Region 1

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 1

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:04 pm

Kindred seems to be struggling a little bit right now. Only beat a mediocre Lisbon team by 8 and lost tonight to EK-M by 5. Watched on NFHS and noticed Paul Olson wasn't playing not sure the story on him? First time this season I was able to watch a Kindred game and expected a little more I guess.
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Region 1

Postby leroybla » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:26 pm

Central Cass lost to Grafton tonite by 2 in overtime. Wire to wire game. Tomorrow Central Cass has Carrington at home without junior starter Jake Deutsch. He's wrestling out of town. Terrific athlete.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:28 pm

Oak Grove def. Oakes 110-108 in Double OT
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby lennylive » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:33 am

I think that Region 3 has some very tough teams. EKM,Ellendale,LLM,Oakes.
Region 1 has the same Enderlin,CC,Kindred.
Region 2 has Grafton, and NB.

IMO any of these teams could beat the other on any given night.
I think Enderlin has had the toughest schedule so far with their only loss to 4WM

I watched all 3 of the Region 1 games the past 2 days all great matchups.

Eagles looked a bit sluggish against a very quick well coached Loboes Team. LLM works the ball very well on offense and are solid defenders. Not sure what this scoop shot thing is that Eagles players are doing, but to me that isnt a very high percentage shot(trying to draw the foul maybe). Just my opinion.. Overhand layup you have better control, however at times the scoop is necessary. IMO Eagles still are not moving through a press like they should(but have improved)...ball control has improved since the 4WM game(not as many turnovers).. playing against 3 quick teams in a row has helped. They play again in a few weeks, I am positive LLM will come with guns loaded and Eagles will have made adjustments..should be another great game. GO EAGLES !!

CC vs Spoilers... very fun game to watch, great matchup of talent and size. Quick, good defense, and good passing from both teams. Play this game 5 times and I say it goes down to the wire everytime.

EKM vs Kindred..another great matchup. EKM has some Size as does Kindred. Both roll 4 guys off the bench. Good ball handling and a great man to man game ..well coached on either side of the ball. Dont think either coach couldve done anything differently... another game that if played 5 times it would go to the wire everytime. although if Olson was back in the lineup I give the nod to Kindred.
Kudos to EKM for the win.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:54 pm

lennylive wrote:I think that Region 3 has some very tough teams. EKM,Ellendale,LLM,Oakes.
Region 1 has the same Enderlin,CC,Kindred.
Region 2 has Grafton, and NB.

IMO any of these teams could beat the other on any given night.
I think Enderlin has had the toughest schedule so far with their only loss to 4WM

I watched all 3 of the Region 1 games the past 2 days all great matchups.

Eagles looked a bit sluggish against a very quick well coached Loboes Team. LLM works the ball very well on offense and are solid defenders. Not sure what this scoop shot thing is that Eagles players are doing, but to me that isnt a very high percentage shot(trying to draw the foul maybe). Just my opinion.. Overhand layup you have better control, however at times the scoop is necessary. IMO Eagles still are not moving through a press like they should(but have improved)...ball control has improved since the 4WM game(not as many turnovers).. playing against 3 quick teams in a row has helped. They play again in a few weeks, I am positive LLM will come with guns loaded and Eagles will have made adjustments..should be another great game. GO EAGLES !!

CC vs Spoilers... very fun game to watch, great matchup of talent and size. Quick, good defense, and good passing from both teams. Play this game 5 times and I say it goes down to the wire everytime.

EKM vs Kindred..another great matchup. EKM has some Size as does Kindred. Both roll 4 guys off the bench. Good ball handling and a great man to man game ..well coached on either side of the ball. Dont think either coach couldve done anything differently... another game that if played 5 times it would go to the wire everytime. although if Olson was back in the lineup I give the nod to Kindred.
Kudos to EKM for the win.

I think you need to consider adding Linton-HMB to the R3 list; Oak Grove to the R1 list (NC not quite there right now) and Hatton-Northwood to the R2 list
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:11 am

wnrwnrckndnr wrote:Kindred seems to be struggling a little bit right now. Only beat a mediocre Lisbon team by 8 and lost tonight to EK-M by 5. Watched on NFHS and noticed Paul Olson wasn't playing not sure the story on him? First time this season I was able to watch a Kindred game and expected a little more I guess.

Physical play is Kindred's weakness. I think that both teams had more players laying on the ground than standing up. Kindred just could not finish inside the lane. Don't get me wrong the game was called even because basically really no fouls being called. Yes Olson would have made a difference but Kindred is plenty deep so it should not have mattered.
Olson will be back with week after a big scare after a physical Lisbon team sent him to the hospital.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:58 am

maddog1971 wrote:
wnrwnrckndnr wrote:Kindred seems to be struggling a little bit right now. Only beat a mediocre Lisbon team by 8 and lost tonight to EK-M by 5. Watched on NFHS and noticed Paul Olson wasn't playing not sure the story on him? First time this season I was able to watch a Kindred game and expected a little more I guess.

Physical play is Kindred's weakness. I think that both teams had more players laying on the ground than standing up. Kindred just could not finish inside the lane. Don't get me wrong the game was called even because basically really no fouls being called. Yes Olson would have made a difference but Kindred is plenty deep so it should not have mattered.
Olson will be back with week after a big scare after a physical Lisbon team sent him to the hospital.

I would think most teams would be down with their best player out.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoophoophoop » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:36 pm

Give me a break, basically a class A school and I'm supposed to feel sorry for them because they lost one player. Now if Enderlin did I could feel their pain but not Kinnerd.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:52 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:Give me a break, basically a class A school and I'm supposed to feel sorry for them because they lost one player. Now if Enderlin did I could feel their pain but not Kinnerd.

Not that I like how maddog's posts are 'delivered' on here all the time but Lisbon plays physical (just witnessed it as well) and a player ended up with a hospital visit as a result and this is the response you chose; poor taste.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:22 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:Give me a break, basically a class A school and I'm supposed to feel sorry for them because they lost one player. Now if Enderlin did I could feel their pain but not Kinnerd.

Not that I like how maddog's posts are 'delivered' on here all the time but Lisbon plays physical (just witnessed it as well) and a player ended up with a hospital visit as a result and this is the response you chose; poor taste.

Nobody is saying to anyone to feel sorry for Kindred. ( Class A is really a huge stretch) They had a injured player and yes they still should have won. I said if you beat up Kindred Physically you can beat them. Same thing with Enderlin by the way.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:32 pm

maddog1971 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Nobody is saying to anyone to feel sorry for Kindred. ( Class A is really a huge stretch) They had a injured player and yes they still should have won. I said if you beat up Kindred Physically you can beat them. Same thing with Enderlin by the way.

810 kids in k-12, 232 in grades 9-12. Class A isn't that big of a stretch as their largest 4 grade stretch is 279. I would say in the next 10 years Kindred is over the 325 threshold (along with CC in Region 1). That being said, I never want to see a kid hurt, and I would hope everyone else feels the same way.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:26 pm

So yes the Kindred Coop is 810 kids in K-12. Central Cass 930 Northern Cass Coop 634 Lisbon 609 Wyndmere Lidgerwood 422 Sargent County 414 Richland 258 Enderlin 305 Maple Valley 211Hankinson 255 and I could not find Oak Grove or Tri-State.
So now we know how many kids go to these schools.
I
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:31 pm

maddog1971 wrote:So yes the Kindred Coop is 810 kids in K-12. Central Cass 930 Northern Cass Coop 634 Lisbon 609 Wyndmere Lidgerwood 422 Sargent County 414 Richland 258 Enderlin 305 Maple Valley 211Hankinson 255 and I could not find Oak Grove or Tri-State.

Just so everyone knows; OG is roughly 645 K-12 (160 9-12; roughly 110-120 I would guess in 6-8)

Tri-State is hard to figure out with 3 different schools in 3 different states.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby B Historian » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:04 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:So yes the Kindred Coop is 810 kids in K-12. Central Cass 930 Northern Cass Coop 634 Lisbon 609 Wyndmere Lidgerwood 422 Sargent County 414 Richland 258 Enderlin 305 Maple Valley 211Hankinson 255 and I could not find Oak Grove or Tri-State.

Just so everyone knows; OG is roughly 645 K-12 (160 9-12; roughly 110-120 I would guess in 6-8)

Tri-State is hard to figure out with 3 different schools in 3 different states.

Tri-State is right about 150 I believe.

Of interest, I have heard that that Hope-Page will be forming a new coop with Maple Valley starting next year. That leaves Finley-Sharon with a big problem with limited options for finding another coop and low numbers means little leverage.
B Historian
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lennylive » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:29 am

Im an Eagles fan, but last nights game was subpar at best.

Not trying to take away from NC...but Enderlin did everything but give that game away in the 2nd half. I thought they had gotten better at taking care of the ball, but last night proved otherwise. Dixon should have been benched to get his head out of the fog. Parsons shouldve been playing in place of him, hes just as good.
Im glad Lemna finally showed up as the player Ive been waiting to see, because Joe H was basically shut down.
If Enderlin continues to have sloppy offensive possessions and turn the ball over by foolish drives to the hoop and bad pass choices they will never dominate like they are capable of doing. Its midway through the season, they should be Rolling by now...And I realize every team has a bad outing, that game was an example.

I hope that was the last game of that type of play, because I really want them to succeed and make state., They have the talent and skills to do so.
Their toughest REGIONAL games are ahead of them, ...GO EAGLES !
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby urserious » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:00 am

lennylive wrote:Im an Eagles fan, but last nights game was subpar at best.

Not trying to take away from NC...but Enderlin did everything but give that game away in the 2nd half. I thought they had gotten better at taking care of the ball, but last night proved otherwise. Dixon should have been benched to get his head out of the fog. Parsons shouldve been playing in place of him, hes just as good.
Im glad Lemna finally showed up as the player Ive been waiting to see, because Joe H was basically shut down.
If Enderlin continues to have sloppy offensive possessions and turn the ball over by foolish drives to the hoop and bad pass choices they will never dominate like they are capable of doing. Its midway through the season, they should be Rolling by now...And I realize every team has a bad outing, that game was an example.

I hope that was the last game of that type of play, because I really want them to succeed and make state., They have the talent and skills to do so.

Not trying to take anything away from Northern Cass and then doing just that, give credit where it’s due. Casual fan take and that’s ok but you are missing the game that was played within the game last night.
urserious
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:34 am

lennylive wrote:Im an Eagles fan, but last nights game was subpar at best.

It's sad isn't it! That much talent and no discipline. Here is my take:

1,#20 gets a T for continuing down the floor 60' after an officials whistle to stop play and dunks the ball. Hey Coach put him on the bench for awhile and have a conversation.
2.Way too many turnovers. These kids need to value each possession more and respect the opponent.
3.I see a lack of an offense, just kids shooting from wherever whenever.
4.You see Gus jump over the free throw line??? Someone please teach this guy how to shoot a proper free throw. It's not like he's not strong enough and he's not in 5th grade anymore.
5.Sadly Enderlin will fall against a team with a better Coach because that's the one thing that stares me in the face when I watch them play. Kraft doesn't discipline his players and to tell you the truth I don't know what he contributes. Put a good Coach against Enderlin and press them with quick players and down they will fall.

Oh and Lemna couldn't hit a shot at the end when it counted. NC picked their battles and let him stand out there and shoot and it was working. With all the talent Enderlin has they should of won by 20pts.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby mdk23 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:22 am

Do either of you saying there was too many TOs actually know how many they had? And how many most high school teams have? I'll help you. They had 12. Lack of offense? They are 3rd in the state in scoring. There is a lot of good coaches in the state but I would put money on there not being 10 with more knowledge of the game than Calvin Kraft. If you ever have a chance to sit and talk hoops with him, you will appreciate his take on the game. As far as discipline, I'm not in practice with them and I assume you aren't either. Seems like an odd thing to fault someone on. You see about 15% of the time a coach spends with his players. GoPack, you're a tough one to figure out. Hate, hate, hate when things don't go well, but silent and void of praise when things do.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." Michael Jordan
mdk23
NDPreps Starter

Postby east sider » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:11 pm

mdk23 wrote:Do either of you saying there was too many TOs actually know how many they had? And how many most high school teams have? I'll help you. They had 12. Lack of offense? They are 3rd in the state in scoring. There is a lot of good coaches in the state but I would put money on there not being 10 with more knowledge of the game than Calvin Kraft. If you ever have a chance to sit and talk hoops with him, you will appreciate his take on the game. As far as discipline, I'm not in practice with them and I assume you aren't either. Seems like an odd thing to fault someone on. You see about 15% of the time a coach spends with his players. GoPack, you're a tough one to figure out. Hate, hate, hate when things don't go well, but silent and void of praise when things do.

Meh. They seem to have one of the most talented starting line ups in many years, including a very special talent to lead them. Knowledge alone doesn't make you a great coach, it's an art. In his defense it's not all on the coach, but when a team underperforms that's usually who gets the blame, fair or not.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:25 pm

Subtle reminder to check out the Rules of the Forum topic...specifically rules #7 & #8!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby leroybla » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:52 pm

At half in Grafton, Grafton leads Kindred boys 30-20.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:06 pm

leroybla wrote:At half in Grafton, Grafton leads Kindred boys 30-20.

Grafton 57
Kindred 46
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby lennylive » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:09 pm

Its hard to watch a team have a bad night I guess. As a fan ya play the blame game..its easy to be a backseat driver.
Enderlin hasnt been #1 the past few weeks for no reason...they have earned that standing.
They have a Great coach (Kraft comes from a family of BB minds) and a lot of talent .. I guess expectations run high when your a fan and want to see them excel and succeed . As fan of a team we want to see them play like we know they are capable of, and when facing certain opponents we think they should dominate on both ends from the beginning to the end of the game.
Like I had said previously... every team has its bad games/moments and as a fan its tough to watch. As far as turnovers I still think they can clean that up a bit, they actually had 12, plus the Tech to me is a turnover. along with offensive fouls such as charging (your giving the ball back to the opponent)..averaging 15 per game(of course the 30 in the 4WM game is a huge contributor to this) I feel is to many.

Its said, you learn by your mistakes... let this be a learning game.

They won, and in the end that's what counts.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:36 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

All I was trying to say is they have plenty guys to pick from, do you know they raise over 100,00 in one night for their booster club. Maybe jealous but thats why the small schools have to stick up for each other. I have no idea where you thought i was implying that i was happy a kid got hurt, far from the truth. All I was sayin if Enderlin would lose a guy it probably not be as easy to replace, same with Richland last year, they got some guys hurt and ended up losing some games, small schools for ya.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:16 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

All I was trying to say is they have plenty guys to pick from, do you know they raise over 100,00 in one night for their booster club. Maybe jealous but thats why the small schools have to stick up for each other. I have no idea where you thought i was implying that i was happy a kid got hurt, far from the truth. All I was sayin if Enderlin would lose a guy it probably not be as easy to replace, same with Richland last year, they got some guys hurt and ended up losing some games, small schools for ya.

It was how it was read by many users that day; therefore had to reply. Thanks for clarification to your response.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Next

Return to Boys