Mr. Basketball 07

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:29 am

if kick wins it will be because he is one of the two best players in the state the other being qvale if kick was in class b 35 points a game would not be out of the question

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:38 am

Last time i checked the kid with the highest point per game average doesnt win.....In my opinon it's about making others arround you better.....getting to state...and competing....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:47 am

Ping Pong wrote:Tony ironheart will not win. its going to be kick. i have not seen ironheart but i doubt it. this is the first time he even been mentioned.

go back to the previous 3 pages on the topic and look who the top 3 players in B are....Lorenz, Bakkum, and Ironheart.  IH has been in the discussion from the beginning
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:54 am

The Schwab wrote:Last time i checked the kid with the highest point per game average doesnt win.....In my opinon it's about making others arround you better.....getting to state...and competing....

Ironhart, along with all the class B athletes won't win. Class B never wins. I'm not feeling sorry for class B its just the fact that class B doesn't even get a fair shot at Mr. Basketball. If Luke Lorenz hadn't played in 2 state tournaments, nobody would even talk about him as a Mr. Basketball candiate. The reason is becuase he doesn't put up big numbers, and he isn't flashy. The reason he is even mentioned as a Mr. Basketball finalist is because hes played in a state tournament. If Lorenz never played in those two tournaments, half the people on this site wouldn't even know who he is. In my opinion, in todays voting of Mr. Basketball, a class B athlete will only win Mr. Basketball if: 1)He has played in a state tournament. 2) He plays at a school that is located in a big city. Examples- Shiloh, Dickinson Trinity, Oak Grove, Minot Ryan, schools that are located in big citys that get media attention.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:59 am

Exactly...and that's wrong.....how can an award be considered legitimate if the best player doesnt win.....I have another name to throw into consideration? Beau Sizer of BCN...it's hard to deny what he's doing....27 points 17 boards a game.....pretty impressive
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:59 am

The Schwab wrote:Last time i checked the kid with the highest point per game average doesnt win.....In my opinon it's about making others arround you better.....getting to state...and competing....

kick will get to state possibly win and ya scoring is one of the most important things they look at good luck getting mr basketball if you are not averaging 20+ points

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:03 am

The Schwab wrote:Exactly...and that's wrong.....how can an award be considered legitimate if the best player doesnt win.....I have another name to throw into consideration? Beau Sizer of BCN...it's hard to deny what he's doing....27 points 17 boards a game.....pretty impressive

Schwab I get what you are saying but you have to look at the team he plays for. I mean his stats are extremely high, but BCN is not a very good team and usually on poorer teams there is one player that has to do it all, and that player is Sizer for them. Perfect example would be Tyler Fettig who graduated from HMB last year. He averaged 25 and 14 I believe his senior year, and I think 21 and 12 the year before that. He was never even chosen as 2nd team all-state. The teams he played on were so poor that he was forced to go out every night and score 25+ a night for them to stand a chance.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:04 am

In 2002 Tommy Lykeas (fargo north) won the award...he averaged like 14 points a game....so no you dont have to average 20 plus....Wow...getting to state in class A is like getting to regionals in class B....doesnt impress me
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:09 am

Wow...getting to state in class A is like getting to regionals in class B....doesnt impress me

Which is EXACTLY why North Dakota basketball SHOULDN'T go to a 3 class system. I know this topic has nothing to do with it but you just made a valid point and I had to point it out. Thats what makes class B basketball so great.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:11 am

Exactly....and Class B is so great i'm sick and tired of seeing the great players from class b get hosed on this award
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:14 am

The Schwab wrote:In 2002 Tommy Lykeas (fargo north) won the award...he averaged like 14 points a game....so no you dont have to average 20 plus....Wow...getting to state in class A is like getting to regionals in class B....doesnt impress me

getting to state in class a is pretty hard and in b it doesnt seem like it is tough to go undefeated as beulah who lost their 2 best players dint go to state in a last year but in b they are undefeated so now lets look at a team like dickinson or williston if you put them in b they are gion undefeated through the regular season and meetin in the championship game at state with qvale averaging 30 20 and 10 and kick gettin about 35 and 10 and i mite be wrong but i believe fargo north won state that year

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:16 am

The Schwab wrote:Exactly....and Class B is so great i'm sick and tired of seeing the great players from class b get hosed on this award

Class B never used to get hosed. Like I posted earlier in this forum. Of the first 8 Mr. Basketball winners, 5 were class B. Its been since 1995 that class B has been gettin hosed out of the award. 11 straight for class A....
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndbb » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:16 am

he does not have 17 boards a game does he? (sizer)
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:17 am

WOW....i dont even know how to respond or where to start.....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:18 am

sorry not you...Sizer does average 16.5 boards a game..look it up...ndhsaa.com
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:19 am

baller01 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Exactly....and Class B is so great i'm sick and tired of seeing the great players from class b get hosed on this award

Class B never used to get hosed. Like I posted earlier in this forum. Of the first 8 Mr. Basketball winners, 5 were class B. Its been since 1995 that class B has been gettin hosed out of the award. 11 straight for class A....
you cant even say that because let's say that ironheart or bakkum won this year then qvale and kick would be gettin hosed if qvale won kick ironheart and bakkum are getting hosed there is always gonna be someone who gets hosed because if they are on a bad team sizer for example and put him on a good team maybe he puts up the same numbers then you have the comparison between a and b the comparison between good and bad teams media exposure and then when you get deep into it you have players that should win mr basketball their junior year that get hosed out of the award by not being a senior which is a stupid requirement so someone always gets the short end of the stick

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:20 am

getting to state in class a is pretty hard and in b it doesnt seem like it is tough to go undefeated as beulah who lost their 2 best players dint go to state in a last year but in b they are undefeated so now lets look at a team like dickinson or williston if you put them in b they are gion undefeated through the regular season and meetin in the championship game at state with qvale averaging 30 20 and 10 and kick gettin about 35 and 10 and i mite be wrong but i believe fargo north won state that year

Cdub cmon now. Think about what you just said. If getting to a state tournament in class A is hard then why are the same 8 teams there ever year. There are only 18 TOTAL teams in class A. 9 in the WDA and 9 in the EDA. Some DISTRICTS in class B have 9 teams. In class B, 118 teams DON'T make the state tournament. In class A, 11 teams don't make the the dance. It seems a little eaiser to make a class A tourney then class B.
Last edited by baller01 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:21 am

So your going to say that if Luke Lorenz...a first team all state player, state tournament M.V.P as a junior winning the award for Mr. Bball would be making the others get hosed...give me a break....and he wouldnt be the first great player from MPCG to get absolulty hosed on the award...if you want i can give examples?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:22 am

i have not played in class b so i dont know how hard it is to make state there that is true but you guys dont play class a and see some of the really good teams that dont make state devil's lake for example it mite be HARDER in b but it is still hard to make state in class a

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:23 am

The Schwab wrote:So your going to say that if Luke Lorenz...a first team all state player, state tournament M.V.P as a junior winning the award for Mr. Bball would be making the others get hosed...give me a break....and he wouldnt be the first great player from MPCG to get absolulty hosed on the award...if you want i can give examples?

yea i do think that the others would get hosed but if lorenz were to win qvale and kick get hosed if either of them win the b people get hosed someone always gets hosed and sure give me examples

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:24 am

The Schwab wrote:So your going to say that if Luke Lorenz...a first team all state player, state tournament M.V.P as a junior winning the award for Mr. Bball would be making the others get hosed...give me a break....and he wouldnt be the first great player from MPCG to get absolulty hosed on the award...if you want i can give examples?

I'll do it for ya Schwab. Craig Nelson. Ran point for one of the best teams in class B history. Hardly EVER made a mistake on the court. Could shoot lights out. Terrific passer. And did I mention his team won 50 straight games? IMO the best "point guard" to ever come out of ND. I'm gonna classify Boschee as a shooting guard.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:24 am

cdub1 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:In 2002 Tommy Lykeas (fargo north) won the award...he averaged like 14 points a game....so no you dont have to average 20 plus....Wow...getting to state in class A is like getting to regionals in class B....doesnt impress me

State A isnt hard......take 4th in the WDA tourney your in state.  for Class B you have to WIN the tournament to get there.  in Class A teams can jsut play theyre bench in the WDA and EDC championship games because they are alreayd in state....where as in ClassB thats where a team need to play its best, so to say makin state in Class A is just as hard as it is in B is just crazy and stupid.  people can complain all they want about teams always being in state b but that is only the case for maybe 1-2 teams a year....the only 6 teams seem to be different every year
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:25 am

baseball wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

State A isnt hard......take 4th in the WDA tourney your in state.  for Class B you have to WIN the tournament to get there.  in Class A teams can jsut play theyre bench in the WDA and EDC championship games because they are alreayd in state....where as in ClassB thats where a team need to play its best, so to say makin state in Class A is just as hard as it is in B is just crazy and stupid.  people can complain all they want about teams always being in state b but that is only the case for maybe 1-2 teams a year....the only 6 teams seem to be different every year

baseball do you play in class a? and does your team make state if you do?

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:25 am

baller01 wrote:

I'll do it for ya Schwab. Craig Nelson. Ran point for one of the best teams in class B history. Hardly EVER made a mistake on the court. Could shoot lights out. Terrific passer. And did I mention his team won 50 straight games? IMO the best "point guard" to ever come out of ND. I'm gonna classify Boschee as a shooting guard.
wut year did nelson play?

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:25 am

That's my point exactly..Devils Lake was the best team in class A last year and lost two games.....and didnt make it....and that ment that a team below average got in.....I can only think of 2 instances where teams from class B have had a losing record....Berthold in 2002 or 2003 when they had all of those players kicked out for 6 weeks..came back and made it...they were a really good team...the were under .500...and central cass 2 years ago was at .500 and came out of Region 1...after Maple Valley was upset.....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys