Livestreams

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Livestreams

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:13 pm

This is the single greatest thing to come out of COVID-19!!! We have been watching girls regionals all week from around the state. We do subscribe to NFHS for a few months of the year to add to our opportunities, but I think it's well worth the few month investment. Thanks for sharing your links everyone!
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:18 pm

I say it's the only perk to Covid
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsphenom » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:31 am

BEK has always done Region 3 and 8. I saw today on NDHSAA that PSP is doing both Region 5 and 6 so all Regions should be covered

Region 1: Your live event
Region 2: Your live event
Region 3: BEK
Region 4: NFHS
Region 5: PSP
Region 6: PSP
Region 7: NFHS
Region 8: BEK
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikingman » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:58 pm

Looks like I'll be driving to Devils Lake to watch in-person. :D
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby ProudPirate » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:57 pm

If you get a chance make sure you thank the guys putting on these LiveStreams for the Regions. It's $500 just to do the play-in games. MN is no different for their sections. Whether it's the individual schools or the station sponsors paying the bill, it's a pretty good chunk of change. As a Class B fan, I sure do appreciate being able to see all games.
ProudPirate
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikingman » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:05 am

I know...I just can't let go of this...

Last 4 North Star games that I've tried to watch on NFHS:
1) Harvey--the scoreboard was off by 20 points. I started viewing in the 3rd quarter, thinking they had the game in hand when they were actually losing.

2) New Rockford--This had a picture-in-picture scoreboard down in the corner. But the video of the scoreboard was totally out of sync with the video of the game (I have no idea how that could even happen). It gradually got farther and farther off, and at the end of the game, as the players were shaking hands, the scoreboard was showing that the 4th quarter had just started.

3) District championship. I don't think I saw 2 minutes of continuous live action because the feed was constantly locking up and then reconnecting a few minutes later.

4) Last night, Region game vs Lakota. I don't know how it went during the game, because I was smart enough to be there in person. But as I went to watch it 'on demand' this morning, it had a video of an dark, empty gym in Cando rather than a video of an actual game in Devils Lake. (and yes, the game is listed as North Star v Lakota, March 7).

Only one of the 4 games from yesterday is viewable in the 'on demand' section. Two of the games aren't even listed, and the North Star one is no game at all. I heard from a spectator last night that the St John game cut out during the 2nd quarter. I don't know how long it stayed off, but it isn't viewable today.

I had my camera there last night and was asked if I was streaming. I wasn't. Later they made an announcement that it was against the rules for anyone to be streaming on any platform (Facebook, etc.) Yes, if someone would have been streaming, it would have been against the rules, but at least people would have been able to see the games.

addendum -- I see that the Four Winds-Rolla game is now viewable. 2 out of 4 is probably all we can expect from NFHS.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:45 am

vikingman wrote:Looks like I'll be driving to Devils Lake to watch in-person. :D

It's a good thing I DID watch in person--of the first 6 games of the tournament, they only managed to get 2 streamed (at least that's all that's showing in On Demand)
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys