Smith & McKay

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Smith & McKay

Postby winner-within » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:43 am

First off cant say enough about Four Winds and their program a over the past few years....the whole organization is such an inspiration for all the young Basketball players in the State and also the young and old fans throughout the entire area even into Minnesota......

Smith: an outstanding leader with an ability that (IMO) is unmatched when it comes to making players Jell and communicate with each other and IMO a college Coach level brain when it comes to his persona on the hard court!
a true caring coach that is into his arms around each other in the pregame huddle and keeping everybody poised and focused......

McKay: what a player! to watch this year and see a young man grow in his game and in his ability it was truly amazing.
what also hit home with me when seeing Four Winds play was how the young and adolescent kids just idolized him with his pregame warm up show and his calm demeanor but yet fierce competitive play....Tronnes will never be forgotten.....

The world needs more Smiths & McKays...
Last edited by winner-within on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Smith & McKay

Postby NodakQ2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:52 am

Agreed...100%
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:39 pm

agree with the above comments...

Does anyone know if Tronis McKay has had any college basketball offers? I would really hope he gets the opportunity to keep playing. He is a rare talent that can get to the rim anytime and he has a very unique skill set.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Big Blue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:50 am

Totally agree Winner Within. I was blown away with the class Four Winds-Minnewaukan showed in defeat Saturday. That group plays with class: no blaming officials, no yelling at each other or other habits you often see. Rick deserves all the credit in the world. I read a great quote from him in the paper: "It's a tough pill to swallow," Smith pointed out. "But it's just a basketball game. This is nothing compared to what these players will deal with as they become adults. At the end of the day, it's how you handle these type of situations that make you a good person and a champion."
McKay is a great player. I take exception when people say is a selfish player. The guy is a great teammate who always made passes to teammates when he could have went to the hoop.
Don't forget about Steve Redfox. That kid is a true floor general and playmaker!
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Scheeby » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 pm

Glad this topic was brought up. Couldn't agree more on Rick Smith. The few times I've been around him, he's just genuine, caring guy.
Scheeby
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Boys