NEW: 16-17 region 1

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: NEW: 16-17 region 1

Postby vikingman » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Could anyone give me the usual starting 5 for Oak Grove?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sparty48 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Region 1 is the best region to watch hands down, anyone can win it. With scores going on like they are it's going to be a crazy tournament. Hanson is the real deal, but Cooper Lingen played outstanding. He has started slow but peaking at the right time, just needs more scoring help. But when Richland is hot there tough hard nose kids. They Play Hankenson Monday that will be a big game for both. Milnor an NC Saturday that's gonna be game of the week.
Sparty48
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jack Squad » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:24 pm

Hankinson beats Maple Valley by 10ish in a game where Nick Mauch scored 41 (unofficially) and Hunter Smith scored at least 35 wouldn't be surprised if he outscored nick. Good game where it was close the whole game until late in the 4th when Nick went off. Maple Valley did a very good job at containing Cody Mauch. They had 3 or 4 guys on him the whole game. This really opened the floor for Nick to drive and hit layups. Cody only had 1 at half. (Ended with 13)
Hunter is the real deal. Scored 95% of his teams points in the first half. Mid-3rd quarter, hankinson changed to a box and one. Devan Round did a great job at not letting Hunter get the ball. Teams cannot take Maple Valley lightly. Very physical team that plays very solid offense. Looking forward to a Great region 1 tournament.
Jack Squad
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mnnd » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:19 pm

Oak Grove's starting 5 is Sr Devon Foster, Sr Bryce Bakkegard, Sr Justin Berg, Jr Andrew Christianson and with Sr Jimmy Slagle out with an ACL tear in 1st game, it is currently Jr TJ Anderson
mnnd
NDPreps Rookie

Postby vikingman » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:44 pm

thanks, that info will be used in the webcast of CC and OG
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:54 pm

D_fense, you are correct about Hunter Smith from Maple Valley. He's a talented bb player and one of the better players in region 1. He carried MV today and can shoot the lights out from three. He's only a Jr so I expect he'll have a huge senior season.

Northern Cass still deserves to be the Region 1 favorite, but today's game between MV & Hankinson shows why I believe Hankinson will take this region. MV shut down Cody Mauch in the first half, but their PG Nick Mauch came thru with a huge game. Nick set the single game record for scoring for HHS with 41 points. Having 2 kids of this ability, one who can dominate inside and one outside, can carry a team through this difficult region.

It'll be a great Region 1 tournament & these February regional games are gonna be fun to watch. MV earned my respect today & they will get a few more upset wins along the way.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sparty48 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:39 pm

Milnor-North Sargent @ Oak Grove = Oak Grove because no one beats Oak at Oak with their rims
Northern Cass @ Tri-State= NC because it's Tri state
Hankinson @ Richland= Richland rivalry game I believe richland has the size and D to stop Hank
Enderlin @ Central Cass= CC playing stronger
Maple Valley @ Wyndmere-Lidgerwood= Tough one but I will say WL at home
Sparty48
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoophoophoop » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:27 am

Richland played #4 ranked team in South Dakota this weekend and a shot to win at the end, came up short again.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wem » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:53 am

I was at Hankinson-Richland game tonight. 2- point game @ halftime turned into a route. Richland plays very well together. They killed Hankinson on offensive boards and they couldn't miss from 3-point land in 2nd half. Hankinson better be ready to find some offensive on Thurs, or OG will blow them right out of there own gym. Hankinson could win this region, but they need to get it figured out soon.
wem
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:28 am

Oak Grove/M-NS was a track meet with a display of shooting...if it wasn't for a lackluster 3rd quarter the game would have been 100+ to 90+! Oak Grove came out hot shooting 11-16 from the floor including 7-7 from beyond the arc in the opening quarter! Hanson & Sakry lead M-NS in scoring...OG was led by Christianson and 3 others in double digits.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:30 am

If everyone could have rims like oak grove does they would score that many too, still a good shooting though
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mnnd » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:30 am

Was also at the OG-MNS game and impressed by Sr Justin Berg who had a great game. OG really made Jake H work hard for his points. MNS could really use a speedy backcourt companion to Jake.
mnnd
NDPreps Rookie

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:48 am

wem wrote:I was at Hankinson-Richland game tonight. 2- point game @ halftime turned into a route. Richland plays very well together. They killed Hankinson on offensive boards and they couldn't miss from 3-point land in 2nd half. Hankinson better be ready to find some offensive on Thurs, or OG will blow them right out of there own gym. Hankinson could win this region, but they need to get it figured out soon.

You are correct Wem that Hankinson needs to figure this out soon. Offensively, the Pirates had no spacing whatsoever last night. They didn't move the ball and flat out didn't play well. Defensively, Hankinson needs to pick it up and get their hands off their knees. Richland, on the other hand, deflected passes all night on Defense, and Offensively they zipped the ball around the court and worked it inside when they needed to. I believe a less-talented Richland team completely outhustled Hankinson last night, especially for the loose balls. Richland did shoot a lot of 3's in the 2nd half, and to their credit they made almost every one.

At this point of the season, Cooper Lingen needs to be in consideration for Region 1 MVP. He has Richland in the race and leads the way for this team. For tonight, he was the best player on the court and he did it on both ends. Nobody outside of Richland figured they'd be in the position they currently are.

If Hankinson wants to make a run, they need to get hungry and work harder. They have the horses to do it with the Mauch's and some very decent other pieces. However, Richland was much hungrier last night and they had something to prove.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sparty48 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:40 pm

Richland showed everyone last night how good they really are. They had the mauch's both pretty locked up. Watching this team, they're getting better every game. I am truly impressed with this team. If they can keep the gas on for the next two games, then it's going to be a battle against NC on Tuesday.. Region 1 is getting extremely competitive.
Sparty48
NDPreps Starter

Postby wem » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:02 am

Sparty, Richland didn't have both Mauchs locked up, but I guess that depends on what you call locked up.
wem
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sparty48 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:21 pm

Who do you got tonight?
Thursday, February 2nd
Oak Grove @ Hankinson= Oak Grove
Central Cass @ Northern Cass= NC
Richland @ Enderlin=Richland
Wyndmere-Lidgerwood @ Sargent Central=WL
Tri-State @ Maple Valley=MV
Sparty48
NDPreps Starter

Postby leroybla » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:19 pm

Sparty48 wrote:Who do you got tonight?
Thursday, February 2nd
Oak Grove @ Hankinson= Oak Grove
Central Cass @ Northern Cass= NC
Richland @ Enderlin=Richland
Wyndmere-Lidgerwood @ Sargent Central=WL
Tri-State @ Maple Valley=MV

sounds about right.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sparty48 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:12 pm

some big games today for region 1.. how does Maple Valley lose to Tri-State? I think game of the week is Northern Cass vs Richland... who you guys got? If Richland can keep the gas on and fight like they did with Hankenson then they got a chance. But if Logan Nelson and Bomart get hot it's going to be a long day for Richland. If there is a team that can beat NC I think it's going to be Richland. Can Richlands athletesiem contain NC star power? It's gonna be a battle. Kindred against Hankenson is another good one too. But Hankenson is on a tail spin that can't be stopped. Kindred will probably get them unless the Mauchs get going. Hankenson was a contender for the region but in my opinion not any more.
Sparty48
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:54 pm

M-NS def. Kindred 64-62
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby wem » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:36 pm

Sparty, Obviously you don't live around here but love your Colts. I can appreciate that, as I am also impressed with the Colts. Your comments and spelling of teams and players makes me think you are not in touch with the local teams.
wem
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sparty48 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:18 am

wem wrote:Sparty, Obviously you don't live around here but love your Colts. I can appreciate that, as I am also impressed with the Colts. Your comments and spelling of teams and players makes me think you are not in touch with the local teams.
no just interested in good basketball. I am impressed with the Colts, no one gave them credit an they stepped up. Actually from Milnor an we beat Richland, but Richland is a team not to sleep on. Very impressed
Sparty48
NDPreps Starter

Postby imjustafan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:46 am

This is one that probably should have been posted sooner:

All Richland home varsity games are webcast at www.ndhssports.com

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
imjustafan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wan2bqb » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:13 pm

There are about 8 teams you cannot sleep on in region 1. I would say right now there is a log jam behind NC and OG for the three through six spots in the region. After head to head what is the regional tie breaker in a multi team tie? Anyone know for sure? I would say all eight teams that reach it to NDSCS better bring their A games because nobody has a first round cake walk. I won't say they have the top team in the state but top to bottom region one in my opinion is the deepest and toughest region to make it out of and make it yo state. They have been beating each other up all season. Fun basketball coming up over the next few weeks.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:48 pm

most likely is to take the 3+ teams in the tie breaker and the team with the best region win gets the highest seed. Then go back to head to head.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:55 pm

Flip wrote:most likely is to take the 3+ teams in the tie breaker and the team with the best region win gets the highest seed. Then go back to head to head.

Head-to-Head is first tiebreaker...if say 3 teams are tied 1-1 in the H2H tiebreaker then it may go to Point differential in those games...not sure yet...may happen on the girls side of things this week (2-6 seeds is messy) then we'll know for sure what it is :wink:
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

PreviousNext

Return to Boys