Region 7 Preview

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 7 Preview

Postby The Schwab » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Region 7 Predictions from Hoopster- Thoughts are my own

1. Beulah- Beulah will be the odds on favorite to win the Region. Picked 2nd in state. Their up-tempo, in your face style of play is tough to handle if you lack depth. They are very well coached, always play hard.

2. Hettinger Scranton- They have the only returning All-Stater from Region 7 in Kludt, he makes everyone else around him better. They will have no trouble scoring. If they can improve on the defensive end and be able to hold their own on the boards they will give Beulah a challenge.

3. Dickinson Trinity- Return some nice pieces, lost some really key components. They are very well coached and will always be a tough out come tournament time. They need to have someone step up and fill the guard spot. In this region you have to be able to handle pressure.

4. Heart River- They lost some very key pieces, but with the style they play they will always be very competitive. Their coach has built a nice program, big numbers.

5. Bowman- Scott is a very talented scorer. They need to find a consistent secondary scorer. This ranking might be a little high for them, but if they can gel and play solid team basketball they could prove me wrong.

6. Mott-Regent- Loss of Wegh will be huge for this team, but they have a couple of nice pieces back that will help. They will always compete. Very well coached.

7. New England- The loss of Holt is very big. They struggled to score at times last year, now they will have to really compete on the defensive end as well as the boards. I think this ranking might be a little high.

8. Hazen- They had a promising young team last year, I've heard they had a key injury. If he is indeed out for the year like I've heard they could be in for a tough year.

9. Killdeer- I think this ranking is low. They have two returning all region players. They need to find at least another option to handle some of the load for them. It will be tough for those two to do it by themselves.

10. Glen Ullin-Hebron- They lost a couple of key contributors from last years team. Their 2-3 zone can give some teams trouble. It will be interesting to see who they find to coach and if he changes styles.

11. Beach- Young up and coming team. I think they will do better than this prediction.

12. Richardton-Taylor- Could be a tough year for the Raiders, but you just never know.

Top 10 Players IMO (No Particular Order):
Isaiah Kludt- Hettinger-Scranton
Derek Ferebee- Beulah
Dylan Scott- Bowman
Noah Sickler- Dickinson Trinity
Jarad Mattis- Hettinger-Scranton
Logan Miller- Beulah
Chad Morsette- Beulah
Tanner Zentner- Mott-Regent
Alex Sadowsky- Killdeer
Garrett Lemieux- Killdeer
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Re: Region 7 Preview

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:04 pm

Buelah over Dickinson Trinity
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:56 pm

The Schwab wrote:Region 7 Predictions from Hoopster- Thoughts are my own

1. Beulah- Beulah will be the odds on favorite to win the Region. Picked 2nd in state. Their up-tempo, in your face style of play is tough to handle if you lack depth. They are very well coached, always play hard.

2. Hettinger Scranton- They have the only returning All-Stater from Region 7 in Kludt, he makes everyone else around him better. They will have no trouble scoring. If they can improve on the defensive end and be able to hold their own on the boards they will give Beulah a challenge.

3. Dickinson Trinity- Return some nice pieces, lost some really key components. They are very well coached and will always be a tough out come tournament time. They need to have someone step up and fill the guard spot. In this region you have to be able to handle pressure.

4. Heart River- They lost some very key pieces, but with the style they play they will always be very competitive. Their coach has built a nice program, big numbers.

5. Bowman- Scott is a very talented scorer. They need to find a consistent secondary scorer. This ranking might be a little high for them, but if they can gel and play solid team basketball they could prove me wrong.

6. Mott-Regent- Loss of Wegh will be huge for this team, but they have a couple of nice pieces back that will help. They will always compete. Very well coached.

7. New England- The loss of Holt is very big. They struggled to score at times last year, now they will have to really compete on the defensive end as well as the boards. I think this ranking might be a little high.

8. Hazen- They had a promising young team last year, I've heard they had a key injury. If he is indeed out for the year like I've heard they could be in for a tough year.

9. Killdeer- I think this ranking is low. They have two returning all region players. They need to find at least another option to handle some of the load for them. It will be tough for those two to do it by themselves.

10. Glen Ullin-Hebron- They lost a couple of key contributors from last years team. Their 2-3 zone can give some teams trouble. It will be interesting to see who they find to coach and if he changes styles.

11. Beach- Young up and coming team. I think they will do better than this prediction.

12. Richardton-Taylor- Could be a tough year for the Raiders, but you just never know.

Top 10 Players IMO (No Particular Order):
Isaiah Kludt- Hettinger-Scranton
Derek Ferebee- Beulah
Dylan Scott- Bowman
Noah Sickler- Dickinson Trinity
Jarad Mattis- Hettinger-Scranton
Logan Miller- Beulah
Chad Morsette- Beulah
Tanner Zentner- Mott-Regent
Alex Sadowsky- Killdeer
Garrett Lemieux- Killdeer

Who took Hettinger-Scranton out last year?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:18 pm

Hettinger-Scranton lost to Mott Regent by 2 in the 4/5 match-up of the region tournament.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:24 am

What’s going on in this region? I see Beulah has suffered some defeats, as has DT - DT defeated Hettinger which wasn’t a huge shock but then Hettinger gets crushed by Bottineau? Are teams at full strength? Is the region down? Parity? Just not playing well yet?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Beulah has an ACL injury to one of their guys. Trinity and Hettinger-Scranton are healthy. I would say its just parity. I think there's parity across the whole state IMO.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby theboss » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Predictions on tonight's games?
Lots of scenarios for regional seeding?

New England vs Glen Ullin
Killdeer vs trinity
Mott vs richardton
Heart river vs bowman
Hettinger vs beach