Best Players by Region

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Best Players by Region

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Edger wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
Edger wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
Edger wrote:
Sniper wrote:Region 5: Trapper Jacobs TLMM


True, Trapper Jacobs is the best player in region 5!

Has he learned what a good shot looks like? Piles of contested and anti-aircraft 30 foot 3's in the state tourney last year -


?? Wow. Give him some credit. He was a sophomore that led his team to state last year and did whatever he could for a small school with a short bench.

No disrespect - haven’t seen him play this year. He forced a lot in the state last year - simply wondering if he’s letting the offense come to him this year. Don’t get bent out of shape.


Comments like that about a great player does bend me out of shape. That's not what this thread is about.

Relax. He's a young kid. How many 16 year olds know what a good shot is in relation to the game clock, shot clock, game situation, score, momentum, etc? What I wish I would have said is, has he grown as a player? Is he improved? Is he letting the offense come to him as opposed to forcing offense? You're taking this as an attack on the kid. Not so.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 pm

Re: Best Players by Region

Postby Jack8 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:56 pm

District 15 top players

New Town: Headdress,Lebeau, Overlie, and Baker
Watford City: Ewing and Homiston
White Shield: White and Fox
NSP: both Andes
Parshall: Moran
Mandaree: Chase
Jack8
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:15 am

Re: Best Players by Region

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Superfly wrote:I’ll comment on region 2

Thompson-Schwabe, Hughes, Overby, Hegg, any one of these can lead the team
HCV-Henningsgard,Reed
PR/FL-A.Zavalney, Jehlica
MM-Schuster, Waslow
NB-Greendahl
HN-Thorsgard, Konschak
Mayville-Hanson
Grafton-Nieman, Albrecht
Cavalier-A.Carrier, C.Carrier, Henke
Larimore-Tupa


this post is right on except you have to put Camrud on HCV and one may add Skavhaug also for PRFL

after watching all of them except Hanson and Tupa this season I personally think the Coaches son from H/N Konschak, is the purest leader on the court and sees the floor the best on both ends and second would be Schuster..........Waslow and Nieman, Tupa, Hegg & Camrud are the horses of the bunch.....some big-time length in A. Zavalney, A. Carrier, Overby, Henke Albrecht for rebounding and blocked shots.... Henningsgard, Schwabe, C. Carrier and Hughes are all slashers and speedsters....some very very good shooters throughout.....really solid Juniors and sophs coming back on this list.....no disrespect to anybody not mentioned and like I said not sure of Hanson or MPCG till I see them.. :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4741
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Best Players by Region

Postby ND Sports Fan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:54 am

Edger wrote:
winner-within wrote:I think a lot of this is aimed at the Better "offensive" players....


I think your right.

Also, one player that is being overlooked simply because its a rebuilding year for Parshall, is Billy Moran. I will even go as far as saying he is the best 2-way player in Region 8.


This is a great point. Do quality players on struggling teams get overlooked because their team isn't winning? It is easy to see the best players on the best teams, true talent evaluations see talent on poor teams as well. Post season awards tend to go this way also.

Are there more "Billy Moran's" out there?
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:13 am

Re: Best Players by Region

Postby packers21 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:22 am

ND Sports Fan wrote:
Edger wrote:
winner-within wrote:I think a lot of this is aimed at the Better "offensive" players....


I think your right.

Also, one player that is being overlooked simply because its a rebuilding year for Parshall, is Billy Moran. I will even go as far as saying he is the best 2-way player in Region 8.


This is a great point. Do quality players on struggling teams get overlooked because their team isn't winning? It is easy to see the best players on the best teams, true talent evaluations see talent on poor teams as well. Post season awards tend to go this way also.

Are there more "Billy Moran's" out there?


If you're a stud on a bad team you will get the recognition you deserve, winning deserves to be rewarded-if its a close call between someone on a bad team and a 2/3 kid on a good team, I would always give the nod to the better team. To be on a successful team many times kids have to give up shots for the benefit of the team. You want more postseason recognition get into the gym and weight-room with your buddies in the offseason.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Best Players by Region

Postby ND Sports Fan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:00 am

packers21 wrote:
ND Sports Fan wrote:
Edger wrote:
winner-within wrote:I think a lot of this is aimed at the Better "offensive" players....


I think your right.

Also, one player that is being overlooked simply because its a rebuilding year for Parshall, is Billy Moran. I will even go as far as saying he is the best 2-way player in Region 8.


This is a great point. Do quality players on struggling teams get overlooked because their team isn't winning? It is easy to see the best players on the best teams, true talent evaluations see talent on poor teams as well. Post season awards tend to go this way also.

Are there more "Billy Moran's" out there?


If you're a stud on a bad team you will get the recognition you deserve, winning deserves to be rewarded-if its a close call between someone on a bad team and a 2/3 kid on a good team, I would always give the nod to the better team. To be on a successful team many times kids have to give up shots for the benefit of the team. You want more postseason recognition get into the gym and weight-room with your buddies in the offseason.


Agree
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:13 am

Re: Best Players by Region

Postby Edger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 pm

ND Sports Fan wrote:
packers21 wrote:
ND Sports Fan wrote:
Edger wrote:
winner-within wrote:I think a lot of this is aimed at the Better "offensive" players....


I think your right.

Also, one player that is being overlooked simply because its a rebuilding year for Parshall, is Billy Moran. I will even go as far as saying he is the best 2-way player in Region 8.


This is a great point. Do quality players on struggling teams get overlooked because their team isn't winning? It is easy to see the best players on the best teams, true talent evaluations see talent on poor teams as well. Post season awards tend to go this way also.

Are there more "Billy Moran's" out there?


If you're a stud on a bad team you will get the recognition you deserve, winning deserves to be rewarded-if its a close call between someone on a bad team and a 2/3 kid on a good team, I would always give the nod to the better team. To be on a successful team many times kids have to give up shots for the benefit of the team. You want more postseason recognition get into the gym and weight-room with your buddies in the offseason.


Agree


I wouldn't say he is being overlooked in his area as far as being a stud on the team and definitely not in the awards area. If I remember correctly, he was all district last year and hit his 1000 point, as a post, early in January this year. Just overlooked in chatter because when folks talk about the best players they tend to focus on the best teams' players.

Any yes, I do believe there is probably some more kids out there in that boat. We don't know them all and we just can't watch them all. That's what forums like these are good for.
Edger
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:52 pm

Re: Best Players by Region

Postby Sniper » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:05 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
Edger wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
Edger wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
Edger wrote:
Sniper wrote:Region 5: Trapper Jacobs TLMM


True, Trapper Jacobs is the best player in region 5!

Has he learned what a good shot looks like? Piles of contested and anti-aircraft 30 foot 3's in the state tourney last year -


?? Wow. Give him some credit. He was a sophomore that led his team to state last year and did whatever he could for a small school with a short bench.

No disrespect - haven’t seen him play this year. He forced a lot in the state last year - simply wondering if he’s letting the offense come to him this year. Don’t get bent out of shape.


Comments like that about a great player does bend me out of shape. That's not what this thread is about.

Relax. He's a young kid. How many 16 year olds know what a good shot is in relation to the game clock, shot clock, game situation, score, momentum, etc? What I wish I would have said is, has he grown as a player? Is he improved? Is he letting the offense come to him as opposed to forcing offense? You're taking this as an attack on the kid. Not so.


One thing to consider when you talk about him taking a good shot is that a shot is determined as good or bad on the skill of the player shooting. A 25 foot shot for Trapper is probably a better shot for TLMM than some of his teammates taking contested 15 foot shots. A lot of trappers game is being able to make tough contested shots.
Sniper
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 am
Location: Bismarck, ND

Previous

Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests