Next Division 1 player

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Next Division 1 player

Postby balla45 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:44 am

They are playing well.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:48 am

maddog1971 wrote:So how are these Freshman playing? I see Enderline has 3 losses on the year so things must not be working out so far as a team but how are the Freshman playing?

Enderlin is missing their Senior Shooter for the next few weeks; Injury bug has hit Enderlin.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:55 pm

balla45 wrote:Undlin is from MLS. Sophomore. Personally I think sophomore with the 2nd most upside in ND behind Klabo. Not being biased as neither Undlin or Klabo play for me. Hurlburt is from Enderlin. 6'5" and fairly skilled. Probably should have said nothing as I must be biased as he does play for me.

what happened to Undlin and Klabo?

ITT when Hurlburt was mentioned which one were they talking about?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:59 pm

Flip wrote:
balla45 wrote:Undlin is from MLS. Sophomore. Personally I think sophomore with the 2nd most upside in ND behind Klabo. Not being biased as neither Undlin or Klabo play for me. Hurlburt is from Enderlin. 6'5" and fairly skilled. Probably should have said nothing as I must be biased as he does play for me.

Undlin went to MSUM for Football
Klabo went to NDSU for Football
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby packers21 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:14 pm

Flip wrote:

Both Hurlburts
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:39 pm

packers21 wrote:
Flip wrote:

Both Hurlburts

At the time I wrote it I believe Joe was playing PG for my 7th grade traveling team and the 4 for Trevor Zacher's 7th grade AAU team at 6'5". Gus was not as big in to basketball at that time. Had a really nice looking shot and was athletic but did not have that great of a feel. Fast forward 3 years and they are both D1 offered sophomores that lead a 1 loss high school team and will play for an AAU team that is likely nationally ranked in D1MN.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:54 pm

Joe Hurlburt got an offer from Colorado.

Am I wrong to think if Enderlin has 2 division 1 players, one being a high major, they should win back to back titles?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:03 pm

Flip wrote:Joe Hurlburt got an offer from Colorado.

Am I wrong to think if Enderlin has 2 division 1 players, one being a high major, they should win back to back titles?

I believe they are the favorite the next two year, they actually have much more talents than just those two. I believe they get 1.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:51 pm

6’10”, 6’8” and 6’6” is tough to guard in Class B basketball...but they can’t all play down low or it clogs the lane. I still think if all three big guys get even stronger they will be tough. I don’t think the Region is going to be quite as strong as it has been in the past but there is still plenty of height on contending teams to make it tough.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:53 pm

When is the last time a player from North Dakota has had so many high major college offers as Joe Hurlburt has had? Seems like every day he is offered from one school or another
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:15 pm

Who has offered? the only P5 school that I saw with an offer was Colorado.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:26 pm

Flip wrote:Who has offered? the only P5 school that I saw with an offer was Colorado.

Colorado
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin

NDSU
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:55 pm

wnrwnrckndnr wrote:When is the last time a player from North Dakota has had so many high major college offers as Joe Hurlburt has had? Seems like every day he is offered from one school or another

wow. good for him.

wnrwnrckndnr wrote:When is the last time a player from North Dakota has had so many high major college offers as Joe Hurlburt has had? Seems like every day he is offered from one school or another

I'll guess it has never happened. I'm not sure what offers Dufault had.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:38 am

Austin Dufault or maybe Jeff Boschee where the 2 I was thinking of? Was pretty young when Boschee was in college so wasn't sure if he had many offers or not? Should be fun to see what offers are to come and where he chooses to play
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:22 am

wnrwnrckndnr wrote:Austin Dufault or maybe Jeff Boschee where the 2 I was thinking of? Was pretty young when Boschee was in college so wasn't sure if he had many offers or not? Should be fun to see what offers are to come and where he chooses to play

I wasn't thinking that far back and was only thinking class b, but Boschee probably could have gone anywhere he wanted. Only McDonald's AA from ND.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:06 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Flip wrote:Who has offered? the only P5 school that I saw with an offer was Colorado.

Colorado
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin

NDSU

Add Nebraska to the mix
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:27 pm

packers21 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Colorado
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin

NDSU

Add Nebraska to the mix

With interest from many other power conference teams.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby leroybla » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:13 am

I will predict that Hurlbert follows the path of many local D1 prospects. He will accept a big time offer but will finish his career at a lower level closer to home.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:07 am

leroybla wrote:I will predict that Hurlbert follows the path of many local D1 prospects. He will accept a big time offer but will finish his career at a lower level closer to home.

Is there the chance that Gus improves as well and gets a lower D1 offer and they go to the same school? They are only going-to-be juniors, so plenty of time to wait and see if that option plays out too
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby packers21 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:17 pm

I don’t think they go anywhere together. I also think Joe plays basketball professionally.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby leroybla » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:44 pm

packers21 wrote:I don’t think they go anywhere together. I also think Joe plays basketball professionally.

Not in the NBA, IMO.
He's a big fish in a small pond now, and surrounded by other fairly large fish.Though young yet, they have a long way to go to impress me. Gotta win R1 first. Shoulda been able to do that last year but didn't.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND Sports Fan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:16 am

leroybla wrote:
packers21 wrote:I don’t think they go anywhere together. I also think Joe plays basketball professionally.

Not in the NBA, IMO.
He's a big fish in a small pond now, and surrounded by other fairly large fish.Though young yet, they have a long way to go to impress me. Gotta win R1 first. Shoulda been able to do that last year but didn't.

This is a GREAT point leroybla.

Let's punch the brakes just a bit here. Do not forget, these are 2, 16 year old boys. Let them be kids and enjoy this ride. What a great experience for these kids. As a lifelong ND Class B Boys BB fan, I am happy for and proud of them for the opportunities they are granted.

Before we anoint anyone as a professional basketball player, NBA or otherwise, remember, these enormously talented kids got beat by the #7 seed in the Region 1 tournament. They have not made an appearance in the North Dakota Class B Boys Basketball tournament, although a mecca in our state, certainly not a nationwide hotbed for Division 1 or NBA talent. They continue to develop and hone their skills in high school and the AAU circuit, and still have incredible up side. However, life with be different at ANY college, say nothing about the talent rich Power 5 Division 1 level. Life is a proving ground from birth. These 2 have made great strides. Things will only get tougher. Let's be proud of them, but temper the expectations and pressure, while letting them ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:33 am

ND Sports Fan wrote:
leroybla wrote:

Not in the NBA, IMO.

Let's punch the brakes just a bit here. Do not forget, these are 2, 16 year old boys. Let them be kids and enjoy this ride. What a great experience for these kids. As a lifelong ND Class B Boys BB fan, I am happy for and proud of them for the opportunities they are granted.

Before we anoint anyone as a professional basketball player, NBA or otherwise, remember, these enormously talented kids got beat by the #7 seed in the Region 1 tournament. They have not made an appearance in the North Dakota Class B Boys Basketball tournament, although a mecca in our state, certainly not a nationwide hotbed for Division 1 or NBA talent. They continue to develop and hone their skills in high school and the AAU circuit, and still have incredible up side. However, life with be different at ANY college, say nothing about the talent rich Power 5 Division 1 level. Life is a proving ground from birth. These 2 have made great strides. Things will only get tougher. Let's be proud of them, but temper the expectations and pressure, while letting them ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!

They don’t need to win Region 1 to go on and be successful. I am letting them enjoy the ride, anyone who has the opportunity should be going to watch them play.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND Sports Fan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:01 am

packers21 wrote:
ND Sports Fan wrote:
leroybla wrote:

Not in the NBA, IMO.

They don’t need to win Region 1 to go on and be successful. I am letting them enjoy the ride, anyone who has the opportunity should be going to watch them play.

They are fun to watch.
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:29 pm

balla45 wrote:He is 6’9”. He can dribble. He can move. He can shoot. He has a high IQ. I would confidently state he will have the opportunity to get paid to play basketball.

247 has him as the #47 prospect in the 2022 class in their recent release.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys