After a couple games Who is Better and Who is Worse?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

After a couple games Who is Better and Who is Worse?

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:18 am

I was just wondering who is better and who is worse than pre season picks after the first couple games? Any surprises?
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Re: After a couple games Who is Better and Who is Worse?

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:16 am

Hard to determine this as many teams have only played 1 or 2 games. I'd rather hit this question up after a better sample size of games are played (7+)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby hoophoophoop » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:45 pm

Watched little bit of W-L, people were picking them for a sleeper, that is a negative iMO. Kindred definitely looks good, haven't seen much other than that.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RockNRoll » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:07 pm

#1 Four winds by 20 most of the game vs enderlin. FW Won by 15
RockNRoll
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikingman » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:11 pm

It looked to be quite contentious. How many 'T's were there in all?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:02 am

4 total... one player from four winds had 2 and was ejected... the other 2 were on 2 separate enderlin players
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packers21 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:30 am

Polls are always off the first couple weeks but they are really missing the boat on Kindred. They are a top 1-3 team in the state.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:01 am

Watched the Enderlin and FWM last night... It just seemed whenever FWM wanted to go... they would score at will... then they would let Enderlin score, then turn it on again and get up by 20. FWM big kid was awesome. The twin towers had nothing for him. The only time I think i really saw Enderlin go inside was when FWM but in the JV. Also.... when your down my 20-25 and the other team puts in the JV and you still run your starters and press them...Why? Also Barthamay for Enderlin is a stud and could play for me any time.
Last edited by maddog1971 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:02 am

packers21 wrote:Polls are always off the first couple weeks but they are really missing the boat on Kindred. They are a top 1-3 team in the state.

Well they play Shiloh coming up so we will see if they are the real deal or not.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:13 am

packers21 wrote:Polls are always off the first couple weeks but they are really missing the boat on Kindred. They are a top 1-3 team in the state.

I will give you kindred is top 3 in region 1, but top 3 in the state is a stretch. There are alot of top ten teams playing one another the next couple weeks so time will tell.
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packers21 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:30 am

wnrwnrckndnr wrote:

I will give you kindred is top 3 in region 1, but top 3 in the state is a stretch. There are alot of top ten teams playing one another the next couple weeks so time will tell.

If they con consistently knock down outside shots like they have they are that good. Will be interesting to see them travel but I believe they can be that good. Region 1 is deep again. Few top teams in the state in the Region.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 3sportfan » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:09 am

Did anyone watch both the FW/Beulah and FW/Enderlin game to have some thoughts on the upcoming Beulah vs Enderlin game
3sportfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:41 am

Beulah has no real size down low so that should be an advantage for Enderlin. OG’s Swenson went for 24 last night and got to the line often...not enough additional scoring help doomed OG
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby justplayalready » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:21 pm

I'm not sure Rugby has the talent or depth to overcome their sloppy play on both ends...They are looking like a .500 team right now
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:47 pm

wnrwnrckndnr wrote:

Ready to reconsider ur statement here ? Enderlin and Kindred are IMO both Top 3 teams teams in the state.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:42 pm

packers21 wrote:
wnrwnrckndnr wrote:

Ready to reconsider ur statement here ? Enderlin and Kindred are IMO both Top 3 teams teams in the state.

Nope I'm not. Not yet. But there is still alot of season left. Had kindred played Four Winds, Grafton, Beulah, Enderlin or Dickinson Trinity and won yes maybe I would. Them guys have all been playing one another. The only think Kindred beating Shiloh proved to me is Shiloh was rated to high and Kindred is rated about right where they should be. In order for me to put Kindred in the top 5 they have to beat somebody in the top 5 and I haven't seen that.
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packers21 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:48 am

wnrwnrckndnr wrote:
packers21 wrote:
wnrwnrckndnr wrote:

Nope I'm not. Not yet. But there is still alot of season left. Had kindred played Four Winds, Grafton, Beulah, Enderlin or Dickinson Trinity and won yes maybe I would. Them guys have all been playing one another. The only think Kindred beating Shiloh proved to me is Shiloh was rated to high and Kindred is rated about right where they should be. In order for me to put Kindred in the top 5 they have to beat somebody in the top 5 and I haven't seen that.

They pounded Shiloh who will be at the State Tournament. It’s pretty easy to tell by watching those teams you listed ans watching Kindred how they match up. Their schedule hasn’t been easy either, and they have Grafton in about 3 weeks. I’m not a Kindred fan at all but pretty easy to recognize how solid they are.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby birthday » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:41 am

Kindred also goes to kulm to play EKM which will be a good matchup
birthday
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:04 pm

birthday wrote:Kindred also goes to kulm to play EKM which will be a good matchup

Kindred gets EKM & Grafton coming up in a couple of weeks.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:02 am

wnrwnrckndnr wrote:Nope I'm not. Not yet. But there is still alot of season left. Had kindred played Four Winds, Grafton, Beulah, Enderlin or Dickinson Trinity and won yes maybe I would. Them guys have all been playing one another. The only think Kindred beating Shiloh proved to me is Shiloh was rated to high and Kindred is rated about right where they should be. In order for me to put Kindred in the top 5 they have to beat somebody in the top 5 and I haven't seen that.

Grafton has played none of these teams. They have played 4 region games with the best team they have played being Hatton which they only beat by 7. The other three wins are PRFL, Midway-Minto, and Cavalier. They play Kindred at the end of January and have Central Cass in the middle of January. Hard to say they have played a tougher schedule to than Kindred who has played HCV, Shiloh, and Northern Cass....
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:14 am

Well I have been watching lots of games online... I love this new world of online games.
Enderlin can beat anybody but I also think they can get beat as well... they are not deep.
Trinity is real good as well but they just don't have the size IMO
FWM is good but they need to make shots and if they can not get the pressure to get turnovers... they can get beat as well...
Grafton is good... I really like the way their guards play.
Powers Lake... They have a real shot of making it to the State B again.
Kindred... have played only 3 games at home but will get on the road for the next 3 weeks. They have lots of pieces. If they get in a high scoring game they will get beat but they have really good defense.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:04 pm

I think Grafton is going to win Region 2 and is clearly the best team but I don't know how they will fair against teams like Kindred, Four Winds, or Enderlin in a state-tournament setting. Their primary post defender is listed at 6'4" (I don't think he is that tall). I know they have played decent posts already and have done very well with them but I don't know how they matchup up with those top teams with a lot of size playing straight man defense - I have yet to see them play a single possession of zone. Bronson Walter, the Hurlburt kids, and Keller would give them problems I think. Guards are very good and they have decent depth so will be interesting to see how they matchup with Kindred when they play later in the season. I'm really excited to see them play North Border and Kindred coming up to try and see how real deal they are.

If I re-did a top 5 today based on what we now know I think I would go:

1. Four Winds
2. Enderlin
3. Dickinson Trinity
4. Kindred
5. Grafton
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:09 pm

Need to throw out a couple of teams that haven't been mentioned on this thread, which could compete in the respective regions at the end of the season.

Flasher in Region 5. I believe they will contend with Bismarck Shiloh, and of course since they're a small town it would be great for old time class B fans to see them advance.

Langdon-E-M in Region 4. They've had some impressive wins so far (blew out Bismarck Shiloh), and if watching their talent on the FB field is any indication, they will be contending in BB also. Four Winds will be their big test, as everyone knows. Region 4 looks to be a very talented Region overall.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:02 pm

Flasher made it to state in 2014 and have consistently had quality teams since then. I wouldn’t be shocked one bit to see them come out of R5.

Langdon has always been talked about in R4 but usually falter down the stretch; I don’t see that happening this year though...they’ll be right with FWM in the end
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:00 pm

UNDSiouxfan wrote:Need to throw out a couple of teams that haven't been mentioned on this thread, which could compete in the respective regions at the end of the season.

Flasher in Region 5. I believe they will contend with Bismarck Shiloh, and of course since they're a small town it would be great for old time class B fans to see them advance.

Langdon-E-M in Region 4. They've had some impressive wins so far (blew out Bismarck Shiloh), and if watching their talent on the FB field is any indication, they will be contending in BB also. Four Winds will be their big test, as everyone knows. Region 4 looks to be a very talented Region overall.

Langdon would be my number 6 team right now. Their big three are very good but I question if they have the depth to compete with teams that can match their front end talent. They also are going to be undersized when playing some of those top teams with bigs.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys