Class B Senior Player of the Year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:04 am

Na. Packineau looks like a good bet, averaging 1/2 of an assist shy of a triple-double.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:42 am

Luke Lorenz, Mark Bakkum, Tony Ironheart are three that will probably be in the running

That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:18 pm

Good question, some people are overlooking regions other than 2 and 8.

Region 1 there is not one superior player but if i had to pick Justin Dunn Northern Cass and Tyler Johnson from Kindred

Region 2 I think this is a given to luke lorenz but if something happened the dark horses are aaron delvo cv, mondy or enger from m-m.

Region 3 I think this region gets a lot of crap for having little talent but two of the best scorers in the state are here in bakkum and sizer

Region 4 Nick Bylin is a dominant center and Cory Wall is a proven scorer. RJ Darling is a solid player and will probably come away with this one. Tony Ironheart is a great athlete and can flat out play.

Region 5 Adam Kuntz might lead standing rock to state.

Region 6 Matt Foster from Bottineau is an all arounder player and adam hunt from dunseith can flat out score.

Region 7 Jordan Rising will emerge as a leader and scorer this season and i know beulah has some talent i am just not very familiar with them.

Region 8 Nate Packineau is a good player(as is his brother but we'll see how does after his injury?) Lucas Cayko from trenton is an excellent all around player.

Last edited by PA42 on Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:44 pm

horne98 wrote:Region 4 Nick Bylin is a dominant center and Cory Wall is a proven scorer. RJ Darling is a solid player and will probably come away with this one.
Region 7 Jordan Rising will emerge as a leader and scorer this season and chad marshall from hazen has a lot of upside.

Bylin and Wall will never get it over Darling or Ironheart. Those two along with Scott Tweed at Wells County would be your best bet.

Marshall is only a soph.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby player22 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:08 pm

casey becker from bealuh is a possibility from region 7. he's a very good player.
player22

Postby letsgosox » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:22 pm

horne98 wrote:Good question, some people are overlooking regions other than 2 and 8.

Region 1 there is not one superior player but if i had to pick Justin Dunn Northern Cass and Tyler Johnson from Kindred

Region 2 I think this is a given to luke lorenz but if something happened the dark horses are aaron delvo cv, mondy or enger from m-m.

Region 3 I think this region gets a lot of crap for having little talent but two of the best scorers in the state are here in bakkum and sizer

Region 4 Nick Bylin is a dominant center and Cory Wall is a proven scorer. RJ Darling is a solid player and will probably come away with this one.

Region 5 Adam Kuntz might lead standing rock to state.

Region 6 Matt Foster from Bottineau is an all arounder player and adam hunt from dunseith can flat out score.

Region 7 Jordan Rising will emerge as a leader and scorer this season and chad marshall from hazen has a lot of upside.

Region 8 Nate Packineau is a good player(as is his brother but we'll see how does after his injury?) Lucas Cayko from trenton is an excellent all around player.

For region 7 there is no way that Jordan Rising will get senior player of the year. Have you even seen him play? I think that Jacob Wheeling or Thomas Burke will be the favorites out of region 7
letsgosox

Postby baller01 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:04 pm

Bakkum is a gimme in region 3. He is unreal. I really don't know how people can say he's overrated. Not only does he scores but passes extremely well and rebounds. His defense is not amazing like Lorenz but still is very good. I think his chances will increase if he can take the Pirates deep into the season. I think just like Na. Packineau is close to a triple double, I think Bakkum needs an assist or two to average a triple-double.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfootball06 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:24 pm

is lorenz a for sure pick in region 2? or can someone with big numbers like justin moe give him a run for his money? park river has an above average team this year but is what mayports done in the past lock it up for lorenz?
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:38 pm

letsgosox wrote:[user=1468]horne98[/user] wrote:
For region 7 there is no way that Jordan Rising will get senior player of the year. Have you even seen him play? I think that Jacob Wheeling or Thomas Burke will be the favorites out of region 7

Finally, some respect for Jacob Wheeling. If it doesn't go to him, then there is something wrong. Casey Becker would be a good choice, however, I believe only having one year in Class B will hurt him. I'd vote for Wheeling if I had a vote!! Killdeer might just have the team to come out of Region 7. They beat a tough Watford City team tonight
ndfbfan

Postby baller01 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:43 pm

Wheeling is a much better player then Burke imo.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby AandBfan » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:51 pm

Sizer has been putting up some good numbers - double doubles all year.
Last edited by AandBfan on Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
AandBfan

Postby rep » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:01 pm

AandBfan wrote:you guys kill me,Sizer been playing double teamed,triple teamed since he's been a soph 6'4 skinny 170 and still scores 25 a nite plus 17 boards ask any coach who do you stop if you can to beat bcn

how many times was he fouled against midkota? i think the Mustangs had 25 fouls or something like that on tuesday?
rep

Postby NDdominator » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:23 pm

Tanner Friesen will be Region 5 senior athlete suprising alot of people he'll come into his own and lead shiloh to atleast a top 4 region finish
NDdominator

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:12 am

in region 2 it's not going to be anyone from midway-minto. how can you be the senior athlete of your region when you're not even the senior athlete of your team. lorenz is the favorite, that's for sure, but there could be some people come on late in the season... moe is a good possibility.
thesports_guy32

Postby radar » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:47 am

AandBfan wrote: Sizer has been putting up some good numbers - double doubles all year.

jamie mauch of region 1 would have sizer and wheeling and bakum and lorenz for lunch any day every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by radar on Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby rkmt » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:18 am

Mauch's a stud.  However, this  thread is about seniors, and Mauch is a junior, isn't he? 
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:42 am

Mauch's a good player, but i'm not sure if he's having those players for lunch.  Those are some pretty darn good players that you mentioned radar. 
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:14 am

radar wrote:
AandBfan wrote: Sizer has been putting up some good numbers - double doubles all year.

jamie mauch of region 1 would have sizer and wheeling and bakum and lorenz for lunch any day every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could dominate in district 1 too! Just not the best of competition. He is an athlete there is no way he cold defend sizer or bakkum. He is not an all-around player like ironheart or even darling. And he couldn't score double digits vrs. lorenz. He's a good player but not great yet.
PA42

Postby ND_Coach » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:21 am

What about Logan Peterson from North Sargent in Region 1.  He and Mauch had a pretty good duel the other night.  I'm not sure of his exact stats but Peterson is probally around 15 points, 8 boards, and 3-5 assists a game.  I know he has had a few nights where he went for 20+
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ticket0115 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:51 am

There is now way Tanner Friesen will be region 5 athlete of the year he is good but Adam Kuntz is alot better and plays on a team that will go deeper into the region.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsgosox » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:09 am

radar wrote:

You may want to look at the region he is competing in. Jacob Wheeling is putting up 20+ a night in a district that has 4 teams in the top 10. Do some research before you make a statement like that
letsgosox

Postby radar » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:22 pm

letsgosox wrote:
radar wrote:

You may want to look at the region he is competing in. Jacob Wheeling is putting up 20+ a night in a district that has 4 teams in the top 10. Do some research before you make a statement like that
i dont need to research a thing, region 1&2 play  the game the right way and even at a jr, mauch is the top player in the state and lorenz is a distant second
Last edited by radar on Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:29 pm

ticket0115 wrote:There is now way Tanner Friesen will be region 5 athlete of the year he is good but Adam Kuntz is alot better and plays on a team that will go deeper into the region.

I agree, Kuntz should be the senior athlete of the year in region 5.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:27 pm

[user=1314]radar[/user] wrote:
i dont need to research a thing, region 1&2 play  the game the right way and even at a jr, mauch is the top player in the state and lorenz is a distant second

jamie mauch is a very good player, i would say he is the fifth best player in the state. he is not at the level of lorenz, bakkum, na. packineau, or tony ironheart. senior of the year award will be a three man race between ironheart-lorenz-na. packineau.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:59 pm

Take it from someone who isn't in region 1 or 2. Mauch is a very good player, but to say he puts a guy who has help lead his team to two state tournaments, was the ONLY junior to be named 1st team all-state last year, and plays argueably the top defense in the state, in a distant second, is totally wrong. Mauch is good, but Lorenz is great.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys