Class B Trivia

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Class B Trivia

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:06 pm

BasketballMind wrote:
scc wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Jeran Anderson from Hettinger-Scranton made 180 free throws this year (180/220) for a percentage of 81.8%. I was just curious if anyone had knowledge of athletes that had made a lot of FT's in a year. I would assume this would be close to a record. His team played in 22 games.

Probably few have eclipsed 180 FTM for a season, but Steve Blehm's single-season high was 239 as a junior.

I swear every time I read a stat about Steve Blehm it feels like a Paul Bunyan story. Crazy numbers on his career.

239 is an astronomical number.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:49 am

The Schwab wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:
scc wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Jeran Anderson from Hettinger-Scranton made 180 free throws this year (180/220) for a percentage of 81.8%. I was just curious if anyone had knowledge of athletes that had made a lot of FT's in a year. I would assume this would be close to a record. His team played in 22 games.

Probably few have eclipsed 180 FTM for a season, but Steve Blehm's single-season high was 239 as a junior.

I swear every time I read a stat about Steve Blehm it feels like a Paul Bunyan story. Crazy numbers on his career.

239 is an astronomical number.

Without knowing the number of games he played in, you could conservatively assume he was making about 10 per game.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby B Historian » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:21 am

packers21 wrote:
B Historian wrote:Kindred became just the third team in Class B history to win the state title without being ranked in the final poll and without having a player on the all-state team. Can you name the other two teams that were able to pull this off?

You keep posting new questions but haven’t answered the one I asked you about 5 times

I have no idea what you are talking about. I see no question asked directly of me, much less five times.
B Historian
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby B Historian » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:22 am

The Schwab wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
B Historian wrote:Kindred became just the third team in Class B history to win the state title without being ranked in the final poll and without having a player on the all-state team. Can you name the other two teams that were able to pull this off?

I'm stumped on this especially if these were teams from a long time ago. I'll take a guess at 2010 Carrington and 1990 Edgeley

I'm taking three guesses hoping I get 2 of them right. I'll say 2001 North Border, 1980 New Town and 1979 Sargent Central.

2001 North Border is one of the correct answers. The other team that won the title without being ranked or having a player on the all-state team was 1965 Kenmare.
B Historian
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby B Historian » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:28 am

The Schwab wrote:
B Historian wrote:New trivia:

I believe this only happened once in Class B history. Can anyone name the player that participated in the state tournament for two different teams during his high school career? (This was not due to a coop forming, he actually transferred schools)

Donovan Lambert for New Town in 2011 and Bismarck Shiloh in 2012

I missed another player that played in the state tournament for two different teams. Randy Helling played for Michigan in 1973 as a freshman and then was the star player for Lakota in 1976 at the state tournament.
B Historian
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:35 am

B Historian wrote:
packers21 wrote:

You keep posting new questions but haven’t answered the one I asked you about 5 times

I have no idea what you are talking about. I see no question asked directly of me, much less five times.

This is probably what he's talking about...sent on 2/16; it wasn't stated directly to you BUT it is an interesting question that I don't know the answer to...

packers21 wrote:Before last week had two female coaches ever coached against each other at the Varsity level?
Last edited by WalkingStick on Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:42 am

WalkingStick wrote:
B Historian wrote:
packers21 wrote:

This is probably what he's talking about...sent on 2/16; it is an interesting question that I don't know the answer to...

packers21 wrote:Before last week had two female coaches ever coached against each other at the Varsity level?

That’s the one
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby classB4ever » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:53 am

B Historian wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

I believe this only happened once in Class B history. Can anyone name the player that participated in the state tournament for two different teams during his high school career? (This was not due to a coop forming, he actually transferred schools)

I missed another player that played in the state tournament for two different teams. Randy Helling played for Michigan in 1973 as a freshman and then was the star player for Lakota in 1976 at the state tournament.

Believe Steve Larson also played for 2 different state teams around '79. But one was Wahpeton (class A) so might not qualify for your question.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby B Historian » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:50 pm

packers21 wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
B Historian wrote:
packers21 wrote:

This is probably what he's talking about...sent on 2/16; it is an interesting question that I don't know the answer to...

That’s the one

OK. I don't know the answer to this one, or if it has happened prior to this season. It is an interesting question though.
B Historian
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby B Historian » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:52 pm

classB4ever wrote:
B Historian wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Believe Steve Larson also played for 2 different state teams around '79. But one was Wahpeton (class A) so might not qualify for your question.

Steve Larson did come up earlier in this topic. Larson played for both the "A" and "B" champions in the same year, but didn't play in both state tournaments.
B Historian
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:32 pm

Glad I could stump the board
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:42 pm

How many women head coaches have we had in boys basketball?
I'll guess 0 in class A, and 5 or less in B.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:27 pm

Flip wrote:How many women head coaches have we had in boys basketball?
I'll guess 0 in class A, and 5 or less in B.

Im not sure but I would guess more than that in B. I can name 3 in the past 15 years just in Region 2.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:21 pm

I can think of 3 too, the same 3.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby CLASSBFAN1987 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:45 pm

The undefeated Page Panthers in 1986 lost to Oak Grove in the Region Championship. I personally think this is one of the best teams to not make it to the state tournament. Who were the 5 starters for Page that year?
CLASSBFAN1987
NDPreps Reserve

Postby CLASSBFAN1987 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:47 pm

What state tournament had the most undefeated teams competing?
CLASSBFAN1987
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:20 am

CLASSBFAN1987 wrote:What state tournament had the most undefeated teams competing?

My guess is 1987. I believe MayPort, Linton, Page, and Dunseith were all undefeated
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:00 pm

CLASSBFAN1987 wrote:What state tournament had the most undefeated teams competing?

I don't know the answer to this either, but what state tournament had the fewest amount of losses coming into the tournament?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ChickenNuggets » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:08 am

I'm not Sure if this topic has been brought up and I don't think I'll go through 22 pages to check...

What are the highest career point totals for a Father/Son combination?

What are the highest career point totals for a family (Brothers)?

I don't know these answers, Just curious if anyone knows of any crazy statistics like these?
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:38 am

ChickenNuggets wrote:I'm not Sure if this topic has been brought up and I don't think I'll go through 22 pages to check...

I don't know these answers, Just curious if anyone knows of any crazy statistics like these?

I'll throw out a guess for the Father/Son combination Pat and Houston Lavachek (1150 and 1910) for a total 3040
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:45 pm

The Schwab wrote:
ChickenNuggets wrote:I'm not Sure if this topic has been brought up and I don't think I'll go through 22 pages to check...

I'll throw out a guess for the Father/Son combination Pat and Houston Lavachek (1150 and 1910) for a total 3040

Mine would be Jerry and Brady Trenbeath. I think they're near the 3400 mark, but don't' have the numbers in front of me. Brady was right around 1500 for his career and I think his Jerry scored close to 2000
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:04 pm

BasketballMind wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Mine would be Jerry and Brady Trenbeath. I think they're near the 3400 mark, but don't' have the numbers in front of me. Brady was right around 1500 for his career and I think his Jerry scored close to 2000

I couldn't find Jerry's point total in the hoopster
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:49 pm

The Schwab wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

I couldn't find Jerry's point total in the hoopster

Stevie B and his Dad
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:51 pm

This is a question I'm curious about, not one I know the answer to. How many times has the State B champion also brought home a state title in football?

I know Thompson did it in 2018-19, HCV in 2017-18
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:18 pm

BasketballMind wrote:This is a question I'm curious about, not one I know the answer to. How many times has the State B champion also brought home a state title in football?

I know Thompson did it in 2018-19, HCV in 2017-18

Only other year was
2005-2006 Dickinson Trinity

Girls Volleyball & Girls Basketball has been done only once as well
2019-2020 - Langdon/Edmore/Munich
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys