2018-19 REGION TOURNAMENTS

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2018-19 REGION TOURNAMENTS

Postby RockNRoll » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:35 am

Reg 1 kindred by 1
Reg 2 thompson by 7
Reg 3 LaMoure 3
Reg 4 Four Winds by 15
Reg 5 Shilo by 20
Reg 6 bishop ryan by 5
Reg 7 Beulah by 15
Reg 8 Mandaree by 9
RockNRoll
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sniper » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:15 am

Region 1: Kindred
Region 2: H-CV
Region 3: LaMoure
Region 4: FW-M
Region 5: Bismarck
Region 6: Minot-1. Luckily if they lose it will be to Minot-2
Region 7: Beulah. Luckily if they lose it will be to Dickinson
Region 8: Powers Lake
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:44 am

Predictions:

Region 1: Richland
Region 2: Thompson ends HCV's run
Region 3: Lamoure
Region 4: New Rockford Sheyenne gets the upset
Region 5: Shiloh
Region 6: Ryan
Region 7: Beulah
Region 8: Powers Lake
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:54 pm

R1: Richland
R2: HCV
R3: LLM
R4: 4 Winds
R5: Biz
R6: Minot A
R7: Beulah
R8: Powers Lake
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby d_fense » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:20 pm

Over here in the east, I'll go with Richland over Kindred in region one. I don't care for how much Richland relies on 3 point shots, but they play well together and I think they will work for and get quality shots if the game is tight down the stretch. Kindred has a very nice team and are well coached. I just think they may have a better chance getting by Richland next year with another year on Keller.

In region 2 I'll be pulling for Thompson. But, I think HCV has improved as much as any team in the state this year. They lost to Thompson at home early by 7, but it could have been by double that pretty easily. Later in the season they lost in double ot in Thompson by 2. I just don't think Thompson has improved a ton as the season has progressed. They have 3 tall players, but IMO Overby is the only one on their team that can score down low consistently other than Schwabe, who plays at a guard and stands about 5'8". I see HCV winning by 6-10 points. I hope I am wrong, mainly to see a different team at state.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Region2FootballFan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:22 pm

R1: Richland
R2: HCV but they won’t 3 peat
R3: Lamoure
R4: NRS
R5: Shiloh
R6: Bishop Ryan
R7: Powerlake
R8: Bealuh
Region2FootballFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sorenson23 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:33 pm

d_fense wrote:Over here in the east, I'll go with Richland over Kindred in region one. I don't care for how much Richland relies on 3 point shots, but they play well together and I think they will work for and get quality shots if the game is tight down the stretch. Kindred has a very nice team and are well coached. I just think they may have a better chance getting by Richland next year with another year on Keller.

In region 2 I'll be pulling for Thompson. But, I think HCV has improved as much as any team in the state this year. They lost to Thompson at home early by 7, but it could have been by double that pretty easily. Later in the season they lost in double ot in Thompson by 2. I just don't think Thompson has improved a ton as the season has progressed. They have 3 tall players, but IMO Overby is the only one on their team that can score down low consistently other than Schwabe, who plays at a guard and stands about 5'8". I see HCV winning by 6-10 points. I hope I am wrong, mainly to see a different team at state.

I agree with you. I too would like to see a different team in the state tournament.

I made my predictions earlier and they were:
R1- Richland
R2- HCV
R3- LaMoure-L-M
R4- New Rockford-Sheyenne
R5- Shiloh
R6- Bishop Ryan
R7- Beulah
R8- Powers Lake

But I'm rooting for
R1- Richland
R2- Thompson
R3- LaMoure-L-M
R4- New Rockford-Sheyenne
R5- New Salem-Almont
R6- Our Redeemer's
R7- Beulah
R8- Either Powers Lake or Mandaree
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Vikings2009 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:07 pm

Region 1 Kindred
Region 2 Thompson
Region 3 LaMoure
Region 4 FW Indians
Region 5 Shilo C
Region 6 Minot
Region 7 Beulah
Region 8 Mandaree
Vikings2009
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jimor » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:38 pm

New Rockford S wins by 5
jimor
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:14 pm

Congratulations to Powers Lake - 1st time in 80 years! Enjoy the State B gentlemen!
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:28 pm

Fletcher wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Fletcher wrote:
winner-within wrote:I personally believe that the Grafton vs Cavalier game could have been the Championship game regardless of anything else.... in the History of Class B how often do you have 6'6", 6"5" matched up with 6'6, 6'7" and the tallest of the 4 is the point guard? along with super quick guards on both teams and probably the most intense rival in the State for years.....Region 2 was as stacked as its ever been 2018-2019 season

good luck to the Tommies and the Burros

When you say regardless of anything else, you really mean it don't you!

Like regardless of the fact that neither of those two teams actually made it to the championship game and the winner of your fictional "Championship" (Grafton) lost to HCV last night by 14. Granted, for most of the game it was closer than that, but HCV pretty much controlled the whole game and led the whole way.

Also, regardless of the fact that Cavalier was the #6 seed in the tournament and lost to Thompson by over 30 points earlier in the year. Regardless of the fact they also lost to HCV, Grafton and Larimore during the regular season, which would mean they lost to the #1 through #4 seeds.

It was a great game between Grafton and Cavalier on Monday night but it's hard for me to buy that it was the "Championship"

You're right that Region 2 was stacked, but you are doing a great disservice to the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the tournament and the STATE. I would also agree that both Grafton and Cavalier have great players but I think you're over stating it.

I'm definitely not a points guy, but if you insist, Cav was up 14-15 on HCV in CV and up by 13 I believe over Grafton in the Betty....scored 25 points in one quarter with their zone and fast break....I would have liked to have seen much more zone into transition all year......Cav had the only 20 game season in the region (rest had 21 22) going into the regional tourn, they had to deal with a young mans suicide 5 days before Christmas and the Langdon game was never played.....it was as an adverse year as it gets for any town or any team, so I'm really not to worried if I hurt someones feelings..........once again
Good Luck! HR OD :wink:

I wasn't saying you were hurting someone's feelings. I said you were doing those other teams a disservice when you disregard actual on-court results.

I was not aware of the suicide you mentioned, must have been difficult time for that group of young men. Hate to see kids go through that.

I used the term "hurting someones feelings" because the way you put it is to harsh (maybe should have pointed that out).... in other words I am not harming (disservice) anybody by stating what I stated...am I hurting yours or anybody else's thoughts or feelings about the "best teams"? maybe I am, but I said I wasn't worried about that after what the season beheld....
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys