upset

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:58 pm

now whos going to step up and argue LaMoure isnt overrated?  losing 3 in a row, and to a team who last year tappen beat for their first win in like 12 years.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:02 pm

who's the team that beat tappen for their first win in like 12 years????
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby region1 football » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:03 pm

lol the rebels...and they beat em to go on in dist. i belive to make the championship night
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:06 pm

Pretty sure LMM never lost to Tappen.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:19 pm

hoopsstar2391 wrote:Pretty sure LMM never lost to Tappen.

pretty sure i was talking about Carrington.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:25 pm

What is the deal with LaMoure? Lisbon is a good team but Carringtong and LMM are nothing too special. I didn't see 3 straight losses for the Lobes. I wasn't sure if they would lose 3 games all year long.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:32 pm

i don't mean to jump on one kid, please don't take it that way. but i think that shockman meant so much to that team down the stretch and right now he just isn't producing. the kid hit 60 percent of his shots last year and that is more or less pretty amazing production for a kid that played from the paint all the way to the three-point line.

if last year turns out to be like this year, but the end of the season he will be averaging 20 pts and 12 boards a game. but right now he seems to be just kinda finding his groove.

also, i think maybe now people are appreciating what michael arndt meant to lamoure. a lot of people said he was only big and didn't have much basketball talent, but what arndt did he did pretty well and that was be a beast defensively. essentially he eliminated any shot within about six to eight feet of the basket.

and with a couple of transfers, there might be kids trying to do more than they can/should...who knows? take everything i say with a grain of salt, i haven't seen them play yet this year.

definately too early to write them off, but i think losing tonight is probably cause to evaluate what the heck is going on/wrong.
rep

Postby baller01 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:36 pm

i agree with you rep, arndt made it very difficult for teams to score inside the lane, he was a bigger part of that team defensively then offensively. shockman has the ability to score like arndt did but definsively he will not be able to because ardnt had shockmans size and almost 100 pounds.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby mdk23 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:41 pm

Enough of the asking "What is happening to LaMoure?" They are losing. And to teams who are working their tails off. How about we give some credit to those other teams instead of asking what went wrong with Lamoure. As we have all seen now, LaMoure is not as "almighty" as we all thought they were gonna be. I'd just like to see the other teams get some credit here too.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." Michael Jordan
mdk23
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:00 pm

mdk23 wrote:Enough of the asking "What is happening to LaMoure?" They are losing. And to teams who are working their tails off. How about we give some credit to those other teams instead of asking what went wrong with Lamoure. As we have all seen now, LaMoure is not as "almighty" as we all thought they were gonna be. I'd just like to see the other teams get some credit here too.

i dont tihnk anyone is taking credit away from these teams but its about the guys who thought LaMoure would just roll through the season.  kind of saying "whats with losing, the way u guys were talkin you should be winning these 3 games by an average of 25 pints."
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:45 pm

Three Upsets recently

Fordville Lankin hasn't played a "varsity" schedule since the 2002-2003 season.  They're games count as varsity games every year but most teams bring their jv's against them and get their varsity players another meaningful game on the schedule. 

saturday night fordville beat cavalier for their first district win in 4 seasons. monday night they beat drayton st. thomas by 3.  so right now fordville lankin is number 1 in the district with a 2-0 conference record and three points.  I don't expect this to last too long but it's still quite interesting to think about.  They have a really good player in Devin Sticha, put up 28 against cavalier and i know cavalier is down but 28 points is 28 points.  i dont know what he had tonight against drayton but im sure it was quite a few. 

Midway-Minto lost tonight in overtime to Hatton-Northwood, a team this poster didn't think would be that good because of ignorance, i didn't know what they had coming back after losing so much last year.  Hatton-Northwood is a team that LOST to Drayton-St. Thomas.  See what im getting at here... Fordville-Lankin should beat Midway-Minto! haha, just kidding but that's the way it would look to someone who didn't know about these teams. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:53 am

baller01 wrote:What is the deal with LaMoure? Lisbon is a good team but Carringtong and LMM are nothing too special. I didn't see 3 straight losses for the Lobes. I wasn't sure if they would lose 3 games all year long.

I think Edgeley has just as many victories as LaMoure? Wonder if some Loboes might  be looking to transfer to Edgeley next year?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:41 am

well said Rep. Shockman finally came to play Monday. He was working hard again and looking to score. Unfortunately for him, he played maybe 8-9 minutes total. He got jobbed on his 4th foul. Excellent help defense and stayed on the floor. Bad call. But, it is his fault he was in trouble. 2nd and 3rd fouls were silly. That's on him.

LMM deserves much credit. They were ready. LaMoure has to learn to work clock. They didn't late first half and didn't with less than 3 mins. and up 8 or 9.

One thought is that the players didn't do any hoopster rankings, nor did they do any poll rankings. That was preseason stuff, and the players actually haven't earned anything this year. They are 2-3 and that's the deal. They have 2 returning starters, a 6th man from last year, a senior player that has never played on a winning team, and a junior player that due to injury,etc., hasn't played much ball at all his Fresh and Soph season, and a couple guys trying to round out a 7-8 man rotation who have little or no varsity experience. If I was a pollster, that sounds about like a 3-4 team in the district, a 6-7 team in the region and a 40-45 team in the state. Now we will see if they can actually earn anything on their own. They might be 8-11, 12-7, 16-3 at district time. Who knows? It'll be interesting. If I was their coach, I'd be pretty excited to be in the gym with those kids working this thing out. If they all busted their butts the next 2-3 months, and I worked hard, I bet we'd finish up in a pretty nice spot somewhere.

Nice time at the Christmas break to do some soul searching and see what you can do to turn things around. Might happen might not.

PS: LMM admisitrators, please get a wood floor!
Last edited by bballuvr on Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:26 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Three Upsets recently

Fordville Lankin hasn't played a "varsity" schedule since the 2002-2003 season.  They're games count as varsity games every year but most teams bring their jv's against them and get their varsity players another meaningful game on the schedule. 

saturday night fordville beat cavalier for their first district win in 4 seasons. monday night they beat drayton st. thomas by 3.  so right now fordville lankin is number 1 in the district with a 2-0 conference record and three points.  I don't expect this to last too long but it's still quite interesting to think about.  They have a really good player in Devin Sticha, put up 28 against cavalier and i know cavalier is down but 28 points is 28 points.  i dont know what he had tonight against drayton but im sure it was quite a few. 

Midway-Minto lost tonight in overtime to Hatton-Northwood, a team this poster didn't think would be that good because of ignorance, i didn't know what they had coming back after losing so much last year.  Hatton-Northwood is a team that LOST to Drayton-St. Thomas.  See what im getting at here... Fordville-Lankin should beat Midway-Minto! haha, just kidding but that's the way it would look to someone who didn't know about these teams. 

i am glad that fordville get back to being competitive in class b varsity basketball. Both Sticha and Mike Forester are good player and i think they have enough around to win a couple more games. i'm not saying they are going win regionals or even make regionals but they deserving credit for working hard and bringing the flyers back to credibility.
PA42

Previous

Return to Boys