Class B Senior Player of the Year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:43 am

if he is as good as you make him sound why would he ever play behind anyone you make him sound like he should be going d1

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:05 am

cdub1 wrote:if he is as good as you make him sound why would he ever play behind anyone you make him sound like he should be going d1

well said......
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:28 am

cdub1 wrote:if he is as good as you make him sound why would he ever play behind anyone you make him sound like he should be going d1

Wow!  Might want to rephrase that or rewrite it!  It makes no sense no how!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:31 am

Indians Alumni wrote:

you make ironheart sound like a d1 prospect so if he is that good why would he play behind any player in high school

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:33 am

Indians Alumni wrote:

it actually makes alot of sense.  the way you guys talk about ironheart you make it sound like hes a God playing agasint worthless boys.  and he simply said if hes that good why would anyone play in front of him, since it was said he had to sit behind some great players.  so it does make sense and thats how!
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:37 am

this is getting out of hand. is there arny other players that we may not suspect or even know for senior player of the year? Any dark horses? I don't want to get in any lorenz-ironeart-bakkum discussions. the truth is that class b is lucky to have three great classy guys who respect the game.
PA42

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:44 am

It all started when I voted for IronHeart and said he was going to score is 1000 point.  Apparently some people in this forum, no names, you know who you are, cannot give a kid a hand, they have to try and berate other kids.  I had said nothing agains Lorenz or any other until I was forced to defend my vote and statement. 

:duel:
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:51 am

RJ Darling from Leeds-Minnewaukan is a good one. Not sure if he'll beat out Ironheart, but he's been under the radar and performing real well again this year.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby PA42 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:19 am

bylin from adams edmore and wall from lakota are a pair of kids who will not win the award for region player of the year but are both really good players.
PA42

Postby bbjay » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:39 am

Sometimes it takes a kid a little longer for him to come into his own...Ironheart has come into his own, he is the real deal..great player. I haven't seen Lorenz play in person, so I can't really comment on him.....just cause a kid played behind someone doesn't mean he's not for real...remember, Jordan got cut his sophmore year in HS...not that I'm comparing the two.....each player is probably more than deserving of the award, bar none!
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:45 am

so from the discussions, we have these kids that will likely be the representatives?

Region 1 -

Region 2 - Luke Lorenz, MPCG

Region 3 - Mark Bakkum, Steele-Dawson; Beau Sizer, Barnes County North

Region 4 - Tony Ironheart, Four Winds; R.J. Darling, Minneawukan-Leeds

Region 5 - Adam Kuntz, Standing Rock

Region 6 -

Region 7 - Jacob Wheeling, Killdeer

Region 8 - One of the Packineaus, Parshall 
Last edited by rep on Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:11 pm

bbjay wrote:Sometimes it takes a kid a little longer for him to come into his own...Ironheart has come into his own, he is the real deal..great player. I haven't seen Lorenz play in person, so I can't really comment on him.....just cause a kid played behind someone doesn't mean he's not for real...remember, Jordan got cut his sophmore year in HS...not that I'm comparing the two.....each player is probably more than deserving of the award, bar none!

jordan did not get cut his sophomore year he averaged about 25 on the jv team lol but ya i see what you mean

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ping Pong » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:19 pm

that is definately not weak at all. its a huge stat that im glad was brought up. how can u say that was weak?
Ping Pong

Postby cityleaguer » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:38 pm

Does anyone think that Jacob Wheeling deserves a shot at player of the year, It may hurt him to be playing next to Dufault but he's been starting for 4 years and is averaging in the 20's I believe? Also his team has been ranked near the top the entire year.

cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Class_B_sports » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:14 pm

Wheeling should definately get the Region 7 senior athlete, he plays clean and has a good attitude unlike Becker, Becker will be in the running but I give it to Wheeling...... as for the state there is alot of good players out there and it could come down to who leads their team to state and gets some publicity.
Class_B_sports

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:30 pm

if sitting on the bench as an 8th grader is paying your dues than tony ironheart did pay his dues but he did start in a few games as a freshman and started all games since the beginning of his sophmore year.  he was probably 4 winds best player as a sophmore but only did what he had to do and was unselfish and didnt take over games like he did last year and this year.  i will say he is the best offensive threat in the state.
Last edited by sodadrinker on Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:14 am

Congratulations to Tony IronHeart on scoring over the Thousand Point mark.  The kid also had a triple-double on Saturday in Minot, Double-Double with alot of nice passes in yesterdays game vs Lakota. 

Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:29 am

Indians Alumni wrote:Congratulations to Tony IronHeart on scoring over the Thousand Point mark.  The kid also had a triple-double on Saturday in Minot, Double-Double with alot of nice passes in yesterdays game vs Lakota. 

how close is he to breaking the school's all-time scoring mark? who holds that out of curiosity, and when did they play?
rep

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:36 am

sodadrinker wrote:if sitting on the bench as an 8th grader is paying your dues than tony ironheart did pay his dues but he did start in a few games as a freshman and started all games since the beginning of his sophmore year.  he was probably 4 winds best player as a sophmore but only did what he had to do and was unselfish and didnt take over games like he did last year and this year.  i will say he is the best offensive threat in the state.

Good point, He had some beautiful passes according to a reliable source.  I just wished I could be back there to watch more games during the week.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:21 am

rep wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:Congratulations to Tony IronHeart on scoring over the Thousand Point mark.  The kid also had a triple-double on Saturday in Minot, Double-Double with alot of nice passes in yesterdays game vs Lakota. 

how close is he to breaking the school's all-time scoring mark? who holds that out of curiosity, and when did they play?

Not Sure who has the record.  I think Fred Longie Jr, or Sean Gourd.  I will get back to you on this one!
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:17 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
rep wrote:

Not Sure who has the record.  I think Fred Longie Jr, or Sean Gourd.  I will get back to you on this one!

just got off the horn with rick smith. he says it was dale alberts, a 1995 graduate. ironheart has 1,008 points right now and is 237-ish points away from the record. which i'm thinking would put him at the record if he continues scoring 22 a night, somewhere at the start of the region tourney or end of the district tourney.
Last edited by rep on Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby cardinal10 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:33 am

rep wrote:it is an ndhsaa award...it is what they feel is easiest to justify that minute

No it is not an ndhsaa award.  It is a Coaches Assoc. award.  Each district has their coaches nominate a player and then each Region's coaches decides their player.  All coaches then have a ballot of the 8 Region winners and they vote.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbb » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:47 am

bakkum.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:48 am

beau sizer/bcn
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center