Co-op Gyms

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Co-op Gyms

Postby winner-within » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:05 am

as the season winds down and spring-summer approach.....it simply will be a blink of an eye it seems and next season will be upon us.....

this thread is by no means taking a jab at any town or any school but I have a question that arises from the talks of 3 classes, from the talks of co-ops and consolidations and what the future beholds....it may not seem like an important question but maybe a bit of light should be shown on it!

are there any gyms, that are still being played in because of the co-op, that should be retired to game night?
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Co-op Gyms

Postby Flip » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:18 pm

Pembina, Crystal, Edinburg come to mind.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:29 am

Flip wrote:Pembina, Crystal, Edinburg come to mind.

Crystal was one I had thought of...
when you have Edinburg (very nice floor but not a lot of seating) and Drayton (nice gym)
to me this takes out Crystal (not near the facility the other 2 are)

Pembina? never thought of it but yes Walhalla is much more equipped
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby airmail » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:42 am

You guys have to keep in mind, however, that the gyms where they host maybe one or two games a year ALWAYS have awesome popcorn and other various specialties in the works for their big nights! To shut down these gyms would be a travesty!

As a fan that oddly gains around 20 pounds over the course of the VB, GBB, and BBB seasons, I definitely consider myself an expert on this topic. :lol: :wink:
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:24 pm

airmail wrote:You guys have to keep in mind, however, that the gyms where they host maybe one or two games a year ALWAYS have awesome popcorn and other various specialties in the works for their big nights! To shut down these gyms would be a travesty!

As a fan that oddly gains around 20 pounds over the course of the VB, GBB, and BBB seasons, I definitely consider myself an expert on this topic. :lol: :wink:

Like I said touchy topic :) ....I don't eat at the games because my wallet is feeding 5 others :D jk
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby OldSchoolBaller » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:28 pm

winner-within wrote:

when you have Edinburg (very nice floor but not a lot of seating) and Drayton (nice gym)

Do they still have games in Neche? I know that they still did about 10 years ago. If so I would retire that one first.
“It’s not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” - Paul "Bear" Bryant
OldSchoolBaller
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:06 pm

OldSchoolBaller wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Do they still have games in Neche? I know that they still did about 10 years ago. If so I would retire that one first.

nope they retired that one.....yes the old tile floor etc etc
it was time.....now all these gyms would make great practice facility's
and with some towns needing more gym space it would be nice to farm out the retired ones to
towns close by for practice.....it seems so hard these days to get in a gym!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys