Region tournies streaming or broadcast

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region tournies streaming or broadcast

Postby imjustafan » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:44 pm

All the region tournaments are being broadcast in one fashion or another except Region 1. Boo to us. I had a conversation with Mike from Magnitude Sports Media Network over the weekend. Mike would have been able to cover Region 1, including at least 2 of the first round games had he gotten sponsorship. NDHSAA charges $5000 for exclusive video coverage of a region tournament. Mike was asking sponsors for $6000 to cover this fee and his expenses. He did not get any takers. Now I do not know if he was asking individual sponsors for the 6k in one lump or just for part of it. Regardless, to watch Region 1, you better make the trek to NDSCS in Wahpeton. Even though I am a hop and two skips from there, I have to work and will miss at least two games on Monday for sure (more if life gets in the way :roll: ).

Even though we in region 1 are too late to get the 2020 boys basketball tournament broadcast, if we have a party that is willing to take on the tourney, we need to support them. I find it hard to believe that among the (next fall) twelve school/coop communities that we could not get sponsorship to broadcast VB, GBB and BBB next school year. I am not a marketing pro and Mike says that he is not either, so I'm asking for someone with those talents to step forward and help make this a reality. Thank you.

Don
imjustafan
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Region tournies streaming or broadcast

Postby vikingman » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:41 pm

Region 2 will have a high-quality webcast. If the others are going to be using the NFHS network, I hope they at least connect a radio feed to the video. I think I'd rather listen to a radio broadcast than to watch one of those robotic camera webcasts with no radio.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsphenom » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:41 am

Region 3 and Region 8 will be on Bek streaming.
https://www.bek.coop/bek-tv/watch-now/
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:48 pm

imjustafan wrote:All the region tournaments are being broadcast in one fashion or another except Region 1. Boo to us. I had a conversation with Mike from Magnitude Sports Media Network over the weekend. Mike would have been able to cover Region 1, including at least 2 of the first round games had he gotten sponsorship. NDHSAA charges $5000 for exclusive video coverage of a region tournament. Mike was asking sponsors for $6000 to cover this fee and his expenses. He did not get any takers. Now I do not know if he was asking individual sponsors for the 6k in one lump or just for part of it. Regardless, to watch Region 1, you better make the trek to NDSCS in Wahpeton. Even though I am a hop and two skips from there, I have to work and will miss at least two games on Monday for sure (more if life gets in the way :roll: ).

Even though we in region 1 are too late to get the 2020 boys basketball tournament broadcast, if we have a party that is willing to take on the tourney, we need to support them. I find it hard to believe that among the (next fall) twelve school/coop communities that we could not get sponsorship to broadcast VB, GBB and BBB next school year. I am not a marketing pro and Mike says that he is not either, so I'm asking for someone with those talents to step forward and help make this a reality. Thank you.

Don

So is it $5000.00 for just boys basketball or does that cover all the Regional games for all sports? If it's just for BBB the NDHSAA is ripping off the schools IMO. That would be 625 fans at $8 a head. If the NDHSAA is so worried about collecting this why don't they air the broadcast and charge people to view each game like a pay per view scenario?
Just not cool for people that go South in the winter or don't live here but would like to watch a relative.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby imjustafan » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:06 am

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:So is it $5000.00 for just boys basketball or does that cover all the Regional games for all sports? If it's just for BBB the NDHSAA is ripping off the schools IMO. That would be 625 fans at $8 a head. If the NDHSAA is so worried about collecting this why don't they air the broadcast and charge people to view each game like a pay per view scenario?
Just not cool for people that go South in the winter or don't live here but would like to watch a relative.

$5k for Boys Basketball. I do not know the rates for the other sports, but would assume they are close to that, if not the same.

Don
imjustafan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:18 pm

Region 1 Title Game will be broadcasted by Magnitude Sports Network now
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby backroads » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:38 am

Region 4 is on NFHS as well, there is no commentary but its a pretty good view. FM 103.5 is broadcasting it, so you can listen and watch at the same time.
backroads
NDPreps Rookie

Postby vikingman » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:21 am

who came up with the money to do the Region 1 championship, and how much did it cost?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby imjustafan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:02 am

I was able to attend the game, so didn't see the broadcast, but I know that the cost was $1200. Businesses from Richland and Central Cass split that cost. The plan started when parties (perhaps party) from Kindred committed the $600, and Mike and I started working on the Richland end. The Central Cass team put a wrench in that plan :lol: It all worked out in the end.

Don
imjustafan
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys