2017-18 Preseason

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2017-18 Preseason

Postby BasketballKid » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:02 am

I think Thompson stacks up well in region 2

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE ANY PREDICTIONS HERE!!
BasketballKid
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby packers21 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:54 pm

BasketballKid wrote:I think Thompson stacks up well in region 2

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE ANY PREDICTIONS HERE!!


What basketball kids are good in Thompson?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 797
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby BasketballKid » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:39 am

What basketball kids are good in Thompson?[/quote]

They have a very good starting lineup and their bench will be most likely 3 or 4 kids that have never played at the varsity level, I think they will develop into good players. Grafton I feel will also be a team to look out for in region 2. HCV might be a sleeper team.
BasketballKid
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:34 am

BasketballKid wrote:What basketball kids are good in Thompson?


They have a very good starting lineup and their bench will be most likely 3 or 4 kids that have never played at the varsity level, I think they will develop into good players. Grafton I feel will also be a team to look out for in region 2. HCV might be a sleeper team.[/quote]

HCV a sleeper? 3 guys 6'4-6'5, state's leading rebounder back, top two off the bench back including Henningsgard who will step in nicely for big brother and will be one of the top players in region 2, and a deep JV that lost 1 game last year. They'll contend all year - put they, Thompson, and Grafton in a hat and pull a name in March. Cavalier will push as well and is the 4th best team in the region IMO - who's coaching them this year?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 pm

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby BasketballKid » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:01 pm

True for
Flying Wallenda wrote:
BasketballKid wrote:What basketball kids are good in Thompson?


They have a very good starting lineup and their bench will be most likely 3 or 4 kids that have never played at the varsity level, I think they will develop into good players. Grafton I feel will also be a team to look out for in region 2. HCV might be a sleeper team.


HCV a sleeper? 3 guys 6'4-6'5, state's leading rebounder back, top two off the bench back including Henningsgard who will step in nicely for big brother and will be one of the top players in region 2, and a deep JV that lost 1 game last year. They'll contend all year - put they, Thompson, and Grafton in a hat and pull a name in March. Cavalier will push as well and is the 4th best team in the region IMO - who's coaching them this year?[/quote]

That's true I was just saying that not many people are picking HCV to win, Cavalier may be injury ridden with I believe Rintala leaving and the older carrier injured
BasketballKid
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:35 pm

BasketballKid wrote:True for
Flying Wallenda wrote:
BasketballKid wrote:What basketball kids are good in Thompson?


They have a very good starting lineup and their bench will be most likely 3 or 4 kids that have never played at the varsity level, I think they will develop into good players. Grafton I feel will also be a team to look out for in region 2. HCV might be a sleeper team.


HCV a sleeper? 3 guys 6'4-6'5, state's leading rebounder back, top two off the bench back including Henningsgard who will step in nicely for big brother and will be one of the top players in region 2, and a deep JV that lost 1 game last year. They'll contend all year - put they, Thompson, and Grafton in a hat and pull a name in March. Cavalier will push as well and is the 4th best team in the region IMO - who's coaching them this year?


That's true I was just saying that not many people are picking HCV to win, Cavalier may be injury ridden with I believe Rintala leaving and the older carrier injured[/quote]

I didn't hear Rintala left or Carrier got hurt - that will drop Cavalier pretty significantly. Who's coaching there this year?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 pm

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby Flip » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:22 pm

I may be mistaken on this, but I think HCV's sophomore class never lost a game in JH and I think the only losses the junior class had in JH were to Thompson. I'm not sure how their senior class did, but yeah, they'll still be ok.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3761
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby ballaholic#3 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:13 pm

JH ball is an indicator of some future success, but really all you need is a few players from each grade to make a successful team.. Anyone have any predictions for region 1 and region 7? Oak Grove and Beulah?
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:51 pm

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby The Schwab » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Region 7- Beulah will probably be the favorite, Dickinson Trinity and Hettinger Scranton will challenge.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:21 pm

ballaholic#3 wrote:JH ball is an indicator of some future success, but really all you need is a few players from each grade to make a successful team.. Anyone have any predictions for region 1 and region 7? Oak Grove and Beulah?


OG & Beulah may face each other at Jimmies Classic (Dec 22)...now FINALIZED @ 7:45p
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14378
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby ballaholic#3 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:38 am

Has anybody gotten the Hoopster, yet?
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:51 pm

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:56 am

ballaholic#3 wrote:Has anybody gotten the Hoopster, yet?


Boys hoopster isn't available until tomorrow
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14378
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:50 pm

What does the preseason power poll look like??
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 pm

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:39 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:What does the preseason power poll look like??


Haven't received mine yet :(
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14378
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby hoophoophoop » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Four teams have a chance in region 1

oak grove
richland
wyndmere-lidgerwood
maple valley
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby ballaholic#3 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:24 pm

Don't know much about each of those teams besides Oak Grove. What gives each team a shot to win?
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:51 pm

Re: 2017-18 Preseason

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:06 am

oak grove - because they are oak grove

Richland- young but good/ starting 4 sophmores and a junior might be there downfall

wyndmere/ligerwood--lots of good atheletes

maple valley-- alot of seniors and hunter smith
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm


Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests