The "other" regions...(not 1 or 2)

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: The "other" regions...(not 1 or 2)

Postby Flip » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:11 pm

Region 3 is playing a 3rd place game?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby RockNRoll » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:20 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
tigertown35 wrote:
Region 4 I see Four Winds coming out especially if they can shoot like they did against Langdon consistently. Teams like Dunseith and St. John can get hot from deep and possibly give Four winds a run in regionals but if Four Winds plays like they can, I think they come out of 4 unscathed.

I don't see any team in Region 4 giving FWM a run during tournament time. NRS gave them a pretty good game, but they have also struggled with much weaker teams. I haven't seen Dunseith play, though. St. John cannot match up with FWM and we saw that LEM can't either.

RockNRoll
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:25 pm

Flip wrote:Region 3 is playing a 3rd place game?

The last I heard that decision wasn't finalized yet but I would be very surprised if they do. Fingers crossed that they will, but not holding my breath.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:29 pm

scc wrote:No 3rd place games in Class B regionals this year.

Thanks for clarifying.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:10 pm

Pretty big upset from Region 7 last night as Mott-Regent beat Dickinson Trinity in OT
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsphenom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:27 am

This may be an unpopular opinion but this should've been done a long time ago but its all about revenue, game means absolutely nothing and most of the time you can tell the kids just don't want to play it.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:14 pm

sportsphenom wrote:

This may be an unpopular opinion but this should've been done a long time ago but its all about revenue, game means absolutely nothing and most of the time you can tell the kids just don't want to play it.

Totally disagree. If you have kids that dont want to play dont them play seniors that havent got alot of mins or give it to younger guys to gain experience. Plus its a nice warmup for the champ game, I am hoping it is back next year. I assume it will be.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby senditin » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:21 pm

packers21 wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:

I hate the 3rd place game. Hope it's gone for good.

Totally disagree. If you have kids that dont want to play dont them play seniors that havent got alot of mins or give it to younger guys to gain experience. Plus its a nice warmup for the champ game, I am hoping it is back next year. I assume it will be.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby stir the pot » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:52 pm

What is the deal with New Town ? ND scores have them for seven games. The White Shield vs New Town game last week was PPD.
stir the pot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sorenson23 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:58 am

Who would get the 1,2, & 3 spots in District 10, considering district play is up.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby justplayalready » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:03 am

In R6 , with Velva beating OR last night, it looks like there are 6 teams that could win it, with no guarantee that the 6 teams(other than the bye teams that only need one district win) get out of districts.

No clue who would be a favorite, as these will be all match-up dependent.
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:39 pm

I saw the video of the 4-pt play by Beulah to send it in to overtime. It didn't look like much of a foul to me, but why would you even contest a shot at all in that situation?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:56 pm

vikingman wrote:I saw the video of the 4-pt play by Beulah to send it in to overtime. It didn't look like much of a foul to me, but why would you even contest a shot at all in that situation?

I don't know why the kids from Minot Ryan would have done anything other than just stand there. 8.6 seconds when the FT was shot for Minot Ryan. Beulah had zero timeouts left, so there was no way possible for Beulah to get the ball down the floor and through the net in 3.6 seconds to force Minot Ryan to have to inbound the ball before the clock ran out
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:20 pm

The Schwab wrote:
vikingman wrote:I saw the video of the 4-pt play by Beulah to send it in to overtime. It didn't look like much of a foul to me, but why would you even contest a shot at all in that situation?

I don't know why the kids from Minot Ryan would have done anything other than just stand there. 8.6 seconds when the FT was shot for Minot Ryan. Beulah had zero timeouts left, so there was no way possible for Beulah to get the ball down the floor and through the net in 3.6 seconds to force Minot Ryan to have to inbound the ball before the clock ran out

You can hear someone yell don’t foul! Such bad basketball IQ
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:56 am

The Schwab wrote:

If you're Ryan you still call TO on a made shot.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby B Historian » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:10 am

packers21 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

You can hear someone yell don’t foul! Such bad basketball IQ

I can't believe this happens as often as it does. In the modern game it's almost like players are programmed to be hyper aggressive in all circumstances with no regard for situational awareness.
B Historian
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:10 am

Flip wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

If you're Ryan you still call TO on a made shot.

Probably could have called one before the FT
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys