After a couple games Who is Better and Who is Worse?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: After a couple games Who is Better and Who is Worse?

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:38 pm

wnrwnrckndnr wrote:
packers21 wrote:
wnrwnrckndnr wrote:
packers21 wrote:Polls are always off the first couple weeks but they are really missing the boat on Kindred. They are a top 1-3 team in the state.

I will give you kindred is top 3 in region 1, but top 3 in the state is a stretch. There are alot of top ten teams playing one another the next couple weeks so time will tell.

Ready to reconsider ur statement here ? Enderlin and Kindred are IMO both Top 3 teams teams in the state.

Nope I'm not. Not yet. But there is still alot of season left. Had kindred played Four Winds, Grafton, Beulah, Enderlin or Dickinson Trinity and won yes maybe I would. Them guys have all been playing one another. The only think Kindred beating Shiloh proved to me is Shiloh was rated to high and Kindred is rated about right where they should be. In order for me to put Kindred in the top 5 they have to beat somebody in the top 5 and I haven't seen that.

Seems Kindred is still having trouble with any of the top teams. Lost to grafton today.
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:25 pm

Is Kindred's leading scorer still out? I know he didn't play against EKM, but I don't know why.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby leroybla » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:29 pm

I think he's (Paul Olson) back.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BelfieldBantams » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:39 pm

Paul Olson was back tonight before re-injurying in the first quarter.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby leroybla » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:08 pm

Olson finished the game, didn't he?
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BelfieldBantams » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:38 pm

No he did not. He went out about 3 minutes left in the first and did not return.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:14 pm

We're around halfway through the season, and from what I've seen Region 3 appears to be the top Region this year. There are some very good teams that I don't think get the recognition they deserve.

I haven't seen EKM or Ellendale play, but their records show they are having very good seasons. They are probably the two favorites to go to state, but Oakes, Linton HMB, SZ, & Lamoure have all proven they can beat anybody.

LaMoure is in the middle of the pack in this Region, and they just knocked off Enderlin for those that didn't notice.

I did get to see Oakes and came away impressed. They have one of the best 2 way players in the state in Steele Hansen, along with a very good guard in Meehl and their big guy Biesterfield knows how to play the middle. Ellendale has a true big guy who's only a Jr and already has 1,000 points, and Linton has a couple of very good guards who can match up with anybody.

Whoever represents Region 3 at state this year is going to be battle-tested.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:28 pm

UNDSiouxfan wrote:We're around halfway through the season, and from what I've seen Region 3 appears to be the top Region this year. There are some very good teams that I don't think get the recognition they deserve.

I haven't seen EKM or Ellendale play, but their records show they are having very good seasons. They are probably the two favorites to go to state, but Oakes, Linton HMB, SZ, & Lamoure have all proven they can beat anybody.

LaMoure is in the middle of the pack in this Region, and they just knocked off Enderlin for those that didn't notice.

I did get to see Oakes and came away impressed. They have one of the best 2 way players in the state in Steele Hansen, along with a very good guard in Meehl and their big guy Biesterfield knows how to play the middle. Ellendale has a true big guy who's only a Jr and already has 1,000 points, and Linton has a couple of very good guards who can match up with anybody.

Whoever represents Region 3 at state this year is going to be battle-tested.

Agreed! Also most of the teams you have mentioned (outside of SZ) have played some very tough schedules. There are a number of teams who could put 3 good games together and win this Region. The semifinal and final night of the Region 3 Tournament should be some great games.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:48 am

I think Region 3 is tough. They play a very physical style of play. If they get officials that call a tight game Region 3 teams will be in trouble.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby justplayalready » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:25 am

Region 6 looks like a total toss up...Today it is a pick between Botno, Drake, Velva on the 11 side and Minot Privates & MLS on 12 side...

Wild card is Rugby...Injuries and sickness have put their season in limbo. I think they get through a weak bottom of 11 and hope for a return to health in time for R6...
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:59 am

Assume no upsets at regions. What do the seeds look like at the state tournament?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:07 pm

I'll take a stab at it:

1. Four Winds Minnewaukan (if Langdon goes, they would be 3 or 4)
2. Dickinson Trinity (unless Beulah or Bowman go, I don't think either would be seeded)
3. Enderlin or Kindred (if anyone else goes from 1 they would be unseeded)
4. Grafton (if anyone else goes, unseeded)
5. Region 3 winner
If any major upsets in 1 or 2 I would say Region 6 rep would slide in and be seeded. If Powers Lake were to run the table the rest of the way in 8 they could get a seed. I don't think the winner of 5 is seeded.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby justplayalready » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:08 pm

Flip wrote:Assume no upsets at regions. What do the seeds look like at the state tournament?

By region... 4, 1, 3, 2, 7 (5, 6, 8 ) ??? as I really have no clue
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:49 pm

I will rank the top 20 teams in the state IMO:

1. Four Winds Minnewaukan
2. Dickinson Trinity
3. Enderlin
4. Grafton
5. Kindred
6. Edgeley Kulm
7. Langdon
8. Elendale
9. Central Cass
10. Dunseith (their loss to Kenmare confuses me)
11. North Border
12. Bowman
13. Beulah
14. Bismarck Shiloh Christian
15. Minot Bishop Ryan
16. Powers Lake
17. Linton HMB
18. Oak Grove
19. Thompson
20. Rugby.

Holy cow this was difficult for me.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:37 pm

How about Bowman County taking Trinity to OT and a last second shot...
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby BelfieldBantams » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:49 pm

The next poll should be very interesting to see how or if it gets shaken up. Lots of top 15 teams with losses this week but a good handful of them to other top 15 teams. Plus I believe there are only three 1-loss teams left.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby RockNRoll » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:50 pm

Powers lake had a great game tonight vs #1 four winds.
Powers lake shot the lights out, should be ranked top 5 IMO.

Would like to know there field goal % on tonight’s game?
RockNRoll
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikingman » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:36 pm

Powers Lake may have had a good game, but they still lost, and they have yet to beat a team in the top 15. Until they can get some quality wins, I would say they are ranked about where they should be.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby lennylive » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:12 am

I thought Power s lake played well against a Solid 4WM team... but like Vikingman stated, they have not beat a top 15 team.

Watching 4WM a few times...I will have to say this, they know how to use their big man.. dump it in to him, draw 3 players..then back outside for a 3..or he just makes 1 move for a quick 2 points. I dont see any real threat from LEM or Dunseith,..but a bad night of shooting is all it takes.
Region 1 is going to be tough to call..OG and WL are very competitive(they could pose an upset), Enderlin had a 4 game slump with 2 tough loses, but seem like they turned it around(fingers crossed) with a blowout against Tristate and a win against a good Shiloh team. Big test for them Tuesday when they travel to CC.
CC and Kindred both have been staying in stride...they roll 4 off the bench and work the ball very well offensively. No prediction here yet although if the top 3 Enderlin, Kindred and CC play solid..those are the teams that will be in the Runnin. ..Go Eagles !
Region 2...IMO..it is going to come down to NB and Grafton..

Region 3 is gonna be a Dogfight... I give the edge to EKM, but that's going to come down to who can make Freethrows in the championship game.
Its going to be very interesting these next 2 weeks thats for sure.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:38 am

I think Powers Lake should be the 10th Ranked team in the state. They play who is on the schedule. No they have not beat anybody and lost to 2 good teams. I think Shiloh is sort of a bad loss because Shiloh has had it handed to them by the top teams in the state. But I still think they deserver to be considered the 10th best team in the state.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:56 am

lennylive wrote:Region 2...IMO..it is going to come down to NB and Grafton..

I tend to agree that will be the region championship but I think HCV will definitely compete to get to the championship. They have played a tough schedule out of the region (4 Winds, CC, Kindred, Oak Grove, and Shiloh) and should be ready for big games by the time they hit the tournament. They have really begun adjusting to the new style of basketball compared to last few years and have been playing much better. They still have Grafton, Shiloh, Thompson, and North Border left and I think they win at least two of those games vs. very good teams. They are the team outside of NB and Grafton I wouldn't want to see in the region semi-finals, IMO it will be a big deal who gets the region seeding that keeps them away from HCV. It wouldn't shock me if Hatton or Thompson knocked off either Grafton or NB either but I don't think that will happen.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:40 pm

packers21 wrote:
wnrwnrckndnr wrote:
packers21 wrote:Polls are always off the first couple weeks but they are really missing the boat on Kindred. They are a top 1-3 team in the state.

I will give you kindred is top 3 in region 1, but top 3 in the state is a stretch. There are alot of top ten teams playing one another the next couple weeks so time will tell.

If they con consistently knock down outside shots like they have they are that good. Will be interesting to see them travel but I believe they can be that good. Region 1 is deep again. Few top teams in the state in the Region.

So are you ready to change ur mind ?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:59 pm

packers21 wrote:
packers21 wrote:
wnrwnrckndnr wrote:

If they con consistently knock down outside shots like they have they are that good. Will be interesting to see them travel but I believe they can be that good. Region 1 is deep again. Few top teams in the state in the Region.

So are you ready to change ur mind ?

Well I'm left with no option but to give you the classic you were right I was wrong.
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys