2019-2020 predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:20 am

I love these. The summer brings alot out of kids.... camps, age, growing, puberty and confidence. Coaching changes (or coaching game plans)is another big one.
I am a region 1 guy and yes.. Richland is the favorite but I honestly think 6 teams have a chance.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby scout_101 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:04 pm

Fw/m ALMOST got a transfer for next season that would of put them over the top for sure. He been traveling with Team Woodlake during the spring and some of the summer....……
…………. still might happen.... who knows...…
scout_101
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby packers21 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:47 pm

scout_101 wrote:Fw/m ALMOST got a transfer for next season that would of put them over the top for sure. He been traveling with Team Woodlake during the spring and some of the summer....……
…………. still might happen.... who knows...…


Wow that’s amazing ! Hope they get him, they haven’t had much success lately !!
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:57 am

like i said before, no big deal if they get a transfer, but boy when oak grove and shiloh do its the end of basketball
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby bandito380 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:00 pm

Be interesting to see who shilo does bring in though. i have heard of one transfer from New Town, not sure if true or not. Rumor has 2-3 others from outside bismarck also . they will be tough if the rumored ones are real. i've given up on NDHSAA ever caring about it or FWM bringing them in, never going to change so we mite as well enjoy the games!
bandito380
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:19 pm

bandito380 wrote:Be interesting to see who shilo does bring in though. i have heard of one transfer from New Town, not sure if true or not. Rumor has 2-3 others from outside bismarck also . they will be tough if the rumored ones are real. i've given up on NDHSAA ever caring about it or FWM bringing them in, never going to change so we mite as well enjoy the games!


NDHSAA rule is they have to change residency if coming from out of town to in town and in Shiloh’s case the family has to move to Bismarck and if in town they have to sit out a year unless they change schools as a freshman (or younger)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 15362
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby Flip » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:30 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Vikings2009 wrote:What does boys hoopster have for the top ten rankings poll in state?


1. Four Winds-Minnewaukan
2. Rugby
3. Hillsboro-Central Valley
4. Richland
5. Shiloh Christian
6. Dickinson Trinity
7. Thompson
8. Ray
9. Beulah
10. Linton-HMB

thoughts on the hoopster top 10?
based on what I had heard and/or read I thought HCV would be #1
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:50 am

There is nothing in the top 10 that shocked or surprised me. There are a lot of familiar names there: teams that are coming off state tournament runs, teams that return most of their players, or teams that have had historic success. Teams that meet those descriptions tend to be the ones that fair well in pre-season polls. People go with what they know and what is familiar to them. It is easier and safer to project those teams doing well because they have done it before. The one team I think will not live up to the top 10 rankings is Thompson. They lost important players, they play in a tough region, and already have some injury concerns before the first game. I understand why the returned state champ is up there but would be shocked if it played out that way. Should be a great season, I actually think the field is fairly open and we will see at least a couple teams from each region clawing towards a state tournament run.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby scc » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:40 am

Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Vikings2009 wrote:What does boys hoopster have for the top ten rankings poll in state?


1. Four Winds-Minnewaukan
2. Rugby
3. Hillsboro-Central Valley
4. Richland
5. Shiloh Christian
6. Dickinson Trinity
7. Thompson
8. Ray
9. Beulah
10. Linton-HMB

thoughts on the hoopster top 10?
based on what I had heard and/or read I thought HCV would be #1

I thought Hatton-Northwood should have cracked the top 10.
scc
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2806
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:52 am
Location: East

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby The Schwab » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:41 am

Out west, I would say that Beulah will have the advantage over Dickinson Trinity. One of Glen Ullin/Hebron's best returning players transferred to Beulah. I would say that addition will probably put them as the favorite in Region 7
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3766
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:51 pm

scc wrote:
Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Vikings2009 wrote:What does boys hoopster have for the top ten rankings poll in state?


1. Four Winds-Minnewaukan
2. Rugby
3. Hillsboro-Central Valley
4. Richland
5. Shiloh Christian
6. Dickinson Trinity
7. Thompson
8. Ray
9. Beulah
10. Linton-HMB

thoughts on the hoopster top 10?
based on what I had heard and/or read I thought HCV would be #1

I thought Hatton-Northwood should have cracked the top 10.


I agree I would have put Hatton in the top 10 (ahead of Thompson but like I said, Thompson gets the "we won it last year" bump)
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:01 pm

HVC and Richland play Dec. 27th, that should be a fun one
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:17 pm

Richland is really 4 players.....Granted... they all can play... they just don't have the size and with Region 1 having 6'10, 6'9, 6'8, 6'8, and quite a few 6'5 kids with a whole bunch of 6'3 and 6'4 kids.... Just wondering if the length and speed of others in that region will catch up to Richland.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:08 pm

Richland has 6'5 and 6'6, 6'5 is alot better athlete and can shoot from outside, inside game not very strong
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby PMPT » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:09 pm

scc wrote:
Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Vikings2009 wrote:What does boys hoopster have for the top ten rankings poll in state?


1. Four Winds-Minnewaukan
2. Rugby
3. Hillsboro-Central Valley
4. Richland
5. Shiloh Christian
6. Dickinson Trinity
7. Thompson
8. Ray
9. Beulah
10. Linton-HMB

thoughts on the hoopster top 10?
based on what I had heard and/or read I thought HCV would be #1

I thought Hatton-Northwood should have cracked the top 10.


Agreed, Hatton-Northwood should not be overlooked by anyone this year.
PMPT
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby scout_101 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:13 pm

I seen Fw/m schedule and they play 6 teams from the hoopsters top 10 list. They have Hatton Northwood on thier schedule also.
scout_101
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby packers21 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:18 pm

scout_101 wrote:I seen Fw/m schedule and they play 6 teams from the hoopsters top 10 list. They have Hatton Northwood on thier schedule also.


This is nothing new.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:53 pm

packers21 wrote:
scout_101 wrote:I seen Fw/m schedule and they play 6 teams from the hoopsters top 10 list. They have Hatton Northwood on thier schedule also.


This is nothing new.


More teams from across the state are in that same position now as well...some play top teams from SD, MN & other states as well
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 15362
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby justplayalready » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:21 pm

Not much choice to do otherwise when in some regions the top team will have 100% of their district opponents in running time and probably 75% of their region opponents...

What is the realistic likely hood that prior to the first game you could pick 16 teams and get at least 5 of the 8 that will be in the B??? Fairly likely to highly???
User avatar
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:05 am

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby packers21 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:38 am

justplayalready wrote:Not much choice to do otherwise when in some regions the top team will have 100% of their district opponents in running time and probably 75% of their region opponents...

What is the realistic likely hood that prior to the first game you could pick 16 teams and get at least 5 of the 8 that will be in the B??? Fairly likely to highly???


In what year if you had 16 picks, couldn't you get 5 right?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby justplayalready » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:58 pm

packers21 wrote:
justplayalready wrote:Not much choice to do otherwise when in some regions the top team will have 100% of their district opponents in running time and probably 75% of their region opponents...

What is the realistic likely hood that prior to the first game you could pick 16 teams and get at least 5 of the 8 that will be in the B??? Fairly likely to highly???


In what year if you had 16 picks, couldn't you get 5 right?


Yeah putting it that way....lol

2009??
North Star?
Dakota Prairie?
North Sgt.?
TLM?

13??
Milnor
Rugby??
Trenton????
??????? cavalier or Lamoure???
User avatar
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:05 am

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby packers21 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:10 pm

justplayalready wrote:
packers21 wrote:
justplayalready wrote:Not much choice to do otherwise when in some regions the top team will have 100% of their district opponents in running time and probably 75% of their region opponents...

What is the realistic likely hood that prior to the first game you could pick 16 teams and get at least 5 of the 8 that will be in the B??? Fairly likely to highly???


In what year if you had 16 picks, couldn't you get 5 right?


Yeah putting it that way....lol

2009??
North Star?
Dakota Prairie?
North Sgt.?
TLM?

13??
Milnor
Rugby??
Trenton????
??????? cavalier or Lamoure???



I would have to look back in my hoopsters to get a better idea honestly. I do think that most of us with 16 picks would get atleast 5 right (and woulda been able to the 20 years atleast). IDK maybe we should try it
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby justplayalready » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:10 pm

did a bit of a deep dive...Thanks Run

Last 5 years these are the teams in the B that were not mentioned in 1st Poll
19- Ellendale
18 W /L
17 - TLMM
16- Grafton, Kenmare
15 - Parshall
User avatar
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:05 am

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby Flip » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:46 pm

justplayalready wrote:did a bit of a deep dive...Thanks Run

Last 5 years these are the teams in the B that were not mentioned in 1st Poll
19- Ellendale
18 W /L
17 - TLMM
16- Grafton, Kenmare
15 - Parshall

seems crazy to me. What was HCV in the 1st poll in 17-18? I thought they were 20 in the hoopster that year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:17 pm

Flip wrote:
justplayalready wrote:did a bit of a deep dive...Thanks Run

Last 5 years these are the teams in the B that were not mentioned in 1st Poll
19- Ellendale
18 W /L
17 - TLMM
16- Grafton, Kenmare
15 - Parshall

seems crazy to me. What was HCV in the 1st poll in 17-18? I thought they were 20 in the hoopster that year.


Per KMAV...Hillsboro-Central Valley was #10 in that first poll (1-0 with a 1st place vote after beating Kindred 68-31); Per 2017-2018 Hoopster - Hillsboro-CV started out at 22
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 15362
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

PreviousNext

Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests