2017 Lions All Star Game

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2017 Lions All Star Game

Postby ninja_joe » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:59 am

Lions All Star selection is done by the coaches whose teams went to the Class B state tournament the prior year. These coaches must have been members of the NDHSCA. If they weren't, the place on the committee goes to the runner up coach in the region OR the next coach of the highest place winner in region tourney.

With 8 regions in the state, each region has a coach representing. Plus the two coaches for the team (Smith & Rotvold) each get a vote I believe.

Each representative from each region is responsible for accumulating the season stats from players nominated from their respective region. The coaches in the region fill out the ballot to nominate kids in their region.

Basically the region rep is the guy who has to lobby for the players from the region. He has all the influence & most say in who gets on team from the region. If he doesn't speak up & support his regions kids strongly--people get left off. Or if he is pushing just his guy (like many coaches do), kids get left off.

Some guys probably play in the football game just like some of the girls play in the Optimist volleyball. I dont think they can play in both.

9 alternates is crazy. Simpson kid is better than most of that roster and he is an alternate.

1st team all state kids, 2000pt scorers, & 3 time all state kids should be playing in this game.

Once again, the region coach from those respective regions is the guy were this all starts in the selection process. Many kids get screwed because of this because the other coaches on the committee are going to vote for kids in their region OR the kids they have seen, OR based on the info the region rep gives about a kid they don't know anything about.
ninja_joe
NDPreps Starter

Postby classbman » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:44 am

like to see his stats for this year. Last year Hoopster has him at 2nd in scoring for class B and 10th in rebounding for class B. Don't know where I can find these.
classbman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:20 am

ninja_joe, best post ITT. Good information.

With 8 regions in the state, each region has a coach representing. Plus the two coaches for the team (Smith & Rotvold) each get a vote I believe.

Would Smith get 2 votes? he won the region and is coaching in game.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby NoDakGuy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:35 am

Flip wrote:ninja_joe, best post ITT. Good information.

Would Smith get 2 votes? he won the region and is coaching in game.

Coaches for the Lion's team don't get a vote (unless they are on the committee due to the previous year). Eight Regions = eight total votes.
NoDakGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys