Regional points standings

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Regional points standings

Postby Slo-Motion Walter » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:25 pm

Is there a website that keeps track of the standings by region points. I’ve seen ones that place them by QRF or by win percentage (northdakota-scores.net), but not by points earned in the region. I’ve also seen some unofficial standings (kmav.com), but I’m not sure how often they’re updated or how accurate they are.
Slo-Motion Walter
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 am

Re: Regional points standings

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Been updating Standings here for a couple of years...they are fairly accurate (can only update what's reported). District standings for those that play Districts still...Region for those that play Super Region format. KMAV is very accurate with Region 2.

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=14011
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14695
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Regional points standings

Postby Slo-Motion Walter » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:32 pm

When you say, “Been updating standings here for a couple of years” are you referring to this website?

Also, I mostly follow Region 2, so kmav.com is the best I’ve seen for standings by region points. That being said, I’ve noticed that there are some teams that are not playing for the same number of points, if their website is correct. I was hoping that NDHSAA would show standings by points.

I agree that you can only update what’s reported, and the few sites I’ve visited do a great job. I’m just trying to find a spot that shows point standings by region or district statewide.
Slo-Motion Walter
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 am

Re: Regional points standings

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:48 pm

Slo-Motion Walter wrote:When you say, “Been updating standings here for a couple of years” are you referring to this website?

Also, I mostly follow Region 2, so kmav.com is the best I’ve seen for standings by region points. That being said, I’ve noticed that there are some teams that are not playing for the same number of points, if their website is correct. I was hoping that NDHSAA would show standings by points.

I agree that you can only update what’s reported, and the few sites I’ve visited do a great job. I’m just trying to find a spot that shows point standings by region or district statewide.


Is what I do in the standings topic not what you are looking for??
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14695
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Regional points standings

Postby Slo-Motion Walter » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:15 pm

Using Region 2 boys basketball as an example, each team should be playing for 24 region points (13 teams, so each team can earn up to two points against their other 12 regional opponents). According to KMAV.com, North Border has won 7 region points and lost 11 region points for a total of 18 points. Their schedule shows only one 2 point region game remaining. This would mean that they are only playing for 20 total region points while others are playing for 24 region points. ND Scores website is great. I use it all the time, but those standings appear to be done by QRF, not region points.
Slo-Motion Walter
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 am

Re: Regional points standings

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:00 pm

REGION 2
Region Points (Overall)
Grafton 20-0 (16-2)
Thompson 18-2 (18-1)
Hillsboro-Central Valley 18-2 (16-3)
Larimore 15-5 (13-5)
Cavalier 14-10 (12-6)
Hatton-Northwood 13-7 (14-5)
Park River-FL 10-10 (7-11)
May-Port-CG 8-12 (4-14)
North Border 7-15 (9-10)
Midway-Minto 6-15 (7-12)
Drayton/Valley-Edinburg 5-16 (3-15)
12. Griggs County Central 2-20 (4-14)
13. Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page 0-22 (0-19)

Edit: Fixed...sometimes things get missed when dealing with 100+ scores a night plus running MN as well
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14695
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Regional points standings

Postby Slo-Motion Walter » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Staying with the North Border theme here. KMAV (which I understand may not have updated yet) has them listed as 7-11 (18 pts) You have them as 7-13 (20). Regardless of which of these numbers are correct, NB only has one region game remaining (they didn’t play today). That would be a total of either 20 or 22 region points, not the 24 total points they should be eligible to have played for.
Ultimately, I’m just looking forward to projecting potential region tourney matchups.
I apologize if I’m missing something here. Thanks for helping me make sense of it all.
Slo-Motion Walter
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 am

Re: Regional points standings

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:09 pm

Slo-Motion Walter wrote:Staying with the North Border theme here. KMAV (which I understand may not have updated yet) has them listed as 7-11 (18 pts) You have them as 7-13 (20). Regardless of which of these numbers are correct, NB only has one region game remaining (they didn’t play today). That would be a total of either 20 or 22 region points, not the 24 total points they should be eligible to have played for.
Ultimately, I’m just looking forward to projecting potential region tourney matchups.
I apologize if I’m missing something here. Thanks for helping me make sense of it all.


I missed one result...it is now updated and fixed in above post...
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14695
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Regional points standings

Postby Slo-Motion Walter » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:47 pm

I don’t envy your position trying to keep up with all of the scores, etc. I really enjoy your website. I was just running into a wall trying to see where the teams stood points-wise. Thanks for all your help.
Slo-Motion Walter
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 am

Re: Regional points standings

Postby Slo-Motion Walter » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:15 pm

What are the tie-breaker criteria for regional standings? 1) Region points 2) head-to-head? 3) overall record?
Slo-Motion Walter
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 am

Re: Regional points standings

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:40 pm

Slo-Motion Walter wrote:What are the tie-breaker criteria for regional standings? 1) Region points 2) head-to-head? 3) overall record?


If H2H is tied it’s likely point differential (max is likely 10 pts)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14695
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Regional points standings

Postby scc » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:45 pm

Slo-Motion Walter wrote:What are the tie-breaker criteria for regional standings? 1) Region points 2) head-to-head? 3) overall record?

If you are referring to the 3-way tie at the top of Region 2 between Thompson, HCV, and Grafton, that will become a two-way tie for 2nd by the end of the night. Then it is head-to-head.

If Thompson beats Grafton tonight...
#1 Thompson
#2 HCV
#3 Grafton

If Grafton beats Thompson tonight...
#1 HCV
#2 Grafton
#3 Thompson

If you are referring to North Border and Midway-Minto potentially being tied in Region 2, North Border has the edge with the head-to-head win.
scc
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2765
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:52 am
Location: East


Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests