HCV - Thompson I

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

HCV - Thompson I

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:52 am

Who wins at Thompson next Friday?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Re: HCV - Thompson I

Postby packers21 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:01 am

I’ll take the tommies
Last edited by packers21 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby d_fense » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:50 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:Who wins at Thompson next Friday?

The game is actually this Friday.

I was surprised by Thompson's loss out in Minot. Dropping a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter makes me think they have a ways to go. That is expected early in the season, but it is enough for me to switch my pick from Thompson, to Hillsboro. I'll take HCV by 4-8 points.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby moverandshaker » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:27 am

d_fense wrote:

I was surprised by Thompson's loss out in Minot. Dropping a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter makes me think they have a ways to go. That is expected early in the season, but it is enough for me to switch my pick from Thompson, to Hillsboro. I'll take HCV by 4-8 points.

I went to Minot to watch what I thought would be great Class B ball, didn't really care who the winner was. What I saw was a terrible example of officiating, I've never in my life see officials take over a game like they did with that game. The officiating was junior high level at best. Before all you nay sayers jump on the bandwagon and say suit up, I have no desire to suit up and these officials should not either. If these two teams meet again in a neutral arena (Bismark), Thompson throttles them. There is no doubt that Thompson is the way better team.
moverandshaker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:53 am

moverandshaker wrote:
d_fense wrote:

I went to Minot to watch what I thought would be great Class B ball, didn't really care who the winner was. What I saw was a terrible example of officiating, I've never in my life see officials take over a game like they did with that game. The officiating was junior high level at best. Before all you nay sayers jump on the bandwagon and say suit up, I have no desire to suit up and these officials should not either. If these two teams meet again in a neutral arena (Bismark), Thompson throttles them. There is no doubt that Thompson is the way better team.

I would believe this....never in my life have I seen "take overs" by officials as I have in the last few years
example: lets say end of first quarter one team has 7 fouls the other has 1....halftime rolls around both teams have 8 fouls.....but it was the lopsidedness in the beginning that changed the whole game...
same scenario can happen in the beginning of the second half....my Dad used to always say its harder to to knock off the champion or the "expected better team" because they are already 10 points ahead before the bell or the buzzer/whistle....there should be no such thing as "the expected better team" in HS Ball because that can take away from what we call an Upset...right?......with that said I still think Tommies playing full strength and HCV playing full strength with square officiating if you will, is going to be a good game... in my mind I think HCV will be the Victor.... :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby spins » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:47 pm

I was also at the Ryan/Thompson game. I don't think you're giving Ryan enough credit for winning that game.
The momentum switched when Thompson got called for a technical ( which was deserved). Thompson shooting went cold and that was it.

I left there thinking if that wasn't Thompsons 2nd game in two days, that outcome may have been different.
I also left there thinking if Thompson had a legit 3ball threat, they would easy be the best team in the state.

I felt like the east was the powerhouse this season, despite Stanleys #1 ranking, but i was honestly expecting more.
Not overly impressed by St. Johns in the win, Carrington loses by 10 to an unranked DLB team. Thompson loses to Ryan.
spins
NDPreps Starter

Postby theoldman » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:50 pm

It is just St. John.
theoldman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Superfly » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:43 pm

I’ll take HCV by 10
Superfly
NDPreps Rookie

Postby packers21 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:37 pm

The one thing HCV has is a better big man, Camrud is a monster and might be my fav player in the state.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:55 pm

packers21 wrote:The one thing HCV has is a better big man, Camrud is a monster and might be my fav player in the state.

Camrud is a man among boys on the boards, but it appears Hegg has pretty much been scoring at will this year. That'll be a good matchup. Overby isn't anybody to sneeze at either. Thompson is a rare team that has some size to match up with HCV.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys