Grand Am

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Grand Am

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:12 am

Going to be in Grand Forks this weekend to watch the Jr. Grand Am. After looking over the brackets, would like to hear who the players are making up the various teams. Please list any teams coming from your area, including team names, players, division and part of the state. It would be great to know in advance in order to see various games/players.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Re: Grand Am

Postby d_fense » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:05 pm

I believe the AAU organization North Dakota Phenom will be bringing some of their teams. Try to catch their 17U team. they should be fun to watch. You can find their roster online.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:06 pm

Here are some of the teams listed in high school division. Tried to just include ND teams. Not sure on some of them. If you know the rosters and town/towns included in these teams, please feel free to post.

ND Phenom 17U
D6 All Stars
Milnor Jesters
Minot Huskies
Midwest Elite
ND Elite
ECI Nation
PRFL
Fargo South
S/A Storm
GF Braves
Enderlin Tropics
ND Phenom (Wiest)
ND Phenom (Bruhn)
G-G Chargers
Minto Cement Suits
Mantador Mustangs
ND Cougars
Newburg Treys for Days
West Fargo Mustangs
BC Bombers
Pingree Blue Raiders
Fargo KC's
ORCS Knights
DL Thee Squares
GF Central
St. Hilaire
Sanford Pagi
Valley Edinburg Titans
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby scout_101 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:03 pm

Was in Devils lake watching the elks 9th grade basketball tournament and seen a Woodlake 9th grade team.( Has some 8th graders on there also) but mostly a region 4 teams. Fw/m, new Rockford, Devils lake, dunsieth, St. John Harvey benson county and Towner. Team surprised me on how well they played with each other and how they play fast paced. As I was asking around about the players, most players come from a good basketball names in that area. Like like there's a Yankton kid that's very good and an 8th grader, allamars from new Rockford a very good ball handler, the two younger Redfoxs that are good, younger dahlen from Devils lake is pretty tough. They won the tournament, but I'm excited to watch them play in the grand am this weekend. Good seeing a lot of talent from the region 4 area
scout_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:56 pm

My teams' rosters are online.

Sanford Pagi is Feeney, Geiger, Leingang, Leidholm, Olson, Lund, Bolinske, Booker, and I think I am forgetting someone.

ND Elite is Volson, Gabrielson, Jacobs, Poitra, Walcker, Feather, McKay, and possibly Nieuwsma and Sadowsky.

Cougars are Hanson, Hanson, Effertz, Marquardt, Henry, Foster, etc. from that region.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:44 pm

Mantador Mustangs vs ND Phenom A team for the HS championship.

Mantador roster: all H.S. Juniors - bunch of farm boys out to have some fun.

Cody Mauch - Hankinson
Nick Mauch - Hankinson
Ryan Biewer - Hankinson
Ethan Lingen - Kindred
Cooper Lingen - Richland
Carson Yaggie - Breckenridge
Nick Nelson - Northern Cass
Charlie Wynn - Hockey player from Wahpeton
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:26 pm

Halftime score:

Mantador Farm boys 18

ND Phenom 17
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:55 pm

Mantador 55 ND Phenom 48.

Final
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:41 pm

They run good stuff. Big Mauch fan. I probably should have went to a zone as well. My group needs to o board more. Playing without Eikens impacts us more than anticipated. Excited to get going next weekend with Slaughter.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Edger » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:37 pm

Was finally able to make it to the Grand Am. I had the opportunity to watch some great games. There were a lot of talented players there and several well put together teams. Spotted some coaches play by play interactions with their players, correcting and teaching basic skills throughout the game. Loved it. I was particularly impressed with Cordell Volson's play. During the games I witnessed, he was eating other teams bigs for breakfast. Overall from ND teams that I paid attention to, because, well, I'm from ND, the quality of players on the Phenom teams up and down the scope was outstanding. I venture to say this is a very good AAU program. Great Job Coaches from Phenom and the like. I tip my hat to all the coaches who participated and parents who dedicate this kind of time to youth activities.
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys