FWM vs. Enderlin

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

FWM vs. Enderlin

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:23 pm

FWM 85- Enderlin 70. Anyone have any insight and go to this game?

I’ve stated previously that Enderlin will struggle against good guard play & run and gun teams, wondering if this was the case?
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: FWM vs. Enderlin

Postby scout_101 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:16 pm

I watched the game online. With Enderlins size I thought they would of controllled the paint a little more. Fwm started off fast like always. Fwm was up 20-4 at one point and Enderlin battled back to take the lead. Fw pressured the whole game. Besides when they took out varsity players with 1:20 left and being up of 20pts. I think if Enderlin played in the paint a little more it would of been closer. They shot a lot of 3s. Fwm guards were in the paint more then Enderlins bigs.
scout_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby RockNRoll » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:31 pm

Four winds did a good job playing as a team Inside and out. Enderlin didn’t get much second chances.
RockNRoll
NDPreps Reserve

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:10 am

I watched it online. And yes I completely agree that FWM guards were in the paint more than Enderlins bigs. I don't know how many 3's Enderlin shot but it was alot. The biggest tower even got a 3 pointer blocked by one of FWM guards...
FWM is a better all around team. The big guy for FWM was great. Slow but the kid has moves on the inside and I don't know anyone that can stop him if he wants to score.
Early in the year and Enderlin will get better but they did not look like one of the best teams in the state last night but that can happen to anyone.
Carson Bartholomay needs to get the ball in his hands a lot more. That kid can play IMO.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby mdk23 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:00 pm

I watched the game online too and have a different opinion. Bronson Walter had 10 points and 2 rebounds. Not exactly great, or score at will. 4 of his points were picking up a loose ball and laying it in or on an offensive rebound. Not exactly unstoppable, as you say maddog. Joe Hurlburt struggled and still ended up with 18 and 13. If that's a bad game for him, watch out. Bartholomay played 12 minutes due to foul trouble, including the T. FWM got Enderlin sped up and force tons of turnovers, great plan and execution on their part. Enderlin bigs never got to the paint most possessions, having to help with press break. Enderlin will be fine. Big chance to show they belong at number 2 with games against 4 and 5 on the road next weekend. Coach Kraft knows exactly what he is doing playing all of these non-region games against top teams. Get the team ready for the gauntlet of Region 1.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." Michael Jordan
mdk23
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:17 pm

mdk23 wrote:I watched the game online too and have a different opinion. Bronson Walter had 10 points and 2 rebounds. Not exactly great, or score at will. 4 of his points were picking up a loose ball and laying it in or on an offensive rebound. Not exactly unstoppable, as you say maddog. Joe Hurlburt struggled and still ended up with 18 and 13. If that's a bad game for him, watch out. Bartholomay played 12 minutes due to foul trouble, including the T. FWM got Enderlin sped up and force tons of turnovers, great plan and execution on their part. Enderlin bigs never got to the paint most possessions, having to help with press break. Enderlin will be fine. Big chance to show they belong at number 2 with games against 4 and 5 on the road next weekend. Coach Kraft knows exactly what he is doing playing all of these non-region games against top teams. Get the team ready for the gauntlet of Region 1.

No different than the Oak Grove approach for the past several years (Kindred has done this well as of late too)...get out and play good non-region competition to prepare for the home stretch of Region 1 games.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Vikings2009 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:21 pm

IMO Enderlin will have a lot of trouble with quicker teams, I wasn’t very impressed with them as a team. I can see them losing more games but there schedule after the next few games seems a lot easier for the next 12-13 games.
Vikings2009
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RockNRoll » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:47 pm

maddog1971 wrote:I watched it online. And yes I completely agree that FWM guards were in the paint more than Enderlins bigs. I don't know how many 3's Enderlin shot but it was alot. The biggest tower even got a 3 pointer blocked by one of FWM guards...
FWM is a better all around team. The big guy for FWM was great. Slow but the kid has moves on the inside and I don't know anyone that can stop him if he wants to score.
Early in the year and Enderlin will get better but they did not look like one of the best teams in the state last night but that can happen to anyone.
Carson Bartholomay needs to get the ball in his hands a lot more. That kid can play IMO.

I agree Four winds plays tough!!
RockNRoll
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lennylive » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:20 pm

when ya turn the ball over 32 times..you will NEVER win ...period. Cut those down to 16 turnovers and ya got a BARN BURNER... IN FACT ,,,Enderlin would have won that game.

Four Winds has been and always will be a Run ya ragged/press type of team... they roll 4 guys off the bench and keep the legs fresh.
I watched the game today... Eagles handled the storm pretty good 1st half only down by 6 at half ..2nd half had the lead ..it changed a few times.... they just fell flat the later in 2nd half..and 4 Winds kept the pedal to the floor...no let up... had a 3 on 1 a few times even. Statistically it was a close game. Eagles 1 less rebound than 4 winds.(which shouldv never happened given size advantage). 4 winds had 10 more steals than Enderlin. Eagles shot 54% from 2pt land...40% from 3 pt land and 72% from the line.. that is respectable.
Eagles need to figure out how to move through a press better than what they did... waaay to many bad passes ...any team that watched that game will have the same plan, cause havoc by pressing...especially quick teams.
1 other thing.... if ya live by the 3... you can die by the 3... and when the BIGS are outside cannin up 3s.. and no one inside getting rebounds... your giving up that advantage. It might work against a weak team, but its not going to work against a Top 10 team, for the most part.
Eagles will Rebound and learn from this game, a humbling experience early on is a good wakeup call. I have no doubt Kraft will have those boys whipped into shape by the end of the season going into Regionals.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby HONKER » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:53 am

Where can a person watch this game?
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:44 am

lennylive wrote:when ya turn the ball over 32 times..you will NEVER win ...period. Cut those down to 16 turnovers and ya got a BARN BURNER... IN FACT ,,,Enderlin would have won that game.

Four Winds has been and always will be a Run ya ragged/press type of team... they roll 4 guys off the bench and keep the legs fresh.
I watched the game today... Eagles handled the storm pretty good 1st half only down by 6 at half ..2nd half had the lead ..it changed a few times.... they just fell flat the later in 2nd half..and 4 Winds kept the pedal to the floor...no let up... had a 3 on 1 a few times even. Statistically it was a close game. Eagles 1 less rebound than 4 winds.(which shouldv never happened given size advantage). 4 winds had 10 more steals than Enderlin. Eagles shot 54% from 2pt land...40% from 3 pt land and 72% from the line.. that is respectable.
Eagles need to figure out how to move through a press better than what they did... waaay to many bad passes ...any team that watched that game will have the same plan, cause havoc by pressing...especially quick teams.
1 other thing.... if ya live by the 3... you can die by the 3... and when the BIGS are outside cannin up 3s.. and no one inside getting rebounds... your giving up that advantage. It might work against a weak team, but its not going to work against a Top 10 team, for the most part.
Eagles will Rebound and learn from this game, a humbling experience early on is a good wakeup call. I have no doubt Kraft will have those boys whipped into shape by the end of the season going into Regionals.

Eagles problem is in their heads! If they don't mentally get into the game they aren't going to win anything. They won't even find themselves getting out of Region 1 and it will be the same ending as last year. Stop crying to the refs, stop trying to showboat, stop trying to dunk on every possession. You could play this game ten times and the Eagles will lose every single one of them. Fact!
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby mdk23 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:01 am

GOPACK, you clearly didn't watch the game. Probably watch it before you make uninformed comments. Crying to the refs on what? Showboat where? They were 1-1 on dunks. Literally 1 attempt. And you quoted a comment that said their bigs floated on the perimeter, but chose to say they tried to dunk on every possession. Fact!
mdk23
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:33 am

Goodness...where did this Enderlin hate come from?? Never thought I’d say this but is Enderlin the new Oak Grove?!?
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:25 am

It's to bad really. Enderlin has been irrelevant for most of the last 25 years now get one group of kids to come through the system who have all went to school in Enderlin since elementary and jealousy rears it's ugly head. There has been no "recruiting." I know for a fact that them boys have put countless hours in that gym to get to where they are at. Maybe they will win state the state tournament. Maybe they won't even make the tournament. How about we just let them enjoy the ride?! Because like most small town nd schools once this group is gone they will be unheard of again for many many years to come!
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:23 pm

mdk23 wrote:GOPACK, you clearly didn't watch the game. Probably watch it before you make uninformed comments. Crying to the refs on what? Showboat where? They were 1-1 on dunks. Literally 1 attempt. And you quoted a comment that said their bigs floated on the perimeter, but chose to say they tried to dunk on every possession. Fact!

I watched the game probably as well as anyone else with the terrible buffering, cutting out that the NFHS Network provided for us. Even if you go back now and try to watch it still cuts in and out. I seen enough last year to come to my opinion of their conduct and actions on the court. I don't hate them for having a competitive team, I don't dislike the kids, I would just like to see a little more of a class act on the court. And yes, they are still talking to the refs just like last year which is not ok. Shut your mouth and play the game.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby mdk23 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:08 pm

If you watched it on NFHS then you did not watch it as well as anybody. You saw about half the game. It was live streamed on Facebook without a single glitch. If you are anti-talk to the refs, then you would be on here talking about the FWM kids and how they talked to the refs too. Maybe you have something to say about the FWM kid that got tossed because of his talk? How come you aren't asking for class by both teams? It's too bad, as previous posts have stated, that people watch games with preconceived ideas about teams and players. Enjoy the basketball. Recognize the talent and discuss the flaws, but at least do it fairly.
mdk23
NDPreps Starter

Postby mdk23 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:17 pm

GOPACK: I demand class from high school kids when they take the court.

Also GOPACK: Hey high school kids, shut your mouth and play the game. (In an online forum)

Great example of class!
mdk23
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:40 pm

Just about any player talks to an official nowadays...many are just questions asked, a little complaining, and the rare over the top. It’s not just ONE team or one level...it’s all...it’s even down into elementary ball.

Side note: keep this topic civil and within forum rules.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby senditin » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:40 pm

mdk23 wrote:If you watched it on NFHS then you did not watch it as well as anybody. You saw about half the game. It was live streamed on Facebook without a single glitch. If you are anti-talk to the refs, then you would be on here talking about the FWM kids and how they talked to the refs too. Maybe you have something to say about the FWM kid that got tossed because of his talk? How come you aren't asking for class by both teams? It's too bad, as previous posts have stated, that people watch games with preconceived ideas about teams and players. Enjoy the basketball. Recognize the talent and discuss the flaws, but at least do it fairly.

The game was fine until no. 20 for Enderlin intentionally tripped Walters after he blocked his shot. They had to be separated. No. 0 for Enderlin was poppin off the whole game and eventually got a T. He got in Walters face during the tripping fracas and the FW player got his 1st tech. In the other incident a FW player was fouled hard and 0 was jawing again thats when FW player got 2nd T. They always get the 2nd guy. Each team got 2 techs and play settled down after that. Being tall is great but speed kills.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:50 pm

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
mdk23 wrote:GOPACK, you clearly didn't watch the game. Probably watch it before you make uninformed comments. Crying to the refs on what? Showboat where? They were 1-1 on dunks. Literally 1 attempt. And you quoted a comment that said their bigs floated on the perimeter, but chose to say they tried to dunk on every possession. Fact!

I watched the game probably as well as anyone else with the terrible buffering, cutting out that the NFHS Network provided for us. Even if you go back now and try to watch it still cuts in and out. I seen enough last year to come to my opinion of their conduct and actions on the court. I don't hate them for having a competitive team, I don't dislike the kids, I would just like to see a little more of a class act on the court. And yes, they are still talking to the refs just like last year which is not ok. Shut your mouth and play the game.

Please crawl out from under your rock big guy. Please show me a team that doesn't complain about a few calls throughout the game. From third grade to a pro that has played for 15 years. Is it ideal no but if thats your biggest complaint on Enderlin I guess they are in pretty good shape.
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:29 pm

I’ve seen Enderlin 3 times the last two years (including this Fw game on YouTube) and I have to agree with some of what Gopackgo said. It’s on the coaches who allow players to chirp. I can name lots that don’t. FW looked like they were clearly the better team. They were up by 22 and coasting the last 15 minutes. Lots of X’s and O’s A person can break down, FW’s knows what they want to do and they do it. No program any better.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:24 pm

mdk23 wrote:GOPACK: I demand class from high school kids when they take the court.

Also GOPACK: Hey high school kids, shut your mouth and play the game. (In an online forum)

Great example of class!

Are you from Enderlin? You seem to be getting kind of worked up about one person's opinion. If you are from Enderlin maybe you should reach out to your community and ask them to support your team a little better. Kind of sad only seeing 25 people coming to Regionals last year. Maybe the community has the same opinion?

I don't know how any adult in their right mind can defend any student athlete getting a T or talking smack on the court. If you think it's ok maybe you should crawl back under your rock because the hardwood is better off without you. These are students, NOT professional athletes!
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sorenson23 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:23 am

We got to take into credit that we are very early into the season. Both teams will get better as the season progresses.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lennylive » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:21 am

Sorenson23 wrote:We got to take into credit that we are very early into the season. Both teams will get better as the season progresses.

Couldnt have said it better. All Teams improve over the season. I am sure Enderlin will drop in the polls this week..but a # is all it is..just a number. At the end of the year the only thing that matters is if ya make it to state and get to represent your town and region.

Anyone who watched this game knows that there is alot of room for Enderlin (and 4 Winds) to improve their game. That improvement is up to the Coach AND the players. It is about making smart choices with passing, better shot choices,hitting the boards harder,and showing a little more class on the floor.

As I stated in my previous response,..had Enderlin not turned the ball over,and yes 4winds Stole the ball several times, but Eagles made MANY bad choices..the game would have been a Barn Burner.
And Yes GOPACK..I am an Eagles fan... I can agree..they need to have a little more class...but 4 Winds played the same game..it was a very physical game and the Ts went to both teams. BOTH teams need to clean up their act and GET SOME CLASS and Pride. Quit whinning to the Refs..that never works, Your coach is the person who talks to the Referees..not you.
As far as showboating..stop the Globetrotter act of dribbling between your legs and behind the back it doesnt impress me. I would rather see better ball control and smart decisions on passing.. AND REBOUNDING..follow your SHOT !!(dont stand outside the 3 pt line with your had held up waiting for your shot to go in)... dunking the ball is fine, but do it when the time is right..if ya miss a dunk... especially when behind, that only ads insult to injury.(seen it a few times).. But if you have a clear open Dunk.. Go for it !.. Just Make it .
Both Teams Have a VERY good chance of Representing their Region at State... I hope Enderlin can make it this year. and possibly next.
Go Eagles !
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:48 pm

My guess is 95% of coaches don't want their players following their shot if it is a 3-pointer and dribbling between the legs and behind the back can definitely be done to showboat, but I think anyone that handles the ball should be able to dribble behind their back. It is just the best way to change hands when dribbling without dribbling in front of your defender or turning your back to the defense.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys