Lamoure Trinity???

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ming01 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:40 am

baller01 wrote:
Why does someone need a reason to transfer schools? If they want to transfer for sports, then so be it. You don't see much complaining about college transfers.

Very good point prat. Nobody makes a big deal about college transfers so why is it a big deal when high schoolers transfer. If it not right and/or wrong to transfer high schools why is it ok to transfer colleges. Very good point project-prat.

its not a big deal for college because they have to sit out a year
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:51 am

Another thing I want to point out. How come no one talks about when athetes transfer down. Everyone talks about Brandenburg transferring to LaMoure "to win"(which might not even be the reason he transfered). How come its not a big deal when a player transferes from a good school to a lower school because he or she was not getting playing time at the better school. Everyone always points fingers at the people that transfer from a bad team to a good team, when there are players that transfer from good teams to bad teams for playing time. Why is that fair to the kids that transfered from a bad team to a good team?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:52 am

In cross country this year, when Gabe Fetting transferred to killdeer, he wasn't allowed to run varsity the whole season. So, you must have to sit out. And I've heard of other transfers that had to sit out a season for transferring.
project-pat

Postby baseball » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:54 pm

project-pat wrote:In cross country this year, when Gabe Fetting transferred to killdeer, he wasn't allowed to run varsity the whole season. So, you must have to sit out. And I've heard of other transfers that had to sit out a season for transferring.

thats if you dont meet the open enrollment deadline.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:56 pm

baseball wrote:
project-pat wrote:In cross country this year, when Gabe Fetting transferred to killdeer, he wasn't allowed to run varsity the whole season. So, you must have to sit out. And I've heard of other transfers that had to sit out a season for transferring.

thats if you dont meet the open enrollment deadline.

Which is towards the end of January I due believe. I could be wrong.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballuvr » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:47 pm

I believe the date is somewhere around the Easter break that the transfer needs to occur to be able to compete in the next school year.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:22 pm

bballuvr wrote:I believe the date is somewhere around the Easter break that the transfer needs to occur to be able to compete in the next school year.

so if you transfer after that date, you can't play in the next school year?
project-pat

Postby baseball » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:20 pm

project-pat wrote:
bballuvr wrote:I believe the date is somewhere around the Easter break that the transfer needs to occur to be able to compete in the next school year.

so if you transfer after that date, you can't play in the next school year?

i think its only teh first semester.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys