congratulations fordville lankin

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby PA42 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:33 am

on Saturday night fordville lankin won their first varsity game in three years. They defeated a very down but somewhat competitive cavalier tornado team. Then on monday they defeated another district foe in drayton-st. thomas who is a team that proved they knock off some solid teams. The flyers are led by devin sticha who averaged nearly sixteen points a game but were still not even close to competitive. They have a new coach in gallard peltier and i think they have a chance to pick up some more victories and could possibly find themselves in the top four or five? They would need to upset park river but if moe has an off night that is possible. Is fordville-lankin an up and coming team or a below average team who beat two other poor teams?
Last edited by PA42 on Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:05 am

i think F-L just played a couple of poor teams. the win over cavalier didn't surprise me as much as the one over drayton-st. thomas but i doubt that they'll keep winning over district foes. i haven't seen them play this year but tonight they play north border's b-squad. i'll get a better look at them tonight.
thesports_guy32

Postby ndfootball06 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:45 am

i don't see fordville finishing higher than 6th
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:48 pm

F-L lost to north border's b-squad tonight by a significant amount.  i don't see them doing much the rest of the year.
thesports_guy32

Postby PA42 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:26 am

that's true but north border has always had a good jv. i feel that sometimes there jv could compete with their varsity. i get a feeling that some of their players are more comfortable at the jv level. mike smith for example is an amzing athlete and has potential to be on of the best players in the stater as a junior or senior. Right now as a sophomore he's a little tentative. He scored nearly twenty points, and they have several other very talented players that would easily start for most teams in district 4. Fordville Lankin may not win any more games, they will compete.
PA42

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:34 am

although they lost to north border's b-squad, F-L did make a late push to decrease the lead. i'll give them that. 2 years ago they would've thrown in the towel but this year it looks like that's not the case. that's props to the coach.
thesports_guy32

Postby PA42 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:59 am

ndfootball06 wrote:i don't see fordville finishing higher than 6th

i can't disagree with you but they have already beat cavalier and drayton st. thomas. If they play well so they should defeat valley edinburg. I just think its impressive to see a team who hasn't won a meaningful game in three years be in the top fiv or six. Good for them.
PA42

Postby ndfootball06 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:22 am

horne98 wrote:

i can't disagree with you but they have already beat cavalier and drayton st. thomas. If they play well so they should defeat valley edinburg. I just think its impressive to see a team who hasn't won a meaningful game in three years be in the top fiv or six. Good for them.

i think fordville will beat v/e when they play, but i think drayton will show up to play next time they play fordville.  so i pick 5.dst 6.ford/lank 7.cavalier and 8. v/e
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby knights4 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:19 am

ndfootball06 wrote:
horne98 wrote:

i think fordville will beat v/e when they play, but i think drayton will show up to play next time they play fordville.  so i pick 5.dst 6.ford/lank 7.cavalier and 8. v/e

We may not be that good, or have a lot of varsity experiance (v/e) but we did play against one the best teams in the region everyday in practice last year. And it's hard to get playing time over seven seniors, i believe that a couple of us could've started on a lot of other teams in the district last year. I can almost guarantee that we beat both cavalier and F/L and at least get a split with D/ST. In my mind we are at least 6th may be 5th in our district. 
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:15 pm

knights4 wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:
horne98 wrote:

We may not be that good, or have a lot of varsity experiance (v/e) but we did play against one the best teams in the region everyday in practice last year. And it's hard to get playing time over seven seniors, i believe that a couple of us could've started on a lot of other teams in the district last year. I can almost guarantee that we beat both cavalier and F/L and at least get a split with D/ST. In my mind we are at least 6th may be 5th in our district. 

just out of curiosity who would've started on other teams last year (disregarding fordville) in our district?  Yes you did have 7 seniors and thats tough to compete with but every other team had good seniors that were playing and good upperclassmen.  im just curious as to who you think some of this years group would've started/played for
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby knights4 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:17 am

Park River, Everybody with exeption of Moe was mediocre at best, they started Nick Paterka who had never played before, F/L like you said, D/ST correct me if i'm wrong but i think Rost started for them last year, I think a couple of us would have started over him.(no disrepect to anyone named). Cavalier, can't remember the other post besides matt. But i think that there is 2 of us who might have started over Lawonn or their point guard. If we wouldn't have started for cavalier we would have played major minutes. No disrespect to F/L I just think it's rediculious that everybody instantly put them 5th or even 4th in the district just because they beat a bad team by 1 (Cavalier), and D/ST (who i feel is an overated team) when three of their starters had fouled out before overtime.

I have a unrelated question for you, why did your B squad play F/L's varsity, i didn't know that you could do that.    
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:10 pm

i honestly don't think anyone is saying fordville lankin is a great team. I just think its nice to see a team be competitive after not winning a game for three years.
PA42

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:45 pm

knights4 wrote:Park River, Everybody with exeption of Moe was mediocre at best, they started Nick Paterka who had never played before, F/L like you said, D/ST correct me if i'm wrong but i think Rost started for them last year, I think a couple of us would have started over him.(no disrepect to anyone named). Cavalier, can't remember the other post besides matt. But i think that there is 2 of us who might have started over Lawonn or their point guard. If we wouldn't have started for cavalier we would have played major minutes. No disrespect to F/L I just think it's rediculious that everybody instantly put them 5th or even 4th in the district just because they beat a bad team by 1 (Cavalier), and D/ST (who i feel is an overated team) when three of their starters had fouled out before overtime.

I have a unrelated question for you, why did your B squad play F/L's varsity, i didn't know that you could do that.    

nick peterka was a good athlete which makes him tough on the basketball floor, max otto was good last year too, david sampson and mark foerester were also good athletes,  drayton started pollestad, halcrow, littlejohn, kennely, and rost, so there is there team too.  cavalier had anderson, schill, carik, furstenau, and brekke.  lawonn came off the bench.  im not going to even put north border/midway-minto or grafton on here because they had solid starters too.  as far as our b squad playing f/l's varsity, we've done that the last 3 years before this year and have dominated them every time because our b squads have been solid in those years.  we count them as varsity games so if we were to lose it would be the same as our varsity losing.  we do that so we can have a few extra games against minnesota schools like kittson central and stephen argyle.  the other reason i don't think you're previous statement was true is because since none of you got time last year that meant you played b squad and that b squad didn't win many games last year or have anyone that really stood out when i saw them play.  im sure you all worked on your game and are better now then you were then but most of the guys who played last year on those teams i mentioned had something that you guys didn't, which is experience.  and experience is important.
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:01 am

i totally agree with you. i wonder how many of those players could start for most teams now? I'm not trying to totally put v/e down. THey have some young talent but i don't see them being a top team any time in the future. Lietz and Olson, their top two players are seniors. Althoff is big and has potential but he averages four or five turn overs a game. And for this year i don't think they're ready to compete with the top teams. They will be in battles with the likes of cavalier, drayton st. thomas, and fordville-lankin. I know you think you're so much better than these teams but i don't know. cavalier has been competitive for the first half with everyone they have played. They have four or five players who have the ability to reach double figures. Drayton St. THomas has two guards who are steaky shooters and good ball handlers and chase rost is as tough as they come. And do you want to why we are even talking about the next game. It's because almost every fordville lankin player has varsity expierence for two or three years. They know waht it's like to start a varsity game or play the big guys. So that when they improve physically they are ready to compete. NO disrespect to v/e at all, i think you guys are good athletes and hard workers i just think your going to be fighting for that fifth or sixth spot.
Last edited by PA42 on Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby knights4 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:03 am

I got some varsity experience last year and the year before, and I think when you saw us we played against your b squad which was probably good enough to have made regionals last year, but you may be right, I might be thinking of how good we're now and saying we would've started on those teams last year.
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby knights4 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:12 am

horne98 wrote:i honestly don't think anyone is saying fordville lankin is a great team. I just think its nice to see a team be competitive after not winning a game for three years.

I agree that it's nice to see them win. But nobody thought that they would win a game this year then when they win a couple they instantly jump from last to 5th or even 4th I think that's crazy. But i'am glad they won those games because if we split with D/ST and beat F/L and Cavalier we have all the tiebreakers to be the 5th seed and play PR instead of one of the big three in the district, unlees one of us upset one of those top three.
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby knights4 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:21 am

horne98 wrote:i totally agree with you. i wonder how many of those players could start for most teams now? I'm not trying to totally put v/e down. THey have some young talent but i don't see them being a top team any time in the future. Lietz and Olson, their top two players are seniors. Althoff is big and has potential but he averages four or five turn overs a game. And for this year i don't think they're ready to compete with the top teams. They will be in battles with the likes of cavalier, drayton st. thomas, and fordville-lankin. I know you think you're so much better than these teams but i don't know. cavalier has been competitive for the first half with everyone they have played. They have four or five players who have the ability to reach double figures. Drayton St. THomas has two guards who are steaky shooters and good ball handlers and chase rost is as tough as they come. And do you want to why we are even talking about the next game. It's because almost every fordville lankin player has varsity expierence for two or three years. They know waht it's like to start a varsity game or play the big guys. So that when they improve physically they are ready to compete. NO disrespect to v/e at all, i think you guys are good athletes and hard workers i just think your going to be fighting for that fifth or sixth spot.

I completly understand how you would feel this way and I probably would if i wasn't on this team, but i'am looking forward to proving everybody wrong and if we don't i'll eat my words. But i do agree with your prediction of 5th or 6th, I don't think that we are SO much better than these teams at all, but I'am very confident that we will beat them. 
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:33 am

honestly, i hope you guys can suprise some teams. I wish you the best of luck.
PA42

Postby knights4 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:04 pm

thank you
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LiveForHim » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:47 pm

Hey knight man who are you
LiveForHim
NDPreps Reserve

Postby knights4 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:52 am

Derrek Lietz, u
Last edited by knights4 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby knights4 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:57 am

I said i would eat my words if we lost to cavalier and i will. It's tough to win when your on the bench for the whole second quarter and watch your team score 0 points in the second quarter. congrats to cavalier
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:34 am

do you play cavalier again? And i know you defeated fordville in the tournament but have you played them anytime else?
PA42

Postby knights4 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:53 am

no we don't play them again though i wish we did, and didn't play f/l before that game, but we do play them the last game of the year. Even though we beat f/l by about 16 they still kind of scare me because they did beat both cavalier and d/st. that was probably the worst game we have ever played, Lawonn and i pretty much canceled each other out, and one of their role players played out of his mind and scored 20 which was almost half of their total points. i was out with foul trouble for the entire second quarter and the rest of the team scored a grand total of 0 points in the second, then i had to play very conservative in the third with 3 fouls, and by the forth i believe we were down by about 10, and couldn't quite finish the comeback. And i don't want to blame the refs like everyone does but i'm going to. If you could've seen the game you would agree, but i'm not taking anything away from cavalier they played well.
Last edited by knights4 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:19 am

fordville lankin showed again last night that they are so much better than in the past two years. and they showed this in a losing effort. Fordville lankin lost by seven toa decent egf sacred heart team. i understand the flyers battled all night and just came up short. i still think fordville will show up and battle at districts. I honestly think next year they will be in top four or five teams next season. Congratulations to fordville lankin for continuing to compete.
PA42

Next

Return to Boys