region 1

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

region 1

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:13 pm

Lenny where are you, hows the twin towers fairing this year
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: region 1

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:32 pm

I will go with in region 1

1. Richland
2. Central Cass
3. Kindred
4. Enderlin
5. Oak Grove
6. Northern Cass
7. Tri-State
8. Milnor/Gwinner
9. Lisbon
10.W-L
11. Maple Valley
12. Hankinson
13. SC
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:44 pm

1 Kindred
2 Enderlin
3 Richland
4 Central Cass
5 Tri State
6 Oak Grove
7 WL
8 Milnor/Gwinner
9 Lisbon
10 Northern Cass
11 Hankinson
12 MV
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:14 pm

maddog1971 wrote:1 Kindred
2 Enderlin
3 Richland
4 Central Cass
5 Tri State
6 Oak Grove
7 WL
8 Milnor/Gwinner
9 Lisbon
10 Northern Cass
11 Hankinson
12 MV

You watch much R1?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:21 pm

1. Richland
2. Enderlin
3. Kindred
4. Central Cass
5. Oak Grove
6. Northern Cass (several injuries but still have a good program and will be top half)
7. Lisbon
8. Tri-State
9. Milnor-North Sargent
10. Hankinson
11. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
12. Maple Valley
13. Sargent Central
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:31 pm

packers21 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:1 Kindred
2 Enderlin
3 Richland
4 Central Cass
5 Tri State
6 Oak Grove
7 WL
8 Milnor/Gwinner
9 Lisbon
10 Northern Cass
11 Hankinson
12 MV

You watch much R1?

Yep.... I watched about 10 summer games and yep.... this is how it is going to be.... by the way if anybody actually gets this right before preseason I would be really surprised. :shock:
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:37 pm

I thinkin region 1, there are to many athletes, Height and kids that talent has caught up to Richland. They are really good but I really think any of the 4 top teams in the region have a chance.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoophoophoop » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Richland has a 6'5 kid, best player is 6'3 and a 6'6 kid coming off the bench, and if your going off the summer league Enderlin was in the bottom division, confused a little. I will be the first to admit Richland isn't a slam dunk for Region 1.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:45 pm

maddog1971 wrote:I thinkin region 1, there are to many athletes, Height and kids that talent has caught up to Richland. They are really good but I really think any of the 4 top teams in the region have a chance.

The first four you have might be how it turns out. I was more confused about the picks after that.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:01 pm

I don't know the 6'6 kid coming off the bench.... Cole is 6'3?? I did not realize he was that tall... i was guessing about a legit 6'1....
By the way I am guessing..... And if Eagles ever get the Twins to play like twin towers 5 feet from the basket... they will be hard to stop... but as long as they are dribbling around and shooting 3 pointers........ they will get beat.
The colts can not take an injury.. they basically have the 4 seniors....Granted they are all really good. Just excited to watch some basketball...
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby lennylive » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:49 am

hoophoophoop wrote:Lenny where are you, hows the twin towers fairing this year

Havent been in the loop to much over the summer...
1 of the players worked for me this summer on and off..but at that time they hadn't played much summer league..I haven't spoke to him since

my son( who is 21) and a grad of E-town played a few times with some of the Squad during the summer on open gym night..he was impressed with the Twins and a few others...(he graduated with their brother Graham)

Bartholomay has grown over the summer..and he will be another player to have to stop...
Hopefully they all worked on their game over the summer (Im sure Coach K made sure of that)..
My Early prediction is that Enderlin will be right in the thick of the top 3.
They play a Region 2 contender in Hatton/Northwood almost right off the bat to begin the season..I am hoping to go to that...that will give me more of an opinion on how they can perform as "A Team"...
but every team will be a different challenge
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:39 am

any word on central cass game, look like they got beat pretty bad
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:59 am

I only listened on the radio, but it sounded like CC got manhandled inside.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:17 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:any word on central cass game, look like they got beat pretty bad

CC couldnt stop the inside game of Thompson and they didnt shoot they way they usually do. They game was about 10 points throughout. Thompson played a zone that CC struggled with. I was impressed with Thompson they dont have a bench but they will be tough.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lennylive » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:50 pm

Not much chatter on here...
not comparing apples to oranges..as I know every team has bad and good nights..

BUT.. 1st game of season..Enderlin beats H/N.and looked very nervous the 1st half.. at 1 point down by 10
pulled within 5 by half..2nd half a whole different team... got up by 10 over H/N and won by 3(was 6.. they hit a 3 as the buzzer sounded)

So.. that being said... HCV beats Richland...I watched that 1 on TV... HCV pretty much owned them.. Colts tied it late in the 3rd I believe..but they could not keep pace with HCV press ..shooting...speed

So then H/N knocks off HCV on their own court...

Yeah Yeah yeah...I understand SOS...and Enderlin hasn't had a true test since H/N..and are a young team that keeps improving.
At the beginning everyone was saying Richland to win the Region... is that still what they are saying now?
HCV is still #2...Eagles #5...Richland #7....
like I said any team can have bad nights...or stellar nights...and some teams match up well against others.

Polls are Polls... just a #...there will always be upsets....in the end... the only # that matters is..if ya win the state B...for the rest..it will be a long wait till next season.
The rest of the Season is gonna be fun to watch unfold.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoophoophoop » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:42 am

We are just getting started with region games, not a whole alot changes IMO, but they will, it is wide open for four teams for sure and maybe five with Oak Grove, I would give the nod to Kindred right now, but probably will change. As for Richland, they have started out slow, don't know the reason for that, rely on 3 guys to carry you every night is hard to do, but thats what small schools have to deal with. As for the HCV game, Richland came out nervous in my IMO and fell down by 14 right away, got it tied up in second 1/4 and one of Richland guards collided knees and was out the rest of game. Still was tied late in the 3rd but HCV made a thousand free throws and ended up looking worse than it was. Have friends down in Hankinson said they hung with Enderlin until fourth 1/4.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lennylive » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:07 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:We are just getting started with region games, not a whole alot changes IMO, but they will, it is wide open for four teams for sure and maybe five with Oak Grove, I would give the nod to Kindred right now, but probably will change. As for Richland, they have started out slow, don't know the reason for that, rely on 3 guys to carry you every night is hard to do, but thats what small schools have to deal with. As for the HCV game, Richland came out nervous in my IMO and fell down by 14 right away, got it tied up in second 1/4 and one of Richland guards collided knees and was out the rest of game. Still was tied late in the 3rd but HCV made a thousand free throws and ended up looking worse than it was. Have friends down in Hankinson said they hung with Enderlin until fourth 1/4.

Never made it to the Hankinson Game..but I was told by a few parents that the refs were calling every bump and touch..2 Eagles fouled out.. 1 other was in foul trouble…Also Enderlin had somewhere around 24 Turnovers... that being said...they still won by 18..
From my perspective... They have not yet played anyone Tough other than H/N... Do they Deserve to be 5th in State?.. Meh.. maybe...but someone must be thinking so. "numbers are just numbers...I will say.. they are constantly improving..and as a young team they are working pretty good as "A Team".
I agree Kindred is probably the team to beat right now..and yes Richland looked nervous in the HCV game..but HCV dominated them in the end of the 3rd and all of the 4th.
Eagles play in the BCT this week... from the looks of the schedules of the teams entering it..there wont be much competition...but like I said before..at anytime..any team can have a Bad game. It all depends on the matchup and who come to play.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:45 am

Like I said Richland guard went down in the 2nd 1/4, if that happens to Henningsguard its a different story, assuming Eagles cant afford losing one of there top players, we are not like the big schools and role out another kid off the bench.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:32 am

hoophoophoop wrote:We are just getting started with region games, not a whole alot changes IMO, but they will, it is wide open for four teams for sure and maybe five with Oak Grove, I would give the nod to Kindred right now, but probably will change. As for Richland, they have started out slow, don't know the reason for that, rely on 3 guys to carry you every night is hard to do, but thats what small schools have to deal with. As for the HCV game, Richland came out nervous in my IMO and fell down by 14 right away, got it tied up in second 1/4 and one of Richland guards collided knees and was out the rest of game. Still was tied late in the 3rd but HCV made a thousand free throws and ended up looking worse than it was. Have friends down in Hankinson said they hung with Enderlin until fourth 1/4.

Most schools would love to have 3 guys that can score like Richland has big or small, that sort of talent is rare.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:33 am

NC over Enderlin is a Big Deal....
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:46 am

winner-within wrote:NC over Enderlin is a Big Deal....

Not a big upset though as Northern Cass is a good squad now that they are all healthy; Region 1 has Six quality teams at the top of the region (Kindred, Central Cass, Enderlin, Oak Grove, Richland, Northern Cass)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:35 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Not a big upset though as Northern Cass is a good squad now that they are all healthy; Region 1 has Six quality teams at the top of the region (Kindred, Central Cass, Enderlin, Oak Grove, Richland, Northern Cass)

agreed, Friend of mine has a Grandson on NC and I had told him they would have a chance in Enderlin...Great Coach too!

Like R2
Thomp, HN, HCV, Cavalier, North Border, M-M coming on also
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ball4Him » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:25 pm

winner-within wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

agreed, Friend of mine has a Grandson on NC and I had told him they would have a chance in Enderlin...Great Coach too!

Like R2
Thomp, HN, HCV, Cavalier, North Border, M-M coming on also

The 3-8 Mustangs are in the running for R2?
Ball4Him
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:42 pm

Good for NC with the win. They are very physical. But the coaching as great??? I am not going to get into that but I will say Good Coaches will not start a verbal confrontation with a fan from the opposing team during the game. Region 1 is very competitive. So many dunks going on. Never have I seen so many at the B level from Multiply teams and Multiply players.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby leroybla » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:02 pm

Richland 60, Central Cass 59 in Casselton.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys