmm, stop worrying about yourself and play to win, W-L is an average team at best and got destroyed on the defense side, and stop whining to the refs, never in my lifetime have I seen a team get so many Ts, looks like to me the team is ran by the players not the coach. I'm not talking about the two big guys either, those guards need to play with better discipline. I know I have been pretty hard on Enderlin in the past but they need a big old fashion but chewing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:14 am

WOW... Have we forgotten that these are High School Kids? They are being torn apart like the MN Vikings...

They have a couple losses... They had a bad game. Yes they complain about the Refs.... But I will tell you that if you are a really big kid playing against shorter competition... you get the crap kicked out of you. That is something as a player you need to learn to play through the physical play. Now they are on every officials radar for being a bunch of cry babies.... So yes coaching should have sat these kids down and said shut up or you are sitting.
Yes I agree with everyone else in the world... stop letting them shoot 30 3"s a game and go shoot some layups....
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:18 am

Enderlin may be struggling right now, but I would bet no one will volunteer to play them in the 1st few rounds of the Super Regional.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND Sports Fan » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:21 am

I am DYING to hear what the "talking heads" have to say about Enderlin this morning.

IMO: Style of play seems to be the biggest issue with this team. It has been talked about for the past several years, and now it has hit them smack in the face. When you roll out the size alone of that team you should be dominant. Size alone does not win basketball games, you also need talent. Well, the Hurlbert's are being recruited at some of the highest levels of basketball in the country, so there is a certain level of talent, and they are not the only 2 on the roster. Bartholomay and Dixon are above average talent for HS ball players. To me this comes down to: 1.) style of play, 2.) discipline, 3.) putting kids in the right position to succeed. These items come down to coaching. Players have to make plays, but kids between the ages of 14-17 need guidance. I have not seen Enderlin's last 2 games, but those 2 loses speak volumes about what happens when talent believes they don't need to work hard or have no rules.

Has everyone been wrong about Enderlin the past 2 years?
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsphenom » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:36 am

I have watched Enderlin's past 2 games and you are right they are undisciplined. They have loads of talent and size. The LaMoure game they were down 1 with 20 seconds to go, plenty of time to get a good shot off, what do they do? Come down and shoot a 3?!?! You have 3 kids 6'6" and over and that's the shot you take? So with about 6 seconds left they are still down 1 and chose to shoot another 3. Enderlin got a lot of calls their way in that LaMoure game and they still lost, LaMoure plays tough D and they don't like that. W/L game I only saw the 2nd half, one thing that stood out to me is once again their shot selection. You should be having a hay day in the post with a 6'8" guy and a 6'10" guy. Granted I'm an old school type basketball fan, simple high low game could give team fits, shooting 3s all day is easier to defend. One thing that stood out to me at the end of the W/L game is the one kid starting walking to the locker room with time still left on the clock. That wouldn't fly with me if I was the coach, I hope he got a good talking to. Lots of missed opportunities with this team and I'm sure there is a ton of frustration surrounding that. I too wouldn't want to play them if they ever figure it out.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:58 am

So I'm going to attack this from a different angle. At the beginning of the year I heard multiple people mention that W-L was going to have a chance to knock off one of the top teams in that region this year and last night that came to fruition. I have heard a ton of people blaming Enderlin but not many congratulating W-L so I will do so. Coach Hosford and that team did a good job (you have to play well to beat the number 4 team in the state - the rest of the excuses be darned). Preston Bohnenstingl might be the best player on this half of the state you never hear about - he is definitely in that discussion. Clearly Enderlin has things to work on but congratulations to W-L and that team on getting a great win.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND Sports Fan » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:55 am

defensewinsgames wrote:So I'm going to attack this from a different angle. At the beginning of the year I heard multiple people mention that W-L was going to have a chance to knock off one of the top teams in that region this year and last night that came to fruition. I have heard a ton of people blaming Enderlin but not many congratulating W-L so I will do so. Coach Hosford and that team did a good job (you have to play well to beat the number 4 team in the state - the rest of the excuses be darned). Preston Bohnenstingl might be the best player on this half of the state you never hear about - he is definitely in that discussion. Clearly Enderlin has things to work on but congratulations to W-L and that team on getting a great win.

defensewinsgames, GREAT point, I am sorry I missed the fact that there were 2 teams involved last night and W-L deserves credit for their role in the outcome. Those kids and their coach deserve recognition for their effort rather than it being all about Enderlin's failure. Thank you for the reminder and giving credit where credit is due.
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsphenom » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:11 pm

Yes, not to discredit either of these teams that have beat them the last couple of games. Both reputable teams with great coaching.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:54 pm

lennylive wrote:
mdk23 wrote:Do either of you saying there was too many TOs actually know how many they had? And how many most high school teams have? I'll help you. They had 12. Lack of offense? They are 3rd in the state in scoring. There is a lot of good coaches in the state but I would put money on there not being 10 with more knowledge of the game than Calvin Kraft. If you ever have a chance to sit and talk hoops with him, you will appreciate his take on the game. As far as discipline, I'm not in practice with them and I assume you aren't either. Seems like an odd thing to fault someone on. You see about 15% of the time a coach spends with his players. GoPack, you're a tough one to figure out. Hate, hate, hate when things don't go well, but silent and void of praise when things do.

MDK23...just wondering what your take is on Enderlins past 6 games?.. I wont give mine..Im just going to be a silent fan, due to rules #7 and 8...anyone else>>> GoPack...Vkingman... any thoughts?

W-L did a great job in the first half running their offence, creating movement on the defense and executing their plays. 2nd half I didn't think they did as well but they still got the job done. Yes, the guard play was great but the movement gave him open shots and the center did a great job against Enderlin's bigs.

I wasn't impressed with the Technical again. Please just play ball! But he did get taken out for a bit.

Enderlin did move inside with the bigs for a play or two but didn't stick with it on offense. I agree with others that they had bad shot selection and they could be a different team. I also agree that no one is going to want to play them in the Regional Tourney. Do I think they are a 4th ranked team in the state right now? No, I still think they should be in the top 2. We might see some changes and a wake up call after the past week, wait and see I guess. But hey, it was a fun game to watch. Congrats to W-L!
Last edited by GOPACKGO!!! on Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:57 pm

As far as coaching is concerned. How many people on this board talking about coaching have coached a high school varsity team? How many have been successful? Do you realize that every coach will question things they do in every game after it's all said and done. There is so much that goes into the course game and season. Does anyone realize how about how much pressure this team is under? They are being scrutinized every day.
Best of luck to the players and coaches from Enderlin.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys