Region 2 16-17

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 2 16-17

Postby Ball4Him » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:34 pm

grywyn2 wrote:M-M against PR-F-L, the younger Schuster scored 27 (21 of that came from treys) older Schuster 16,I know it was there first game but they looked real good. Coach needs to keep them grounded, until the final buzzer rings. Does anyone notice the chemistry between the Schusters and Altendorf?

Yes, I was there, the chemistry between those 3 and the whole of the starters is crazy. Those three and Eliason have been together since 3rd and 4th grade, so I guess it's expected then.
Ball4Him
NDPreps Starter

Postby grywyn » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:26 am

My Rankings after Week one are
1. Thompson
2. Hillsboro- Central Valley
3. Larimore
4. Midway-Minto
5. Grafton
6. Cavalier
7. Hatton Northwood
8. Park River-FL
9. May Port CG
10. F-S-H-P
11. Drayton Valley Edinburg
12. Griggs County
13. North Border
grywyn
NDPreps Starter

Postby grywyn2 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:41 pm

Agreed MM doesn't know what the winning feeling is. They are inconsistent
grywyn2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ball4Him » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:04 pm

D Schuster had another 21 points tonight(4 three pointers) and J Schuster had 19 in a big comeback against Langdon

P.S.- Coach Robinson was not at the game today and Mustangs still came back from being down 31-11
Ball4Him
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:36 pm

Ball4Him wrote:D Schuster had another 21 points tonight(4 three pointers) and J Schuster had 19 in a big comeback against Langdon

P.S.- Coach Robinson was not at the game today and Mustangs still came back from being down 31-11

Now maybe Langdon/Edmore has a bunch back, but didn't they win 2-3 games last year? I wouldn't consider this a great accomplishment if Midway-Minto has aspirations of playing with HCV or Thompson.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ball4Him » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
Ball4Him wrote:D Schuster had another 21 points tonight(4 three pointers) and J Schuster had 19 in a big comeback against Langdon

Now maybe Langdon/Edmore has a bunch back, but didn't they win 2-3 games last year? I wouldn't consider this a great accomplishment if Midway-Minto has aspirations of playing with HCV or Thompson.

It was very ugly at the beginning. There was a lot of hacking not getting called, but I'll look past that. Langdon was hitting all there shots in the first half and M-M was committing many turnovers. They did keep their composure and started fighting back. Although it was probably a step back for the Mustangs, I would say the second half showed how much growth they have had being able to comeback and close out the game.
Ball4Him
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Blue » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:10 am

Langdon-Munich won six or seven wins last after several one-win and no-win type seasons. They really, really struggled for a year or two in football and made a run in the A semi-finals this year. It's an up-and-coming program. Their basketball team has really benefited from a junior transfer from Turtle Mountain. A great win on paper for Midway-Minto? Perhaps not. But Langdon-Munich has a nice team and it showed the Mustangs can win a close game down the stretch. The Schusters are players potentially in consideration for All-State. They are the real deal.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:46 pm

Big Blue wrote:Langdon-Munich won six or seven wins last after several one-win and no-win type seasons. They really, really struggled for a year or two in football and made a run in the A semi-finals this year. It's an up-and-coming program. Their basketball team has really benefited from a junior transfer from Turtle Mountain. A great win on paper for Midway-Minto? Perhaps not. But Langdon-Munich has a nice team and it showed the Mustangs can win a close game down the stretch. The Schusters are players potentially in consideration for All-State. They are the real deal.

IMO if you have 2 potential all-staters on your team, you had better be belting an up and coming team by a substantial amount, not falling behind by 20 then squeaking out a win. Now I haven't seen either HCV, Thompson, or MM play this year - however, I saw them all last year on more than 1 occasion, and again IMO HCV in particular will win handily against MM, while Thompson will beat them in a more competitive game. That being said, Robinson usually finds away to compete with teams considered better than his, so I wouldn't fall over from shock if MM were to beat either of these teams. I don't think it will happen though.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby grywyn2 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:34 pm

M-M Boys respond very well to Coach Josh, most of the them were on his B squad last year. He never screams or yells at them out on the court, and they respond much better than that screaming at them in front of everyone. We, as adults don't want to be screamed at for a mistake in front of room full of people. He takes them out and corrects them. Best thing for everyone combined. It was a close game against Langdon and Josh saw them thru to the end. But you have to remember the Schusters, Trenton, and Altendorf have been playing together on traveling teams since the were 4 graders, Mr Schuster coached them, teaching them and showing them how fun it is to win.
grywyn2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby packers21 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:04 pm

grywyn2 wrote:M-M Boys respond very well to Coach Josh, most of the them were on his B squad last year. He never screams or yells at them out on the court, and they respond much better than that screaming at them in front of everyone. We, as adults don't want to be screamed at for a mistake in front of room full of people. He takes them out and corrects them. Best thing for everyone combined. It was a close game against Langdon and Josh saw them thru to the end. But you have to remember the Schusters, Trenton, and Altendorf have been playing together on traveling teams since the were 4 graders, Mr Schuster coached them, teaching them and showing them how fun it is to win.

Robinson is one of the best coaches around. Mm has 2 potential all region players and players that understand their rolls which is just as important. They are very hit or miss, but when they are hitting they will be a tough out.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Big Blue » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:30 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
Big Blue wrote:Langdon-Munich won six or seven wins last after several one-win and no-win type seasons. They really, really struggled for a year or two in football and made a run in the A semi-finals this year. It's an up-and-coming program. Their basketball team has really benefited from a junior transfer from Turtle Mountain. A great win on paper for Midway-Minto? Perhaps not. But Langdon-Munich has a nice team and it showed the Mustangs can win a close game down the stretch. The Schusters are players potentially in consideration for All-State. They are the real deal.

IMO if you have 2 potential all-staters on your team, you had better be belting an up and coming team by a substantial amount, not falling behind by 20 then squeaking out a win. Now I haven't seen either HCV, Thompson, or MM play this year - however, I saw them all last year on more than 1 occasion, and again IMO HCV in particular will win handily against MM, while Thompson will beat them in a more competitive game. That being said, Robinson usually finds away to compete with teams considered better than his, so I wouldn't fall over from shock if MM were to beat either of these teams. I don't think it will happen though.

You got me. HCV handled them easily last year, up by two points going into the final minute ultimately winning 59-52. Despite the Burros trailing at quarter breaks, they were dominating the action. The Mustangs must have been so embarrassed losing by seven in Hillsboro. What a bloodbath that was.
Last edited by Big Blue on Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Big Blue » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:32 pm

grywyn2 wrote:M-M Boys respond very well to Coach Josh, most of the them were on his B squad last year. He never screams or yells at them out on the court, and they respond much better than that screaming at them in front of everyone. We, as adults don't want to be screamed at for a mistake in front of room full of people. He takes them out and corrects them. Best thing for everyone combined. It was a close game against Langdon and Josh saw them thru to the end. But you have to remember the Schusters, Trenton, and Altendorf have been playing together on traveling teams since the were 4 graders, Mr Schuster coached them, teaching them and showing them how fun it is to win.

While Robinson does point out what is wrong on occasion, I have never thought of him as a screamer. Through the years, it has always seemed as if he has his teams prepared.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:34 pm

Big Blue wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:

You got me. HCV handled them easily last year, up by two points going into the final minute ultimately winning 59-52. Despite the Burros trailing at quarter breaks, they were dominating the action. The Mustangs must have been so embarrassed losing by seven in Hillsboro. What a bloodbath that was.

I didn't say one word about last year, did I? I could care less what happened last year. The Hcv team you saw last year isn't the one they are putting on the floor this year. And you don't have to be so sensitive. I'm giving my opinion. Feel free to disagree.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Big Blue » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:08 pm

"Now I haven't seen either HCV, Thompson, or MM play this year."
Without seeing any of the three teams play aren't you basing a majority off of last year? Oh yeah you said that that:
"however, I saw them all last year on more than 1 occasion, and again IMO HCV in particular will win handily against MM, while Thompson will beat them in a more competitive game."
Not sensitive at all. We're all making predictions and opinions. You don't agree about my assessment of Midway-Minto, I don't agree with you basing who will beat who handily if you haven't seen any of the three teams play. You are basing it on LAST YEAR. And last year, Midway-Minto played Thompson and hcv in very competitive games. Based on last year and what those teams return, I assume they should be good games again.
We will have agree to disagree. I am fine with that.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:23 pm

Big Blue wrote:"Now I haven't seen either HCV, Thompson, or MM play this year."
Without seeing any of the three teams play aren't you basing a majority off of last year? Oh yeah you said that that:
"however, I saw them all last year on more than 1 occasion, and again IMO HCV in particular will win handily against MM, while Thompson will beat them in a more competitive game."
Not sensitive at all. We're all making predictions and opinions. You don't agree about my assessment of Midway-Minto, I don't agree with you basing who will beat who handily if you haven't seen any of the three teams play. You are basing it on LAST YEAR. And last year, Midway-Minto played Thompson and hcv in very competitive games. Based on last year and what those teams return, I assume they should be good games again.
We will have agree to disagree. I am fine with that.

What I meant was last years game between mm and Hcv, since you based your previous comments soley on that game. Hcv maybe played terrible or awesome that night, same for MM. I obviously had to base my opinion off of something. HCV HAS 5 if there top 7 back and a young freshman or two that are very good, off a team that went 21-3 and lost a heartbreaker in the region finals. MM has a talented but less so IMO team that lost the opener of the region and was about a 500 team. That's where my opinion is being generated from. Your previous response was very condescending- no where did I state HCV "dominated" ,that it was a "bloodbath" and ""embarrassing". Fine disagreeing.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Big Blue » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:31 pm

Sounds good. For some reason, hcv seems to have heart-breaking losses year after year.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:15 pm

Talk about last year, form an opinion for last year's results, then claim not to have talked about last year (when you actually did) and belittle another poster when you're wrong. Great post.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsman21 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:37 am

Watched Larimore and Midway-Minto was a pretty tight game until towards the end of the 3rd quarter were Larimore started to pull ahead a few points. I really like how Larimore adjusted to what they have for players. Jason Farrell really impressed me first ever varsity start and had a few clutch 3s he's a great outside shooter with height to play down low. On a grade scale I would give Larimores outside shooting an A and inside shooting a B. Defense wasn't the greatest but it was there first game of the year so probably a little rusty.
Midway played well they hit there shots when they needed to yet they got themselves in foul trouble early in both halves. Played well on defense also especially down low.
Great win for Larimore to start of the year!
sportsman21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsman21 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:40 am

I do think Larimore has some work to do right now they aren't the team they were last year. They really picked up on there outside shooting but was scrappy on defense. They like to play a slow paced game and didn't do that against Midway-Minto. Maybe Larimore switched it up this year... idk
sportsman21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Big Blue » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:34 am

I bet that was a good game. Two teams with completely different styles with a lot of guys who return experience. Both Larimore and Midway-Minto teams that are projected to be in the upper middle of the pack who are working hard to get to the top. Should be a fun season!
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grywyn » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:23 am

Robinson not a screamer..... sit behind the bench
grywyn
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:40 am

Flip wrote:Talk about last year, form an opinion for last year's results, then claim not to have talked about last year (when you actually did) and belittle another poster when you're wrong. Great post.

Come on here, troll two people having a conversation that had nothing to do with you, incorrectly state someone belittled someone else, add nothing to the topic of region 2 basketball. Great post.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:42 am

Big Blue wrote:Sounds good. For some reason, hcv seems to have heart-breaking losses year after year.

Yes - probably haven't been the best team in the region besides possibly last year, but have lost a pile of close games.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:57 am

GUYS...keep the discussion going...let's not add a 'feud' to the topic. You want to continue a 'feud' do it via the DMs
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby grywyn2 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:16 am

Does Cavalier have the same coach as last year?
grywyn2
NDPreps Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Boys