MR BASKETBALL!!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby wem » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:35 pm

They don't play D-1 cause they are not recruited by D-1. Why aren't they recruited by D-1, cause the media coverage and coach involvement at the B level is very, very limited. I know for a fact that unless a parent takes it upon themselves to send tape around to D-1 schools if they play at B level, they will not get anymore than offers from Mary, VC, Jamestown, etc. And many great class B kids don't even get that.
wem
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:37 pm

Aanen Moody won
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby balla45 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:55 pm

wem wrote:They don't play D-1 cause they are not recruited by D-1. Why aren't they recruited by D-1, cause the media coverage and coach involvement at the B level is very, very limited. I know for a fact that unless a parent takes it upon themselves to send tape around to D-1 schools if they play at B level, they will not get anymore than offers from Mary, VC, Jamestown, etc. And many great class B kids don't even get that.

James Richman played at Maple Valley, which is a Class B school in Region 1. He was on UND's roster after tearing his ACL. I know for a fact that his parents sent 0 film to D1 schools.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ProudPirate » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:59 pm

Cody Mauch from Hankinson is playing D1, just D1 football where he is more suited. Nick Mauch also got a call from Moorehead but hes not interested in playing college ball. Congrats to Moody & ALL the kids being mentioned. Quite an honor & i agree most B coaches don't get involved in recruiting or getting their kids ready for college ball.
ProudPirate
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BB11 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:01 am

wem wrote:They don't play D-1 cause they are not recruited by D-1. Why aren't they recruited by D-1, cause the media coverage and coach involvement at the B level is very, very limited. I know for a fact that unless a parent takes it upon themselves to send tape around to D-1 schools if they play at B level, they will not get anymore than offers from Mary, VC, Jamestown, etc. And many great class B kids don't even get that.

Can't agree with this at all. If you are good enough, it doesn't matter if you play for the smallest most northern school in Alaska that 99.99% of all college coaches haven't even heard of, or if you play for Oak Hill Academy. If you are good enough to legitimately play at the D1 level - they will know of you, and they will find you. Now a days - there are very few, if any, diamonds in the rough that slip through the cracks. You mention coach involvement at the class B level is very limited. I know that to be false. If you have a player that is good enough to play at any college level - Coaches at that level will develop a relationship with the player's coach.
To get back on topic of Mr. BB. No doubt in my mind that they got it right. Moody was the Best player in the state. He might not average 40 a night in Region 1 as someone else stated for the simple fact that they would be up by 40 on half the teams in the region by the 4th quarter no matter who he would have played for mostly because of his ability. But he would be, without a doubt - the best player in any class B region.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:09 am

ProudPirate wrote:Cody Mauch from Hankinson is playing D1, just D1 football where he is more suited. Nick Mauch also got a call from Moorehead but hes not interested in playing college ball. Congrats to Moody & ALL the kids being mentioned. Quite an honor & i agree most B coaches don't get involved in recruiting or getting their kids ready for college ball.

Just to be clear. I hope all of these athletes have great success. I legitimately do. I simply felt that Moody was the best player last season and this season.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby knowledge » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:27 am

The reason Class B kids do not get recruited D1 is because most cannot play D1. D1 coaches will find players that they can try to win with (and if the D1 coaches don't find you, MSU-M and other NSIC schools will find you). Being a great Class B player does not translate to even guaranteeing to be a great small college basketball player. There could be many reasons why, such as talent, size, strength, defensive prospects, etc.... The list below shows the last six "B" Mr. Basketballs since Dufault - who went D1. Malzer and Randall didn't get much done at a bottom feeder NSIC program. Heidlebaugh chose football (sounds like he made a good choice) and there could be many reasons why JUCO was the option for the other guys. The Class B fans should be happy that they've had the consideration that they've had because I'm pretty sure there were some qualified Class A players in many of these seasons that don't have the same stats because they play better comp. night in night out and because their career numbers often are not the same due to less varsity games. I'm a Class B fan. I'll chose the excitement over A any day. The fans are electric at Class B tournaments, but fact of the matter is that competitive, passionate basketball does not necessarily mean high quality or levels of basketball.

2016 Jason Feather Four Winds-Minnewaukan B Lake Region State College
2015 Brad Heidlebaugh Rugby B University of North Dakota (football)
2012 Melvin Langstaff Warwick B Lake Region State College (Dexter Werner = D1)
2011 Phillip Shanilec Midway-Minto B South Dakota School of Mines (Hanstad = D1)
2010 Adam Randall Kidder County B Minot State University
2009 Cameron Malzer Turtle Lake-Mercer B Minot State University (Qvale - borderline NFL guard)
knowledge
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:41 am

d_fense wrote:Almost no way he would average 40 points in region 1.

I looked into this a little closer if you account for the shorter games Moody's 30.6 ppg goes down to ~26.8. So to get to 40 he would need to increase his scoring by 50%, which seems impossible and maybe it is, but I'm also thinking if Langstaff can average 37 Moody should be able to push that.

Bothers me that a guy is the all time leading scorer in class A history and someone says there are 3 better players in region 1. Granted that was only one poster.

So these so called D1 players that are getting looked over, why aren't they becoming multi year all americans at the lower collegiate ranks? btw who are some of the kids that didn't get recruited to play D1 that should have?

Also, Nudell and Frejie both played at tiny class B schools and got D1 offers. Unless, you think media covers girls more than the boys.

knowledge, good post
Last edited by Flip on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby knowledge » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:52 am

Thanks. Good point with the young ladies. I overlooked them.

Also, I watched the young man from N. Cass go for 46 v. OG in the regular season. That's a very good Class B player, doing it against a very good Class B team. What would Moody do against those middle of the road teams? He's better than Christianson and you saw the type of Region tournament he had. Then add in that Class B has a much higher rate in the "freedom of movement" area when it comes to officiating.

Passion is great. Delusion is a completely different issue.
knowledge
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:37 am

knowledge wrote:Passion is great. Delusion is a completely different issue.

This.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby wem » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:50 am

BB11&Lackofknowledge; where are you from? Obviously you are from a private, or class A school. What I said is absolutely the truth as far as good kids getting passed up unless parents send film themselves. At the B level coaches get paid so little, they cant afford the time it takes for the film and followups. Do the top notch kids at the B level get a chance, maybe, but only if there willing to walk on. Not many kids at any level are willing to do that. Have you been through this? If not, shutup. If so, I can't wait for your answer.
wem
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:42 am

wem wrote:BB11&Lackofknowledge; where are you from? Obviously you are from a private, or class A school. What I said is absolutely the truth as far as good kids getting passed up unless parents send film themselves. At the B level coaches get paid so little, they cant afford the time it takes for the film and followups. Do the top notch kids at the B level get a chance, maybe, but only if there willing to walk on. Not many kids at any level are willing to do that. Have you been through this? If not, shutup. If so, I can't wait for your answer.

I am not from a private school nor am I from a Class A school. I have been at, and been around small-town Class B my whole life, and also coached at small town Class B. If a kid is good enough - he/she will get looked at and/or possibly get an offer at D1. Most players at B and A aren't good enough to play D1 - which is why there is only a couple of handful's each year that actually play at that level out of the hundreds of seniors that play each year. And yes - I have had players get recruited, and yes I gave any and all information, tape, etc. necessary to the coaches that requested it. If a B coach is requested to do this and doesn't - then I feel sorry for the athlete - I have never heard of this ever happening, but if it has to you or your child - I can understand your frustration. This is not the norm however by any stretch of the imagination.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby knowledge » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:40 pm

Lack of Knowledge?
WEM - please find me the players that have been overlooked by big schools from these Class B towns. I am currently a coach, in a different state, that is the size of ND Class B schools.I also was an average at best ND Class B basketball player and a college athlete of a different sport. I've been doing this for 13 years and have had kids recruited for various sports at all three NCAA levels. If we have a kid that has the passion to play (any sport), we'll exhaust our resources and networking abilities to get kids chances to play. Regardless of level. D1, D2, D3, NAIA, or JUCO. If coaches aren't willing to do that, then that's on the coach. And it has NOTHING to do with salary. None of us are giving up time with our families, increasing our prep time (remember most of us have a REAL job - in the classroom), taking hours to plan practice, watch film, make game plans, travel around from school to school on non-game nights to scout, for the money. We do this for the kids that have a passion to compete in the sports that we love. Coaches that do this for money or for ego are quickly exposed and do not, nor should last long. Thanks to Hudl, Krossover, YouTube, or just the old burning of a DVD, film is easy to share and takes minimal effort. Also, if a player is unwilling to walk-on, that's on the kid and shows their lack of true passion for the sport. Numerous walk-ons receive scholarships every year around the country. If you want to play and have the ability you can find a spot, scholarship or not. If a scholarship is the only goal, than the game is not of a high enough importance.

Overlooked?
NDSU, UND, SDSU, USD are not going to be missing on kids in the Dakotas or Minnesota. If they find a borderline kid, they'll help to "stash" them at a JUCO for one or two years to see if they develop. Remember, how often the college coaches carousal spins, college coaches love what they do, but they also need to win to stay employed. They are not going to miss kids that can play. Take a look at the rosters of Minnesota State - Moorhead since Coach Walthall arrived. He's not missing small school or big school guys that can play at the D2 level. Next season, he'll have players from Milnor, Braham (MN), and Browerville (MN), all less than 200 students. The same can be said for Minot State, Mary, Augie, USF, etc... they're going to find kids to help them win.
Again, as stated before, if these guys are being passed up we'd be seeing these guys performing well at our small college ND schools.
Take Mr. Bussman for example. He was a heck of a Class B player and averaged just under 10 a game at VCSU as a freshman. He transferred and walked on at MSU-M and now plays 6 minutes a game in only 19 of their games. I use him, because I love the kid's attitude and work ethic, and have personally watched him work with young athletes at MSUM basketball camps, but there's a huge difference between the North Star and the NSIC. (Side note - if he stayed at VCSU IMO he'd been a 2-3 time all conf guy - I hope he finds an increased role at MSU because he's easy to cheer for)
If other Class B kids aren't making it at the NAIA level, you're not going to see them making it at high levels.
Scoring 20 a game at the Class B level is not equal to doing the same at the ND Class A level and for sure not the same as doing it at the MN Class 3A or 4A level. (Also remember that only Minot, the Bismarcks, Davies and West Fargo would be 4A schools in MN - South, North and others would be 3A schools, Wahp & DL would be 2A schools in MN - Sometimes I think we forget how much ND lacks population in comparison).

Another example would be the 2013 Mr. Basketball argument:
As I recall many Class B folks that thought Mr. Hagler was the clear cut winner and blamed Class A bias for the eventual AJ Jacobson win. I thought that Hagler was a tremendous HS player and has had a nice career for the Jimmies. Jacobson, also a tremendous HS player has had a similarly nice career at NDSU. In fact if you look at their stats they're very comparable:
http://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5362
http://www.jimmieathletics.com/roster/17/1/5728.php
Just as in high school, if they traded places in college would the stats be as similar. Would Hagler be putting up his Jimmie numbers at SU? Would Jacobson only be putting up his SU numbers in the North Star? I think there'd be a huge difference. Size, skill, etc.... play into all of this and in that matter most Class B kids just don't compare.

The only two years that I have disagreed with Mr. Basketball when it should've gone to the Class B kids were 1999 when I thought Kraft was a better HS player and if his feet don't give out would've been a better college player and 2003 when I thought Craig Nelson was the better HS player and college prospect. His college assist to turnover rate while being the floor general for one of the all time greats in Coach Meyer makes me feel vindicated.

I think we also forget the math involved:
Of the more than one million high school athletes across the United States, fewer than 5 percent go on to play sports in college, and fewer than 1 percent go on to play at the division I level.

So to answer your question. Yes, I've been through this and do enjoy the process. We don't have to agree and if you've been scared by wanting more than is earned or given, I'm sorry. It not cool to have kids that want more than others are willing to give them, especially if they've been engaged in becoming well rounded student-athlete. I encourage those kids to find a level. D3 & NAIA are great spots to play sports and go to school. I love Class B basketball but the depth of athletes is not there and some of the top end guys are not big college material. Enjoy the product and the passion for what it is.

Back to studying so I can drop the "Lack"
knowledge
NDPreps Reserve

Postby knowledge » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:58 pm

One more thing:

Remember that 6'5 guys are probably post players in Class B ND. In the Summit League or Big Sky that 6'5 -6'7 could be playing the 2 or 3, in the NSIC things are much the same.

The 220 lb + guy is probably 6'7 or more and quick enough to hedge out on or switch out on quick guards. An example would be Drick Bernstine from UND. There are always exceptions. These are the local squads.

A look at the NDSU football roster would show you two TEs - Ben Ellefson 6'4 225 in HS - 2000 pt 1000 reb 70% 2 FG as a senior, 40% from 3 - one D2 basketball offer. Matt Anderson 6'4 220 in HS - 4 year 4A player at Stillwater - 1000 points scorer limited small school basketball offers. They'll add 6'6 Noah Gindorf from Crosby-Ironton next year. He'll be playing against Breckenridge at the MN State tournament. Small school basketball interest. All three would've been too slow to guard perimeter players and undersized in the post at the D2 level, much less the D1 level.

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect.db ... M_ID=13500
http://www.msumdragons.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
knowledge
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Vikesfan27 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:07 pm

At the end of the day, if you are good enough, they will find you. Just look through the NDSU football roster and see how many small town kids are on the team. Yes this is football but it's just an example. Also, I fee that another reason many great basketball players play football in college is a result of the difference in team size for BB vs FB. There are more roster spots on a football team. Maybe, I'm wrong on that, just my thought.
Vikesfan27
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Flip » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:16 pm

Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby wem » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:37 am

You guys have taken a comment and turned it into a book. Maybe you need to go back and look at the post before you write the book. I was sticking up for small town coaches vs. criticizing them. I don't expect them to send film of any player they see worthy. if they aren't asked. Most coaches will if asked. The B coaches have tons of other responsibilities within the school, or in many cases don't even work at the school. They have there real jobs to take care of. Class A has 3-4 assistant coaches, teach PE within the school, and can focus on getting there kids to next level. Where in my comments did I say that I felt the B Kids were equal to A kids overall. Its a fact that if you play at A Level vs B, all things being equal, the A kid has the advantage. The very dominant kids at B level aren't missed, but the others are more likely to fall under the radar.
Before the rest of you commenters chime in and pile on, maybe you should read the post before you make a comment like some of the others did.
Knowledge, you don't have to worry about if my kid was affected by film not getting passed on. I'm not talking about my own in this discussion. (I'm sure you were concerned) I'm talking bout many years of watching and coaching the game.
Anybody that thinks media, big school, large coaching staffs, parent/alumni/boosters/and parent donators to colleges doesn't have an influence in recruiting, has no creditability with me; IT DOES!
wem
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:07 am

wem wrote:You guys have taken a comment and turned it into a book. Maybe you need to go back and look at the post before you write the book. I was sticking up for small town coaches vs. criticizing them. I don't expect them to send film of any player they see worthy. if they aren't asked. Most coaches will if asked. The B coaches have tons of other responsibilities within the school, or in many cases don't even work at the school. They have there real jobs to take care of. Class A has 3-4 assistant coaches, teach PE within the school, and can focus on getting there kids to next level. Where in my comments did I say that I felt the B Kids were equal to A kids overall. Its a fact that if you play at A Level vs B, all things being equal, the A kid has the advantage. The very dominant kids at B level aren't missed, but the others are more likely to fall under the radar.
Before the rest of you commenters chime in and pile on, maybe you should read the post before you make a comment like some of the others did.
Knowledge, you don't have to worry about if my kid was affected by film not getting passed on. I'm not talking about my own in this discussion. (I'm sure you were concerned) I'm talking bout many years of watching and coaching the game.
Anybody that thinks media, big school, large coaching staffs, parent/alumni/boosters/and parent donators to colleges doesn't have an influence in recruiting, has no creditability with me; IT DOES!

Funny...this comment below doesn't sound like standing up for the coaches...you state that coach involvement in the B is limited...sounds a little critical and contradicting to me.

wem wrote:Why aren't they recruited by D-1, cause the media coverage and coach involvement at the B level is very, very limited. I know for a fact that unless a parent takes it upon themselves to send tape around to D-1 schools if they play at B level, they will not get anymore than offers from Mary, VC, Jamestown, etc. And many great class B kids don't even get that.

Knowledge was posting examples, instances and comparisons which this site is for...discussion and debating...to further understand why so few ND athletes (male) go D1 in basketball...who said anything about him talking about your child (none of his posts stated anything like that). His posts are also from many years of playing, watching and coaching basketball.

You called BB11 & knowledge out criticized their posts...we are all able to give our own opinions. Take them to help better understand where others are coming from...because others have been in the position you originally stated. This site IS full of many knowledgeable users who have played, coached and watched basketball for several years...in ND and beyond!

wem wrote:BB11&Lackofknowledge; where are you from? Obviously you are from a private, or class A school. What I said is absolutely the truth as far as good kids getting passed up unless parents send film themselves. At the B level coaches get paid so little, they cant afford the time it takes for the film and followups. Do the top notch kids at the B level get a chance, maybe, but only if there willing to walk on. Not many kids at any level are willing to do that. Have you been through this? If not, shutup. If so, I can't wait for your answer.

Most, not all, Class B post players in the State of ND are 6-0 to 6-4...players of that size usually are the 2 or 3 in D1 basketball...therefore you better be a rather quick player with an outside game to get looked at in D1 (even NDSU & UND)...otherwise you are an undersized player in the post going against 6-6 to 7-0 players.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Makotifarmguy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:57 am

wem....unfortunately you are so incorrect I am not sure where to start, although knowledge kind of took care of the novel.

Class B kids aren't recruited because they aren't good enough. The 4 time all region kid can't play at WSC, LRSC, or NDSCS. Some might but most won't. Class A kids get a better shake because they adjust much better to the level of basketball at the D-1 JUCO level.

Our Class B schools/parents have incredible blinders on when it comes to basketball at the college level. Not just for the boys but girls as well. I always get a kick out of the commentators..."he is going D-1"...No, he is going to a D-1 school where he (and his parents) will find out that they are not cut out to play at that level.

My wife and I have been D-1 JUCO fans for more than 15 yrs now and what I see at that level is so far beyond what people think. They think their 20 pts/game son/daughter can go off to a big school only to show up a year later at the JUCO and come off the bench.

We love our Class B kids and schools, but the level they need to attain to play college ball is far greater than grade 13.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:42 am

If you're semi new to the board you should go to the girls form and read Makotifarmguy's opinion on Hannah Breske, about this time 4 years ago.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Makotifarmguy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:03 am

I am extremely happy that Breske proved me wrong. When I am wrong it means that a player excelled and was able to make that leap. I am more than happy to be wrong about things like this.

As I said back then...I wish her the best of luck.
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:09 am

Makotifarmguy wrote:I am extremely happy that Breske proved me wrong. When I am wrong it means that a player excelled and was able to make that leap. I am more than happy to be wrong about things like this.

As I said back then...I wish her the best of luck.

Maybe, I need to go back and read what you said, but I thought you were dead on.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Makotifarmguy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:30 am

I need to read it too. That was a long time ago.

I wished I could have gotten to see Moody play. I saw the hype video but it would have been good to see him live. I missed him on TV as well.

FYi- Feather never played at LRSC. Not even sure where he is at. Malzer started at Minot State but ended up at Bottineau.
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:34 am

Makotifarmguy wrote:wem....unfortunately you are so incorrect I am not sure where to start, although knowledge kind of took care of the novel.

Class B kids aren't recruited because they aren't good enough. The 4 time all region kid can't play at WSC, LRSC, or NDSCS. Some might but most won't. Class A kids get a better shake because they adjust much better to the level of basketball at the D-1 JUCO level.

Our Class B schools/parents have incredible blinders on when it comes to basketball at the college level. Not just for the boys but girls as well. I always get a kick out of the commentators..."he is going D-1"...No, he is going to a D-1 school where he (and his parents) will find out that they are not cut out to play at that level.

My wife and I have been D-1 JUCO fans for more than 15 yrs now and what I see at that level is so far beyond what people think. They think their 20 pts/game son/daughter can go off to a big school only to show up a year later at the JUCO and come off the bench.

We love our Class B kids and schools, but the level they need to attain to play college ball is far greater than grade 13.

Great post and you are dead on. In a lot of cases, parents think their child is better than they actually are and in some cases stats at the Class B level get padded by playing against a few weaker teams every season. We have had players recruited at the DII, NAIA and JUCO level and have had kids turn down offers from NAIA or JUCO because their parents thought they were "too good" to play at that level and the next thing you know their child isn't playing at any level or they are sitting on the end of the bench getting a minute or two of playing time every now and then. The best quote on this whole topic was the "Passion is great. Delusion is a completely different issue".
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:14 pm

knowledge wrote:
Another example would be the 2013 Mr. Basketball argument:
As I recall many Class B folks that thought Mr. Hagler was the clear cut winner and blamed Class A bias for the eventual AJ Jacobson win. I thought that Hagler was a tremendous HS player and has had a nice career for the Jimmies. Jacobson, also a tremendous HS player has had a similarly nice career at NDSU. In fact if you look at their stats they're very comparable:
http://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5362
http://www.jimmieathletics.com/roster/17/1/5728.php
Just as in high school, if they traded places in college would the stats be as similar. Would Hagler be putting up his Jimmie numbers at SU? Would Jacobson only be putting up his SU numbers in the North Star? I think there'd be a huge difference. Size, skill, etc.... play into all of this and in that matter most Class B kids just don't compare.

The only two years that I have disagreed with Mr. Basketball when it should've gone to the Class B kids were 1999 when I thought Kraft was a better HS player and if his feet don't give out would've been a better college player and 2003 when I thought Craig Nelson was the better HS player and college prospect. His college assist to turnover rate while being the floor general for one of the all time greats in Coach Meyer makes me feel vindicated.

knowledge, your posts were spot on. I would like to address a couple of things and please realize that I am a Jake fan so bias. 1. The support for AJ vs. Jake by a lot of fans was due to the fact that the 2 played on the same traveling team for quite some time so comparisons were drawn and reasonable. Skill set by each player was very comparable with physical stature going in AJ's favor. I don't recall anybody ever saying it was a bad decision when AJ won Mr. BB, but could have happened and were probably more emotional responses than anything. 2. 2001 I thought Lindahl vs. Dobmeier was another time when it could have went the other direction but once again I am biased.
I have been blessed to be able to watch all of the Mr. BB candidates for this year play many times, some over many years. Aanen has an offensive skill set which is out of this world. My problem with a lot of these posts is that they may have watched some of the players 1 or 2 times and make their decisions based on that. You have to see these kids over extended periods of time to really appreciate their skills.

Makotifarmguy wrote:wem....unfortunately you are so incorrect I am not sure where to start, although knowledge kind of took care of the novel.

Makotifarmguy. Have always enjoyed your posts and like the fact you don't beat around the bush. Physical stature, quickness and stats are all measurable. Heart, dedication and will power are not. I hope these kids that do get an opportunity to play at the next level, from A or B, make the most of it and give it their all every single day. Good luck to all of them.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys