leading scorers

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby point/center » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:28 am

1          Clint Urvand, Jr.           Divide County High School       32.3
2          Beau Sizer, Sr.             Barnes County North    26.8
3          Nathaniel Packineau, Sr.           Parshall High School     26.2
4          Scott Tweed, Sr.          Fessenden-Bowdon High School          21.7
5          Dale Scherbenske, Jr.   Sheridan County Coyotes         21.3
6          Rudy Young Bird, Jr.    Parshall High School     20.8
7          Mark Bakkum, Sr.       Steele-Dawson High School     20.7
8          Cory Wall, Sr. Lakota High School      20.6
9          R. J. Darling, Sr.           Minnewaukan/Leeds     18.8
10        Jarek Hansen, Jr.          Trinity Christian School             18.6
11        Reid Haagenson, Jr.      Minnewaukan/Leeds     18.6
12        Jamie Mauch, Jr.          Hankinson High School             18.5
13        Jadon Messer, So.        Richardton-Taylor High School             18.0
14        Kris Skadberg, Sr.       Carrington High School             18.0
15        Palmer Henke, Sr.        Flasher High School      18.0
16        Shane Heidel, Sr.          Kenmare High School   17.8
17        Micheal Cooper, Sr.     Westhope/Newburg     17.3
18        Joe Westman, So.        Max High School          16.7
19        Calvin Meyer, Jr.          Flasher High School      16.7
Last edited by point/center on Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfootball06 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:02 am

the grand forks herald had district 4s leaders and i was just gonna throw in moe from park river at 19.8 and klinske from grafton at 23.0...im guessing these teams dont enter all of their stats on the ndhsaa web site
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsgosox » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:37 am

jacob wheeling f/ killdeer is averaging 20+
letsgosox

Postby point/center » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:02 pm

SCC wrote:There's a few teams with no stats on that site yet, but what can you do?

I'm with ya....maybe...just...maybe....if a player X from town Z isnt on the NDHSAA list or any other list, maybe that kid will say , "hey coach, why can't my stats get on the NDHSAA list?" magically that will spurn the coach to say,

"you know what sparky?..you're right. I'm going to start doing that from now on"

and if that happens...the Vikes are in the Super Bowl and that was Paris Hilton that just called my celly
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison_18 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:06 pm

Good point. I think there are probably way more than 8 guys averaging more than 20 pts/game.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:11 pm

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"
I'm with ya....maybe...just...maybe....if a player X from town Z isnt on the NDHSAA list or any other list, maybe that kid will say , "hey coach, why can't my stats get on the NDHSAA list?" magically that will spurn the coach to say,

"you know what sparky?..you're right. I'm going to start doing that from now on"

and if that happens...the Vikes are in the Super Bowl and that was Paris Hilton that just called my celly

Some coaches don't put there team statistics on there because they don't want other teams seeing who there leading scorers are and so forth. If an opposing coach goes onto NDHSAA and sees that so'n so is averaging 23 a game, they are probably gonna figure he is there best scorer. If he sees another guy is averaging 12 rebounds a game and only 6 points, he is probably gonna assume he is a banger that lives off the garbage. There is a lot more behind coaches not sending in there stats then them just being lazy.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:12 pm

i bet you there are some coaches out there who arent aware of ndhsaa where they can put their stats up
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:20 pm

i have to agree with baller01 on this one.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:21 pm

Very true, that could be a possibility. I'm just saying don't think the coaches just are lazy or dumb because they aren't puttin there stats up. If they are aware of it, and know about it, they probably have a reason for not putting them up.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:33 pm

If a coach really thinks that not putting their stats up on NDHSAA is going to make a difference they are kidding themselves. Every coach knows what every other team has that they play. If they dont they make a phone call. If you follow the newspaper you can figure out who the scorers are and by watching warm ups where they all like to shoot from. The stats wont tell you the whole story.

On a side note. The 3pt shooting listed on NDHSAA is PATHETIC!!! No way a player shooting 30% from three should be in the top 10.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:47 pm

If you think coaches are basing their gameplans by what NDHSAA says, I highly doubt that. Like InTheKnow stated, most coaches know darn well who they are playing and who their top players are. New/Younger coaches might not scout as hard as the veteran coaches, so yeah, maybe THEY look on the site, but I dont think so. Only way I can see someone looking on that site is if its a cross-state meeting. And there isnt many of those for one team a year. I know when I was in HS we had 2 pages of scouting reports for each game and some we even had game tapes of. I also had the opportunity to play for one of the best there is, so maybe not everyone goes to that extent. That may be the diff. between good coaches and average coaches, going the extra mile. This turned into a rambling, but I hope I made my point.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:09 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:If you think coaches are basing their gameplans by what NDHSAA says, I highly doubt that. Like InTheKnow stated, most coaches know darn well who they are playing and who their top players are. New/Younger coaches might not scout as hard as the veteran coaches, so yeah, maybe THEY look on the site, but I dont think so. Only way I can see someone looking on that site is if its a cross-state meeting. And there isnt many of those for one team a year. I know when I was in HS we had 2 pages of scouting reports for each game and some we even had game tapes of. I also had the opportunity to play for one of the best there is, so maybe not everyone goes to that extent. That may be the diff. between good coaches and average coaches, going the extra mile. This turned into a rambling, but I hope I made my point.

Who did you play for? I know we never had a scouting report. Game tapes every now and then but nothing written out.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby PA42 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:13 pm

i actually find it interesting how coaches prepare for games. it seems like some coaches worry more about the team their playing than their own.
PA42

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:24 pm

I didn't mean that coaches are only getting the scouting reports on their upcoming games based on NDHSAA, I just meant its a little extra advantage. Of course you can get game tape and a scouting report, but say you meet up with a team from another part of the state that you have only seen game tape on once and have only talked to one coach about. It would be nice to see who there leading scorer is, whos averaging the most assits for them, stuff like that.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:50 pm

As far as the website goes, all coaches DO know about it.  At the rules clinic every year that all coaches must attend, the NDHSAA goes over the website, and schools actually get fined if they do not put the schedule and roster on the website. 

As far as the coaches getting scouting info on the website, a couple of guys already mentioned that every coach should already know who the main players are.  The only scouting that I can see coaches would get out the website is 3point and free throw%.  This way coaches would know who to foul in crunch time.  I think the website is good for the fans, to be able to check their favorite teams stats, but I don't think coaches will get enough of a scouting report to really make a difference.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:06 pm

ndsportsfan98 wrote:As far as the website goes, all coaches DO know about it.  At the rules clinic every year that all coaches must attend, the NDHSAA goes over the website, and schools actually get fined if they do not put the schedule and roster on the website. 

As far as the coaches getting scouting info on the website, a couple of guys already mentioned that every coach should already know who the main players are.  The only scouting that I can see coaches would get out the website is 3point and free throw%.  This way coaches would know who to foul in crunch time.  I think the website is good for the fans, to be able to check their favorite teams stats, but I don't think coaches will get enough of a scouting report to really make a difference.

I agree with you on the point where you say they would get information on who to foul at the end of the games. I am just curious how you find that to not be enough information to make a difference. If I am a coach and I know that whats his face shoots 85% from the line and so and so shoots 65%, and my team is down by 2 with 20 seconds left, I think I know who I am gonna tell my players to foul. Yes, I know, not many coaches probably do this and it is nice to go on and be able to look at players from across the state, but if a coach is going to do whatever he can to help his team win, that would definately be a helper.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDdominator » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:23 am

I just read in the bismarck paper tanner friesen is scoring 21 pts and grabbing 14 rebs.
NDdominator

Postby Claz B Fan » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:08 am

He is tough because hes about 6'3 and has a lot of quickness, I think Shiloh is a team to look out for with all of their quickness and shooting. One thing that I think could hurt this team would be a big man
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:42 pm

baller01 wrote:
ndsportsfan98 wrote:As far as the website goes, all coaches DO know about it.  At the rules clinic every year that all coaches must attend, the NDHSAA goes over the website, and schools actually get fined if they do not put the schedule and roster on the website. 

I agree with you on the point where you say they would get information on who to foul at the end of the games. I am just curious how you find that to not be enough information to make a difference. If I am a coach and I know that whats his face shoots 85% from the line and so and so shoots 65%, and my team is down by 2 with 20 seconds left, I think I know who I am gonna tell my players to foul. Yes, I know, not many coaches probably do this and it is nice to go on and be able to look at players from across the state, but if a coach is going to do whatever he can to help his team win, that would definately be a helper.

If your team is ahead you are going to find a way to get the ball into the hands of your best free throw shooter anyway so they will have to foul him no matter what. Radio guys will usually request a stat sheet anyway so after about the first 5-6 games of the season it is no secret how can or cant shoot three's and who can or can't shoot three pointers. Back when I played there was no NDHSAA.com and every coach knew they didnt want me shooting 3ptrs somehow. If you cant figure out who can and cant do something on the court within about 5 minutes of play and wathing warm ups then you are not going to have much success.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSUbison! » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:56 pm

hey redsox i wonder how much Austin dufault would average if the 6''7 guard would ever think about even coming close to the paint. Watched a game of his....he posted up 1 time and only went in the paint a handful of times. He doesnt even go on the low block for free throws.....He's 6''7!!!!
NDSUbison!

Postby point/center » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:26 am

1          Clint Urvand, Jr.           Divide County High School       25.1
2          Nathaniel Packineau, Sr.           Parshall High School     24.1
3          Beau Sizer, Sr.             Barnes County North    22.8
4          Mark Bakkum, Sr.       Steele-Dawson High School     21.4
5          Adam Kuntz, Sr.          Standing Rock Community Public School          21.0
6          Rudy Young Bird, Jr.    Parshall High School     20.0
7          Cory Wall, Sr. Lakota High School      19.5
8          R. J. Darling, Sr.           Minnewaukan/Leeds     19.3
9          Jamie Mauch, Jr.          Hankinson High School             19.1
10        Dale Scherbenske, Jr.   Sheridan County Coyotes         18.8
11        Reid Haagenson, Jr.      Minnewaukan/Leeds     18.5
12        Bryan Krahler, Sr.        Fessenden-Bowdon High School          18.5
13        Tanner Lorenz, Sr.        Harvey High School      18.4
14        Seth Wisthoff, Jr.          Glenburn High School   18.3
15        Micheal Cooper, Sr.     Westhope/Newburg     18.0
16        Shane Heidel, Sr.          Kenmare High School   18.0
17        Scott Tweed, Sr.          Fessenden-Bowdon High School          18.0