Class B Senior Player of the Year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby radar » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:14 pm

baller01 wrote:Take it from someone who isn't in region 1 or 2. Mauch is a very good player, but to say he puts a guy who has help lead his team to two state tournaments, was the ONLY junior to be named 1st team all-state last year, and plays argueably the top defense in the state, in a distant second, is totally wrong. Mauch is good, but Lorenz is great.

mayville and d trinity were  two of the top four teams the last two years put mauch on either and they walk right through the state tourn by 20 plus each game

radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:21 pm

Are you kidding me Radar? Mauch is a good player, I'm not taking that from him. But c'mon now. The state tournament features the top players in the state, there isn't one player in class B basketball, that would make that big of difference on a team.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby radar » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:28 pm

baller01 wrote:Take it from someone who isn't in region 1 or 2. Mauch is a very good player, but to say he puts a guy who has help lead his team to two state tournaments, was the ONLY junior to be named 1st team all-state last year, and plays argueably the top defense in the state, in a distant second, is totally wrong. Mauch is good, but Lorenz is great.

key word helped
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:30 pm

radar wrote:

key word helped

Has Mauch "helped" lead any team to a state tournament. I can't say Lorenz took them to state by himself because no player on any team takes a team to state on his own.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:02 pm

SCC wrote:
radar wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
radar wrote:
AandBfan wrote: Sizer has been putting up some good numbers - double doubles all year.

jamie mauch of region 1 would have sizer and wheeling and bakum and lorenz for lunch any day every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may want to look at the region he is competing in. Jacob Wheeling is putting up 20+ a night in a district that has 4 teams in the top 10. Do some research before you make a statement like that
i dont need to research a thing, region 1&2 play  the game the right way and even at a jr, mauch is the top player in the state and lorenz is a distant second

Region 1 fans will say Mauch is better.  Region 2 fans will say Lorenz is better.

fans of neither region will say lorenz is much better and bakkum is still better than mauch too and packineau and wheeling and i could keep going if i had to

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:33 pm

when we are talking about 'best player' what are we talking about...in a 1-on-1 tournament, i would take bakkum or ironheart because they are used to having the ball in their hands and don't need someone to pass them the ball.

i don't know if i've ever seen lornez run the point, so isn't it almost unfair to try to compare players at different positions?
rep

Postby baller01 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:49 pm

Good point with Lorenz not running the point guard, offensively he might not dominate. Definsevely, I don't think there would be a better bet against stopping Ironheart or Bakkum. He isn't gonna out shoot you or out jump you, but hes gonna out work and out hustle you.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lambboy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:02 pm

thomas burke gets no credit he didnt put up big numbers last year. well its kinda hard when tivis is scoring 25 and pauley is scoring 20. seriously, u should come watch this kid play. sure he struggled against richardton but that was because the press was killing the bulldogs and everyone was scared to do anything with the ball so burke had to do everything himself. thomas is an excellent defender and he has deep range. and he has one of the quickest first steps and releases in the state
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:08 pm

Burke is a very quick player. Shot selection might not be the best but is extremely quick. He is a good shooter and a good defender but his quickness is what is his strong point.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ilove_basketball » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:39 pm

horne98 wrote:Good question, some people are overlooking regions other than 2 and 8.

Region 1 there is not one superior player but if i had to pick Justin Dunn Northern Cass and Tyler Johnson from Kindred

Region 2 I think this is a given to luke lorenz but if something happened the dark horses are aaron delvo cv, mondy or enger from m-m.

Region 3 I think this region gets a lot of crap for having little talent but two of the best scorers in the state are here in bakkum and sizer

Region 4 Nick Bylin is a dominant center and Cory Wall is a proven scorer. RJ Darling is a solid player and will probably come away with this one. Tony Ironheart is a great athlete and can flat out play.

Region 5 Adam Kuntz might lead standing rock to state.

Region 6 Matt Foster from Bottineau is an all arounder player and adam hunt from dunseith can flat out score.

Region 7 Jordan Rising will emerge as a leader and scorer this season and i know beulah has some talent i am just not very familiar with them.

Region 8 Nate Packineau is a good player(as is his brother but we'll see how does after his injury?) Lucas Cayko from trenton is an excellent all around player.

Sizer is doing awsome this year i think he should get it!!!!
ilove_basketball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AandBfan » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:11 pm

I think it'll be tough to keep it away from Luke Lorenz 
AandBfan

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:18 pm

i doubt sizer even gets it for the region.  district maybe but i think bakkum will get it for the region.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:20 pm

AandBfan wrote:I think it'll be tough to keep it away from Luke Lorenz 

Im assuming your responding to the I_Love_basketball guy, but Lorenz and Sizer aren't in the same region.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby AandBfan » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:22 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:

Im assuming your responding to the I_Love_basketball guy, but Lorenz and Sizer aren't in the same region.

No i was just refering to the award in general, i think with all the publicity Lorenz has received the last few years he's definately the front runner
AandBfan

Postby ndfan » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:26 pm

[user=837]AandBfan[/user] wrote:
NATURAL TALENT wrote:

No i was just refering to the award in general, i think with all the publicity Lorenz has received the last few years he's definately the front runner

I also believe Lorenz is the front runner, so what do these other guys bring to the table Lorenz doesn't that would make somebody else deserve the award and not him?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:35 pm

baseball wrote:i doubt sizer even gets it for the region.  district maybe but i think bakkum will get it for the region.

Sizer will get disctict 5, but Bakkum takes region 3. No way does Sizer beat Bakkum out for it. Bakkum is just too much of a complete player. Not to mention he plays on a pretty decent team too.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:44 pm

Could be a possibility in a couple of districts to have co-senior player of the year awards. I've seen it before and theres just so many talented players in the same districts this year that it could happen again.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:04 am

I think the voters for this award will have to see some pretty amazing stats from the other players to keep this award away from luke lorenz......we all know his credentials....IMO there are only two players who have a chance to take it from him....Packineau from parshal if they make it to state and are impressive at state....and Bakkum from Steele Dawson....for him to win it he has to keep putting up some gaudy numbers and they have to make it to state.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:39 am

Lorenz or bakkum will win it in a close race.
project-pat

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:11 pm

My vote is going to Tony IronHeart from Four Winds, Currently 1 point shy of the Thousand mark!  Too bad he is not going to get that at home.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby region1 football » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:16 pm

talkin about the 1000 pts....sizer made his this past weekend
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballer2 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:31 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:My vote is going to Tony IronHeart from Four Winds, Currently 1 point shy of the Thousand mark!  Too bad he is not going to get that at home.

Lorenz went over that mark last year...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:33 pm

bballer2 wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:My vote is going to Tony IronHeart from Four Winds, Currently 1 point shy of the Thousand mark!  Too bad he is not going to get that at home.

Is that your one-upper?  Cause It was weak! 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballer2 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:35 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:
bballer2 wrote:

lol i could go on and on at how hes the best player in class b just like everyone else has but i dont think we need to say how he is a better overall playe rthen ironheart... ironheart is good but people say the weakness of lorenzes game is scoring and well he scored 1000 points last year... and for it being weak... pretty sure u were trying to make a point on how that is a huge deal...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:56 pm

bballer2 wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
bballer2 wrote:

lol i could go on and on at how hes the best player in class b just like everyone else has but i dont think we need to say how he is a better overall playe rthen ironheart... ironheart is good but people say the weakness of lorenzes game is scoring and well he scored 1000 points last year... and for it being weak... pretty sure u were trying to make a point on how that is a huge deal...

Lorenz couldn't guard IH.  He will be in the long line of defenders who thought they could!  IronHeart had to pay his dues behind some pretty talented players before him.  They started keeping his record in HS not Grade school. 

I don't remember saying that Lorenz's scoring was his weakness!  i said he couldn't guard IH. (refer to previous paragraph)
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys