region 1

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: region 1

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:36 am

3on3 wrote:You would think the ones who got on the all region team would at least show up and receive their award(s)? Maybe not??

I've seen instances where people haven't shown up that night because of sickness; I wouldn't want a sick athlete to show up. I am sure they have received their award anyways for whatever reason they couldn't make the trip.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:47 am

3on3 wrote:You would think the ones who got on the all region team would at least show up and receive their award(s)? Maybe not??

The team isn't announced until that night so it is possible he didn't know. Coaches aren't supposed to tell anyone, but I'm sure some tell their athletes.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoophoophoop » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:35 pm

I was more concerned how a team wouldn't show up and take it in the region experience knowing your young and talented and probably favored the next two years, not all-region team.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:50 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:I was more concerned how a team wouldn't show up and take it in the region experience knowing your young and talented and probably favored the next two years, not all-region team.

Going guess that with all that is going on in the world (pandemic)...a few decisions were made. Some are taking this extremely serious, some are not; not sure if that’s what the reason was but we shouldn’t be critical to other people’s choices. Conflicts come up but I know other teams and their players weren’t fully there.

I didn’t make the trip on Thursday because of the growing concern...I’m being proactive and making less travel choices, that’s my effort; I know others are doing the same.

Also they could have watched the Title game online (like I did); nope you may not be there but it was available to watch and support.

When did this one school and their players become so ‘hated’ that they have to come up in every conversation as something negative??
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby packers21 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:26 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:I was more concerned how a team wouldn't show up and take it in the region experience knowing your young and talented and probably favored the next two years, not all-region team.

Going guess that with all that is going on in the world (pandemic)...a few decisions were made. Some are taking this extremely serious, some are not; not sure if that’s what the reason was but we shouldn’t be critical to other people’s choices. Conflicts come up but I know other teams and their players weren’t fully there.

I didn’t make the trip on Thursday because of the growing concern...I’m being proactive and making less travel choices, that’s my effort; I know others are doing the same.

Also they could have watched the Title game online (like I did); nope you may not be there but it was available to watch and support.

When did this one school and their players become so ‘hated’ that they have to come up in every conversation as something negative??

Not sure, I’m actually a fan of them. Richland was lucky they didn’t suffer the same fate as them in the first round. I don’t think them being there at all helps, plays yes, watching no.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BelfieldBantams » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:04 am

hoophoophoop wrote:Congrats to the Richland boys,great tourney. You would think if your going to be the favored the next two years in Region 1 you think you take your kids there to take in the experience, thats right they don't need to because they are invincible!!

Rumor was that they had players that were sick. No idea if that's true or not, but I heard that from multiple people.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys