Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby winner-within » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:42 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
vikingman wrote:Run --
How did you correctly assume that a 9-0 vs a 1-8 was going to be the 'Game of the night'? Is CC that much better than their record indicates?


Central Cass is a scary team...they are just young and a little inexperienced right now. Was it not a close, good game??

Didn't expect Cavalier to upset Grafton so I was slightly off...


the way I read it Run, is he is saying you were correct in you prediction/assumption.....not that it matters at all though......
I saw the highlights of the Richland game and that was a great game....the game in Grafton was a battle too.

there will be many more battles in R1 & R2 this season!

:)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4758
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:02 pm

Oak Grove travels to Richland on Monday night among many other games across the two regions.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14383
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:28 pm

Well..... it sounds like you can count Richland out of the race. WOW.
maddog1971
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby bingobangobongo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:56 pm

maddog1971 wrote:Well..... it sounds like you can count Richland out of the race. WOW.


Careful about posting anything about this, or you will have your post removed, similar to how mine was removed when posting about this topic a few days ago.
bingobangobongo
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:52 am

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:43 pm

Rule 9 for the site...watch what is said. Media has made things public but several details have not been stated and have no business being mentioned here. Let the investigation happen...anything made public by the news stays off the boards. Just follow the news story away from here!
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14383
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:24 am

thank you
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:18 am

I just stated that I don't think Richland will make it to state in the region. I really like the team and they still have really good kids left. They beat Kindred last night. I stated no rumors.
Oak Grove is the front runner. I was excited to see the Colts take them down. IMO
maddog1971
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby winner-within » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:05 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Rule 9 for the site...watch what is said. Media has made things public but several details have not been stated and have no business being mentioned here. Let the investigation happen...anything made public by the news stays off the boards. Just follow the news story away from here!


when a post is deleted by a Mod than an explanation of why should be posted, not just deleted
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4758
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:15 pm

winner-within wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Rule 9 for the site...watch what is said. Media has made things public but several details have not been stated and have no business being mentioned here. Let the investigation happen...anything made public by the news stays off the boards. Just follow the news story away from here!


when a post is deleted by a Mod than an explanation of why should be posted, not just deleted


For this situation, I think it’s self-explanatory...these are kids and there are rumors ‘flying’ out that haven’t been released from Sheriff’s department yet. This situation is nothing like we’ve dealt with in ND before and we don’t need slandering of any student-athlete(s) on this site. Follow the site rules while discussing this matter in the future. When all information comes out...please remember the site rules and anything crossing those lines are most likely to be deleted. Remember: this is definitely a sensitive issue!
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14383
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby winner-within » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:46 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Rule 9 for the site...watch what is said. Media has made things public but several details have not been stated and have no business being mentioned here. Let the investigation happen...anything made public by the news stays off the boards. Just follow the news story away from here!


when a post is deleted by a Mod than an explanation of why should be posted, not just deleted


For this situation, I think it’s self-explanatory...these are kids and there are rumors ‘flying’ out that haven’t been released from Sheriff’s department yet. This situation is nothing like we’ve dealt with in ND before and we don’t need slandering of any student-athlete(s) on this site. Follow the site rules while discussing this matter in the future. When all information comes out...please remember the site rules and anything crossing those lines are most likely to be deleted. Remember: this is definitely a sensitive issue!


extremely sensitive....and I think the media has jumped the gun on putting things out there, but that is today's world and there is nothing one can do about it...personally I do not know how many posts have been deleted on the topic....I just know of the one in reference to the score of The Oak G and Rich game and that some players may not be playing

I will go on to say that I hope that all gets resolved and that justice prevails....this Forum I believe gets probably 40% of its posts from the southeast corner of the State (R1) and then the rest of the State kicks in so it hits home right on this forum for many, so it is important that there is respect given where respect is due....obviously it is also important to recognize any situation for the simple fact that can help prevent one...

side note off the Richland topic:
for me it is obvious when a post on here comes from one of our youth of the State but I've always felt that is what built this forum in the beginning of Social Media..... so I feel it is important to embrace those posts (if they follow the rules) vs ridicule or point out that they may be a player on a particular team or so on and so forth and chase them away to twitter or snap or whatever....

this forum is not a classroom attached to any school, it is a forum open to members of all ages and is a great resource for info and knowledge etc etc....so stay open minded elders, teachers and coaches
Last edited by winner-within on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4758
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby bingobangobongo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:00 pm

maddog1971 wrote:I just stated that I don't think Richland will make it to state in the region. I really like the team and they still have really good kids left. They beat Kindred last night. I stated no rumors.
Oak Grove is the front runner. I was excited to see the Colts take them down. IMO


Agreed, I was hoping for a Richland/Oak Grove regional championship. The Grovers are now the clear favorite to come out of R1, so it seems it will be a big upset if they get knocked off. Oak Grove vs. The Field? I'll take Oak Grove.
bingobangobongo
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:52 am

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:29 am

1) Oak Grove - by a fair margin
2) Wyndmere/Lidgerwood
3) Richland (2 & 3 probably interchangeable)
4) Maple Valley (considerable drop from 3 to 4 IMO)
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 pm

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:41 pm

anyone at the maple valley game last night, what happen there
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:43 pm

Heard MV couldn’t make anything all night (2 after 1st Q, 11 at the Half). WL took advantage of the poor shooting
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14383
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:03 pm

I haven't seen Maple Valley play this year - however I've seen several teams on their schedule and these teams played them tight which leads to my opinion of they being a ways back from the top 3 in region 1.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 pm

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:21 pm

Richland needs there crew back to be in the mix, hopefully shortly
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:46 pm

In region 2, i'd go:
1) HCV
2) Thompson
3) Grafton
4) Midway-Minto (played HCV and Thompson both close last week)

--Flip the coin on HCV and Thompson. I do feel like they are the top 2 teams - I feel they'll each beat Grafton by 10 or so.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 pm

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby winner-within » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:21 am

I think W/L could win R1, riding a big high off 9-man champs and some very dedicated fans (thats key)
I figured they would win vs MV but not that big....Kindred could surprise....Richland? don't know circumstances or ramifications so not sure if in the mix...Oak Grove? I think they have been to State 20 years in a row....

R2? its not that its wide-open, or anymore wide-open than R1 but I feel it is more about who peaks, who's healthy, who gets the support from hometown.....HCV has the Hardware (#1 in State last season) that supports confidence....they have the 11 man champs in thier back pocket, they have BB oriented administration....they have big numbers with enrollment...and they have seniors like W/L....hard to go back 2 years in a row with all said though....

R2 will boil down to grit....
Last edited by winner-within on Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4758
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby B-oldtimer » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:30 am

Also region 2 will be interesting come regional time. You have Hillsboro/Cv and Thompson the big 2 in the region but you also have to look next four teams at least in the region because if above two teams look to far ahead on of these teams on given night they could pull upset especially if some these teams are peaking right at tournament time. Usually there's upset someplace along the line and all it takes one off night your season may end. sounds corny but it happens.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby Rivershark » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:37 am

B-oldtimer wrote:Also region 2 will be interesting come regional time. You have Hillsboro/Cv and Thompson the big 2 in the region but you also have to look next four teams at least in the region because if above two teams look to far ahead on of these teams on given night they could pull upset especially if some these teams are peaking right at tournament time. Usually there's upset someplace along the line and all it takes one off night your season may end. sounds corny but it happens.


The upset almost happened tonight as HCV squeaked out a close one against PRFL 65-62. Henningsgard throws up a 3-pointer off the backboard in the last seconds for the win. HCV got the win, but PRFL had it taken away from them by some really crappy calls by the officials. Seriously, where do they find these guys. They should be forced to watch the video replay of the game. HCV fans would be crazy if they didn't agree.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby ND Sports Fan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:31 am

To quote Dennis Green, Central Cass "is who we thought they were". Meaning, they are undiciplined, young, lack scoring punch, and lack direction. This appears to be a team that shows promise but doesn't deliver. They continue to show basic fundamental flaws that should ha e been easily correctable by now. At some point, you are what your record indicates. Their lack of structure and in game adjustments point to more than a talent deficiency.
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:13 am

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:17 am

Rivershark wrote:
B-oldtimer wrote:Also region 2 will be interesting come regional time. You have Hillsboro/Cv and Thompson the big 2 in the region but you also have to look next four teams at least in the region because if above two teams look to far ahead on of these teams on given night they could pull upset especially if some these teams are peaking right at tournament time. Usually there's upset someplace along the line and all it takes one off night your season may end. sounds corny but it happens.


The upset almost happened tonight as HCV squeaked out a close one against PRFL 65-62. Henningsgard throws up a 3-pointer off the backboard in the last seconds for the win. HCV got the win, but PRFL had it taken away from them by some really crappy calls by the officials. Seriously, where do they find these guys. They should be forced to watch the video replay of the game. HCV fans would be crazy if they didn't agree.


I was thinking PRFL would match up well with HCV ...A.Z. for PRFL is playing real well as of late (they Beat Grafton last night)
Park River/F-L 61,
Grafton 55
PAR 23 7 12 19 --61
GRA 13 12 15 15 --55

Park River/Fordville-Lankin—Ian Helgeson 3, Bryce Wood 7, Spencer Skavhaug 2, Nathan Zavalney 2, Jace Jehlicka 20, Adam Zavalney 27

so point being that R2 is vulnerable and February early March should shake down interestingly....

Cavalier gave Thompson all they wanted last night...

so PRFL has beat Graf
Cav has beat Graf
HCV has beat Thom
PRFL loses to Thom to a last second 3
Cav has beat PRFL
MM has beat Cav
HN has beat Cav
MM was leading against Thom at half

side note
Thom beats FW
FW beats HCV

been a pretty good mix!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4758
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby leroybla » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:10 pm

ND Sports Fan wrote:To quote Dennis Green, Central Cass "is who we thought they were". Meaning, they are undiciplined, young, lack scoring punch, and lack direction. This appears to be a team that shows promise but doesn't deliver. They continue to show basic fundamental flaws that should ha e been easily correctable by now. At some point, you are what your record indicates. Their lack of structure and in game adjustments point to more than a talent deficiency.

It's important to remember that Central Cass starts 2 freshmen, 2 sophomores and a junior, against last night's opponent that started 4 (large) seniors and a freshman. CC has only one senior on the roster. And youthful players aren't as strong or as experienced, and are entitled to a bad game. When CC shoots well (they didn't last nite) they can be competitive.
leroybla
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby pterodactyl5 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:54 pm

winner-within wrote:
Rivershark wrote:
B-oldtimer wrote:Also region 2 will be interesting come regional time. You have Hillsboro/Cv and Thompson the big 2 in the region but you also have to look next four teams at least in the region because if above two teams look to far ahead on of these teams on given night they could pull upset especially if some these teams are peaking right at tournament time. Usually there's upset someplace along the line and all it takes one off night your season may end. sounds corny but it happens.


The upset almost happened tonight as HCV squeaked out a close one against PRFL 65-62. Henningsgard throws up a 3-pointer off the backboard in the last seconds for the win. HCV got the win, but PRFL had it taken away from them by some really crappy calls by the officials. Seriously, where do they find these guys. They should be forced to watch the video replay of the game. HCV fans would be crazy if they didn't agree.


I was thinking PRFL would match up well with HCV ...A.Z. for PRFL is playing real well as of late (they Beat Grafton last night)
Park River/F-L 61,
Grafton 55
PAR 23 7 12 19 --61
GRA 13 12 15 15 --55

Park River/Fordville-Lankin—Ian Helgeson 3, Bryce Wood 7, Spencer Skavhaug 2, Nathan Zavalney 2, Jace Jehlicka 20, Adam Zavalney 27

so point being that R2 is vulnerable and February early March should shake down interestingly....

Cavalier gave Thompson all they wanted last night...

so PRFL has beat Graf
Cav has beat Graf
HCV has beat Thom
PRFL loses to Thom to a last second 3
Cav has beat PRFL
MM has beat Cav
HN has beat Cav
MM was leading against Thom at half

side note
Thom beats FW
FW beats HCV

been a pretty good mix!

Park River lost to HCV on a last second 3. PRFL plays thompson Feb 15
pterodactyl5
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:34 pm

Re: Region 1 and 2 Predictions

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:07 pm

yep knew that....my fault on the typo :D

any team that plays PRFL in the State right now is going to have trouble with their length and ability to rebound....its there shooting that is coming around and Skavhaug is settling in after missing his entire Jr. year
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4758
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests