Region 5

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 5

Postby Sorenson23 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:01 am

As a district 10 fan. Could someone correct if I'm wrong. But since when does Garrison, Max, Turtle Lake-M-M, Underwood, Washburn, & Wilton-Wing play each other twice. I don't think one of these match-ups is a JV game I think they both varsity games. The only team in their district that does not play each team twice is Center-Stanton. And the according to their schedules the other six teams have Center-Stanton on there schedule already. Is this a typo or do they play each twice.

And these are not part of a tournament. Their being played at their respective venues.

Tuesday Jan. 15- Turtle Lake-M-M @ Underwood
Sat. Feb. 2- Underwood @ Turtle Lake-M-M

Thurs. Jan. 3- Wilton-Wing @ Washburn
Thurs. Jan. 17- Washburn @ Wilton-Wing

Thurs. Jan. 17- Garrison @ Max
Thurs. Jan. 24- Max @ Garrison

I got this off of http://www.NDHSAA.com & http://www.northdakota-scores.net.
Sorenson23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Re: Region 5

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:27 am

You can play a district or region team twice...one game counts as the district game and the other only counts to the overall record. Not the only district or region to do this.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14761
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Region 5

Postby Sorenson23 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:30 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:You can play a district or region team twice...one game counts as the district game and the other only counts to the overall record. Not the only district or region to do this.


I didn't know you could do that. I always thought that you play your district or region teams once in the regular season. I can with with that.
Sorenson23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Re: Region 5

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:15 am

Some districts also go by points. If you play a team twice, each game counts as a point in the district standings. If you play a team only once, that game counts as two points.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3748
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: Region 5

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:46 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Some districts also go by points. If you play a team twice, each game counts as a point in the district standings. If you play a team only once, that game counts as two points.


District 10 isn’t doing that from the schedules i received
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14761
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Region 5

Postby Wilbur » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:30 pm

I have seen this in different ways. 1. One game counts in district and the other counts only against overall record. 2. Each district game counts for one point and 2 points if you play each other once. 3. One game counts in district and one in a conference. (See this a lot with District 5 and 6, and the South Central Conference.
Wilbur
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Re: Region 5

Postby T reporter » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:39 pm

Sorenson23 wrote:As a district 10 fan. Could someone correct if I'm wrong. But since when does Garrison, Max, Turtle Lake-M-M, Underwood, Washburn, & Wilton-Wing play each other twice. I don't think one of these match-ups is a JV game I think they both varsity games. The only team in their district that does not play each team twice is Center-Stanton. And the according to their schedules the other six teams have Center-Stanton on there schedule already. Is this a typo or do they play each twice.

And these are not part of a tournament. Their being played at their respective venues.

Tuesday Jan. 15- Turtle Lake-M-M @ Underwood
Sat. Feb. 2- Underwood @ Turtle Lake-M-M

Thurs. Jan. 3- Wilton-Wing @ Washburn
Thurs. Jan. 17- Washburn @ Wilton-Wing

Thurs. Jan. 17- Garrison @ Max
Thurs. Jan. 24- Max @ Garrison

I got this off of http://www.NDHSAA.com & http://www.northdakota-scores.net.


I thought they discontinued the McLean County tournament a few years ago so teams would not end up playing against the same team four times in the season. If they both made region tournament

Question for Sorenson 23 do you know when the last time the Underwood boys defeated TLMM? I think before 2007-8 season but when? Underwood may win this year.
Thanks T
T reporter
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: Region 5

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 pm

The McLean County Tournament has become a 2-day shootout.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14761
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Region 5

Postby Sorenson23 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:12 am

T reporter wrote:
Sorenson23 wrote:As a district 10 fan. Could someone correct if I'm wrong. But since when does Garrison, Max, Turtle Lake-M-M, Underwood, Washburn, & Wilton-Wing play each other twice. I don't think one of these match-ups is a JV game I think they both varsity games. The only team in their district that does not play each team twice is Center-Stanton. And the according to their schedules the other six teams have Center-Stanton on there schedule already. Is this a typo or do they play each twice.

And these are not part of a tournament. Their being played at their respective venues.

Tuesday Jan. 15- Turtle Lake-M-M @ Underwood
Sat. Feb. 2- Underwood @ Turtle Lake-M-M

Thurs. Jan. 3- Wilton-Wing @ Washburn
Thurs. Jan. 17- Washburn @ Wilton-Wing

Thurs. Jan. 17- Garrison @ Max
Thurs. Jan. 24- Max @ Garrison

I got this off of http://www.NDHSAA.com & http://www.northdakota-scores.net.


I thought they discontinued the McLean County tournament a few years ago so teams would not end up playing against the same team four times in the season. If they both made region tournament

Question for Sorenson 23 do you know when the last time the Underwood boys defeated TLMM? I think before 2007-8 season but when? Underwood may win this year.
Thanks T


The answer to your question. The last time Underwood beat Turtle Lake-Mercer was 2002. I would have been a 5th grader.
Last edited by Sorenson23 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sorenson23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Re: Region 5

Postby Sorenson23 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:31 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:You can play a district or region team twice...one game counts as the district game and the other only counts to the overall record. Not the only district or region to do this.



That's fine and all. But my question is? Then how come the district 10 girls don't play each other twice.

Or is it cause its tough to find opponents for these teams. See now the girls schedule is fine. The last couple of years as far as I know I haven't seen these teams play each other during the regular season more than once except if they were playing in the McLean County Tournament (McLean County Shootout).
Sorenson23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Re: Region 5

Postby PizzaRoll » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:56 pm

Center boys do not have a Varsity team this year. So the boy's teams are all playing one team in the district twice to make it easy to reschedule Center next year if they do field a team.
PizzaRoll
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:21 am

Re: Region 5

Postby stir the pot » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:33 am

Hey Sorenson 23 Show down tonight at Underwood. Trojans and Comets you got the winner?

Underwood wins it will be national championship. TLMM wins, winning streak goes to 19.
stir the pot
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:47 am

Re: Region 5

Postby Sorenson23 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:20 am

TLMM 58 Underwood 55 F/OT


I went to the game here in Underwood. Talk about a very good game three point shot at the buzzer in OT. Could've seen double overtime coming. Now TLMM's winning streak stands at 19 but they play each other again in a couple weeks in Turtle Lake. With what happened tonight I see Underwood winning that though.
Sorenson23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Re: Region 5

Postby B Historian » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:01 pm

I am surprised that Glen Ullin/Hebron handled Flasher so easily last weekend. Did anyone see this game to know what happened?

At this point it doesn't appear that there is a team capable of being a threat to Shiloh Christian in the region.
B Historian
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Re: Region 5

Postby Sorenson23 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:45 pm

B Historian wrote:I am surprised that Glen Ullin/Hebron handled Flasher so easily last weekend. Did anyone see this game to know what happened?

At this point it doesn't appear that there is a team capable of being a threat to Shiloh Christian in the region.


I agree with you.

On the girls side that's where it's different. To me it's wide open Shiloh won't running away with it at all. These three teams can win the region.

Center-Stanton (12-2)
Shiloh Christian (11-5)
Underwood (11-4)

These are the only three teams that have a legitimate shot. If theirs a dark horse outside these three it's Grant County.

Flasher, Wilton-Wing, and Solen could play spoiler though.

Standing Rock, New Salem-Almont, TLMM, Garrison, Washburn, & Max. I think are out of contention.

I think we need a Super Region 5 Tournament. Get rid of the District 9 & 10 Tournaments. Give teams a chance. Now I'm not talking by winning a region qualifier during districts.
Sorenson23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Re: Region 5

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:07 pm

Sorry to get off topic and move to the girls side of this region, but surprised Flasher has struggled with the two Alt girls there this year. Any insight on why? Also surprised to see Grant County hanging in there with all that they lost from last season.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3748
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: Region 5

Postby PizzaRoll » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:00 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Sorry to get off topic and move to the girls side of this region, but surprised Flasher has struggled with the two Alt girls there this year. Any insight on why? Also surprised to see Grant County hanging in there with all that they lost from last season.



The Alt girls are only playing JV. They did not move into the Flasher district. They are not eligible till next year.
PizzaRoll
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:21 am

Re: Region 5

Postby Sorenson23 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:06 am

Quick question now Center boys play a JV schedule. So that means it's just the other six teams in the district tournament.

Looks like Shiloh will easily come out of District 9 & also out of Region 5. Theirs no team in district 10 that will come close to them. Shiloh will make state but I don't see them getting past HCV, FW-M, or Thompson.

As for District 10 it's not a one team race. TLMM, Wilton-Wing, Washburn, Underwood. Are all capable of winning the district title.

I see a few teams in the poll that could stumble come districts & regions.
Sorenson23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Re: Region 5

Postby Sorenson23 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:47 am

stir the pot wrote:Hey Sorenson 23 Show down tonight at Underwood. Trojans and Comets you got the winner?

Underwood wins it will be national championship. TLMM wins, winning streak goes to 19.



District 10 Semi-Finals

#1 Turtle Lake-M-M 43 #5 Underwood 48.
I was glad UHS beat TLMM all it took was the 21st time to beat these guys.
Sorenson23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 pm


Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests