upset

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby point/center » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:32 am

LaMoure loses to Lisbon last night? is that an upset?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:37 am

Debateable I spose. Both decent teams. To say LoBoes overated is not a big statement. They were at this time. To write them off would be a HUGE mistake.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:38 am

not writing them off, but kind of surprised they lost to Lisbon, granted Lisbon has a great team. but Loboes were supposed to be really stacked

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:28 am

LaMoure is still finding their identity. They haven't played up to their potential yet, i don't think. Caleb Shockman is still getting used to not having Arndt in there to help him out. Donny Schrader is still getting used to playing Lamoure ball, and this is Ben Watkins 1st year with significant playing time so he'll have to come around. Kyle Brandenburg is just trying too hard to prove something to LaMoure fans, which he doesnt need to do, so after Christmas would be the best time to tell if they are overrated, which i don't think they are. Just give them time to gel with 6 players that have either not played much at the varsity level or are new to LaMoure's team.

As for the Lisbon game, i think Lisbon hit some shots they wouldn't normally hit and LaMoure couldn't make anything. They also missed too many easy shots (around 4 layups, and about 3 wide open 3's that i can remember)
Last edited by basketballer on Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby rep » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:26 am

SCC wrote:What's Lisbon's record after their win last night?

lisbon is 3-0 (2-0 vs. district 5, 1-0 vs. district 1)
rep

Postby PA42 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:25 am

congratulations to lisbon they are full of class. i'm look forward to when they battle mpcg. i would pay just to see carlbloom vrs. lorenz.
PA42

Postby baller01 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:34 pm

LaMoure lost to Carrington tonight by 16. I think its safe to say LaMoure is having trouble finding their identity. Don't count these guys out yet, they will be very solid come tournament time.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballer2 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:02 pm

baller01 wrote:LaMoure lost to Carrington tonight by 16. I think its safe to say LaMoure is having trouble finding their identity. Don't count these guys out yet, they will be very solid come tournament time.

anybody have the keys on the game... what did carrington do successfully to make an upset... did they stall? or did they just out play them
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:09 pm

bballer2 wrote:
baller01 wrote:LaMoure lost to Carrington tonight by 16. I think its safe to say LaMoure is having trouble finding their identity. Don't count these guys out yet, they will be very solid come tournament time.

anybody have the keys on the game... what did carrington do successfully to make an upset... did they stall? or did they just out play them

by the looks of the score it doesn't look like they stalled much, they put up 69 points
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby footballplayer » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:16 pm

I think its safe to say they are overrated.
footballplayer

Postby One For All » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:44 pm

basketballer wrote:LaMoure is still finding their identity. They haven't played up to their potential yet, i don't think. Caleb Shockman is still getting used to not having Arndt in there to help him out. Donny Schrader is still getting used to playing Lamoure ball, and this is Ben Watkins 1st year with significant playing time so he'll have to come around. Kyle Brandenburg is just trying too hard to prove something to LaMoure fans, which he doesnt need to do, so after Christmas would be the best time to tell if they are overrated, which i don't think they are. Just give them time to gel with 6 players that have either not played much at the varsity level or are new to LaMoure's team.

As for the Lisbon game, i think Lisbon hit some shots they wouldn't normally hit and LaMoure couldn't make anything. They also missed too many easy shots (around 4 layups, and about 3 wide open 3's that i can remember)

i have to agree with basketballer..he makes a good point
One For All

Postby bballuvr » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:59 am

Loboes are struggling is an understatement. The ability on the team is more than there, but they are basically running into each other on offense. I think they are a little shellshocked at this time. It will be interesting to see how they respond. I'm sure their confidence is shaken. They have a long way to go. They are way off the radar screen at this time. As of today they are probably not in the mix in the top of Region 3.

They went from a fair to a very solid team last year. I guess we'll see much they can come along this year.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:10 am

i'd hate to be the coach on that team with all that talent and trying to put it all together. not many fans/parents give alot of cushion to produce with marginal talent let along a stacked team like the Loboes

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:30 am

bballer2 wrote:

Carrington scored literally about 3/4 of their points on fastbreak lay-ups and second chance opportunities. Carrington just flat out worked and hustled Lamoure.
Last edited by basketballer on Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby bballuvr » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:38 am

Thats sums up things pretty well basketballer.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby berry186 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:50 pm

well LaMoure plays LMM today at LMM so we will see if they can rebound get back to playing ball
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby region1 football » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:54 pm

Lmm won over Lamoure tonight 61-60 i think it was...it was around there ...but lmm won by one point.  Schockman had a tough game fouling out right away in the 3rd and sat most of the first half. Holen had an incredible night again hitting most of his shots...but he did miss the final shot
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:00 pm

region1 football wrote:Lmm won over Lamoure tonight 61-60 i think it was...it was around there ...but lmm won by one point.  Schockman had a tough game fouling out right away in the 3rd and sat most of the first half. Holen had an incredible night again hitting most of his shots...but he did miss the final shot

looks like ben watkins had a good night, probably the best night he's had in high school with 22 points and three three-pointers.

cory rodin had 19 for lmm, trent brandvold 11 and shane hendrickson and ethan rode both had 10.

the one score that surprised me was troy brown had just three points, a three-pointer in the fourth quarter? for such a big kid, i would think a lot of their offense would run through him...why no points?
rep

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:04 pm

LaMoure played Brown pretty tough tonight in their zone defense, LMM just stuggled to get him the ball, and he took mid range jumpers that he couldnt get to fall. 
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:06 pm

who had the game-winning shot for lmm?
rep

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:10 pm

Ethan Rode, the rebels got the ball with about 30 seconds to go, and the lost it over in the corner, and brandenburg got it on the floor, and rolled over and was called for the travel, and then they dumped it inside to Ethan Rode and he backed down, and shot high on the glass and it hung on the iron forever, and then dropped in.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndpreps » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:10 pm

Ethan Rode a Junior, really stepped it up in the game with 10 points.
ndpreps
NDPreps Reserve

Postby region1 football » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:23 pm

The whole team did an excellent job. soph chad limesand came in there and did anexcellent job off the bench along with jeff vogel.. And brown didnt have much cuzz of lamoures defense...he would be open for a few seconds but not enough time to get the ballinto him in the post.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsguy2 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:27 pm

rebels win despite leading for 2.6 seconds.... now thats clutch
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:30 pm

They fought back after being down many times, the most by 12 points in the first half. They finished off a good run to end the first half, and then they were down by around 6-10 the whole 2nd half and fought back.  Never gave up.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys