Region 2 - 2019-2020

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 2 - 2019-2020

Postby Flip » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:48 pm

anyone see Hatton-Northwood and Enderlin?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:34 pm

Flip wrote:anyone see Hatton-Northwood and Enderlin?

I was at the game. Hatton-Northwood started the game off by probably a 10-12 point lead and Enderlin seemed to have the first game jitters. As time went on Enderlin picked away at the lead and pulled ahead in the second half. Enderlin's height was a tough matchup for H-N. Turned out to be a very competitive second half of basketball to watch
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packers21 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:28 pm

Flip wrote:anyone see Hatton-Northwood and Enderlin?

I was there
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:33 pm

packers21 wrote:I was there

cool
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:27 pm

North Border beat Grafton last night. How long ago was the last time that happened?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:58 pm

been a while, NB is pretty balanced this year and they have a little depth, Grafton lost a lot of force losing Mechum, Albright and Feltman
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:21 am

Hatton-Northwood 47, Cavalier 42

Good game in Northwood last night
thats twice now Cavalier has led a ranked team at half, and played a long with them

No Box scores in "GF Herald Local Scoreboard"? Hmmm seems odd
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:40 am

how did Griggs county beat cavalier earlier?
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PMPT » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:45 am

hoophoophoop wrote:how did Griggs county beat cavalier earlier?

How did Cavalier beat HCV?

On another note, Thompson beat North Border yesterday by 34 points. Perhaps all the buzz about North Border was a bit premature??
PMPT
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:11 pm

Jeez, just a question
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:54 pm

Re: 2019-2020 CLASS B BBB POLL
Post by winner-within » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:37 pm

I really don't see typical, my suspicion, is the Season won't be either
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:44 pm

PMPT wrote:

On another note, Thompson beat North Border yesterday by 34 points. Perhaps all the buzz about North Border was a bit premature??

The fact that it was in Cavalier is a real factor in the outcome. They are a totally different team at home. Tough place to play for visitors. I think that the way the North Border story was framed is the issue. They are going to have a very successful season compared to the last few, I just think that maybe that should have been the focus and not had stories written that put undo expectations on them. Overall I still believe they are a very good team and that they will end up finishing in the top 4 in the region. I don't think one loss makes it all "premature."
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:37 am

R2 is closer than I thought it would be at the onset of the season, I think 4/5 teams have a shot to win it if they play their best (3 in a row) in March. I didn't think that at the beginning of the season and I was wrong. I do believe HCV is still the team to beat but the gap has definitely narrowed, will be an intense post season might have interesting qtr final matchups depending on seeding.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:10 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:
PMPT wrote:

The fact that it was in Cavalier is a real factor in the outcome. They are a totally different team at home. Tough place to play for visitors. I think that the way the North Border story was framed is the issue. They are going to have a very successful season compared to the last few, I just think that maybe that should have been the focus and not had stories written that put undo expectations on them. Overall I still believe they are a very good team and that they will end up finishing in the top 4 in the region. I don't think one loss makes it all "premature."

Cavalier lost to Griggs County in Cavalier, there is Zero advantage playing this years team in Cavalier,
I will say that the night they played HCV, the crowd was cheering better than they have in YEARS...but part of that was a lot of them were at the H-N game 2 night before in Northwood and Cavalier should have won that one too.....North Border and the article? well deserved
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:35 pm

winner-within wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:
PMPT wrote:

Cavalier lost to Griggs County in Cavalier, there is Zero advantage playing this years team in Cavalier,
I will say that the night they played HCV, the crowd was cheering better than they have in YEARS...but part of that was a lot of them were at the H-N game 2 night before in Northwood and Cavalier should have won that one too.....North Border and the article? well deserved

Zero advantage playing at home....Hhhmm......
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:01 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
winner-within wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:
PMPT wrote:

were you thinking that was the "W" reason also?
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:51 pm

winner-within wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
winner-within wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:
PMPT wrote:

were you thinking that was the "W" reason also?

No idea why Cavalier won, I wasn’t there- why don’t you tell us? My comment is home crt advantage always means something....the place you practice, your house, grew up playing, your crowd....
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:12 pm

Cavalier has one gym for multiple activities, There is zero go shoot around in it, they have an old Armory that in the late has become more available, but if you arc to high the ball hits the ceiling or a light fixture....
now when I played the Districts were in Cavalier and the 2nd leading scorer of all time in the State was playing and he was the Superintendents Son, and lived in it...thats an advantage :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:43 pm

winner-within wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:
PMPT wrote:

This is just crazy to me. I have never heard another person in the region whom I have had a conversation with say Cavalier has no home court advantage. I never said it was the reason they won but simply it contributed. I guarantee it. Crazy to me you would argue there is no advantage at all to being at home, especially for Cavalier. I respectfully disagree.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:21 pm

winner-within wrote:Cavalier has one gym for multiple activities, There is zero go shoot around in it, they have an old Armory that in the late has become more available, but if you arc to high the ball hits the ceiling or a light fixture....
now when I played the Districts were in Cavalier and the 2nd leading scorer of all time in the State was playing and he was the Superintendents Son, and lived in it...thats an advantage :wink:

Lord
They practice there. The kids on the team have played there since they entered school. Have summer open gyms there. Had their fans there. Hillsboro has a 2 hr bus ride. That’s the definition of home crt advantage.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:28 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:
winner-within wrote:Cavalier has one gym for multiple activities, There is zero go shoot around in it, they have an old Armory that in the late has become more available, but if you arc to high the ball hits the ceiling or a light fixture....

Lord
They practice there. The kids on the team have played there since they entered school. Have summer open gyms there. Had their fans there. Hillsboro has a 2 hr bus ride. That’s the definition of home crt advantage.

Lordy be
well you and defensewinsgames talk it over some more, I don't believe its the reason, you guys brought it up

side note: 2 seasons ago HCV won by 30 plus in Cavalier (same 2 hour drive)
last season Cavalier was up 15 and faltered in foul trouble, in central valley gym
Players from both teams throughout the years have played in Hundreds of gyms with AAU, ECI, Grandams etc etc
believe me...they don't care where the game is.. :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:34 am

Home court advantage has been scientifically proven. Depending on the sport, it can be a psychological, physical or geographical advantage. The reason for wanting to have the best record in many sports is so you get home field advantage in playoffs. Really can't understand why anybody would want to argue it. Of course, one can always find an exception to the rule but that doesn't disprove the fact it's real. 2 cents.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:41 am

OH! its gang up time....that is a lot of wordage for 2 cents

am I supposed to admit something now :roll:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:47 am

In my best Maverick voice, "My grandpappy use to say, sometimes it's easier to admit you're wrong rather than digging a deeper hole you can't get out of." 1 cent.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:07 pm

classB4ever wrote:In my best Maverick voice, "My grandpappy use to say, sometimes it's easier to admit you're wrong rather than digging a deeper hole you can't get out of." 1 cent.

In my best The Fonz voice "I was Wrah, I was Wrah........Ayy! with the thumb up 8) :D
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys