2016 All-State Team

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2016 All-State Team

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:28 pm

CLASS B BOYS ALL-STATE TEAM
FIRST TEAM
Graham Hurlburt, Enderlin
Brody Nieuwsma, Strasburg/Zeeland
Jason Feather, Four Winds-Minnewaukan
Dalton Poitra, St John
Hayden Sadowsky, Hettinger-Scranton

SECOND TEAM
Grady Bresnahan, Central Cass
Logan Nelson, Northern Cass
Ethan Brown, Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page
Jayden Grover, Griggs County Central
Hunter Pinke, South Border
Jayden Komrosky, North Star
Tronis McKay, Four Winds-Minnewaukan
Zac Martin, Shiloh Christian
Josh VanLith, Our Redeemer's
Cordell Volson, Drake-Anamoose
Wyatt Carr, Hazen
Deyondre Simpson, Parshall
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14348
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:56 pm

There were not 5 players in Class B North Dakota better than Wyatt Carr this season.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4073
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby vikingman » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:10 pm

Congrats to Jayden Komrosky. That's 8 straight years that North Star has put at least one player on the team, at least 4 of those years they've had 2.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby packers21 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:34 pm

balla45 wrote:There were not 5 players in Class B North Dakota better than Wyatt Carr this season.


So which one of the seniors would you take off ?

The 3 Mr. Basketball finalists?
Mr. Basketball?
Or the kid who scored over 2,000 pts ?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:09 am

packers21 wrote:
balla45 wrote:There were not 5 players in Class B North Dakota better than Wyatt Carr this season.


So which one of the seniors would you take off ?

The 3 Mr. Basketball finalists?
Mr. Basketball?
Or the kid who scored over 2,000 pts ?


Rather not give a name. 3 of them played for me.

I don't think any 1st Team All State player is better than Carr though.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4073
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:02 am

I tend to agree with Balla about Carr.

But we all need to remember that this process is extremely flawed and there really is no way to correct it. In addition to being a good player and having good numbers, if they have a coach who will politic for them with the media, that kid will have an advantage.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby q » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:39 am

EHS1998 wrote:I tend to agree with Balla about Carr.

But we all need to remember that this process is extremely flawed and there really is no way to correct it. In addition to being a good player and having good numbers, if they have a coach who will politic for them with the media, that kid will have an advantage.

I'm not sure what process you're describing. It is up to a media representative in each region to get opinions from the coaches. Coaches can choose players from their region, but not players from their own team. That would seem to be opposite of what you're suggesting. Carr very narrowly missed the first team, but since the names are released in random order, you'd have no way of knowing that.
q -- the only letter that does not appear in any US state name
q
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:48 am

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:29 am

Q - My understanding is that media members from any area can vote for any nominee, therefore, if a coach politics successfully with media sources from different areas, their players chances of getting votes improves.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:59 pm

EHS1998, I thought Entzi from EKM would be on the second team. What is your thought on him being left off?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:09 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:EHS1998, I thought Entzi from EKM would be on the second team. What is your thought on him being left off?


I thought Connor was probably deserving but that Drew Thielges from LLM would more than likely be ahead of him. However, for my money, Brennan Vance was the third best all around player in Region 3 this past year behind Niewsma and Pinke.

I just want to be clear that I am not taking anything away from Connor, most years he is an absolute All stater.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby baloncesto » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:42 am

balla45 wrote:There were not 5 players in Class B North Dakota better than Wyatt Carr this season.

Without a doubt I think there are 2-3 guys i would take off in favor in Carr. IMO also, if we are talking about the best 5 basketball players, I have a hard time keeping Pinke off that list. Not sure his stats though, so i could be wrong. Obviously he never made it to state and didn't get his name out there also. I think Thielges and Entzi are both missing from second team. A case could be made for Jake Hanson from MNS.
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
User avatar
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:56 am

Wyatt Carr is a tremendous basketball player, he was probably deserving of being on the 1st team. I haven't seen all of the 5 first team selections play, I have seen 3 of them play. Make no mistake, all of those 3 are deserving of the team they were on. If you have seen all 5 play and then feel that Carr should have been on the team I respect your opinion. I know Balla probably has seen all of them play, so I respect his opinion. If you haven't seen all of them play, please don't come on here and try to diminish the accomplishments of the ones who were named to the team. Just so we're clear, I have seen Wyatt Carr play and of the players I have seen play this year he is in the top 4 without question.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby leroybla » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:24 pm

The Schwab wrote:Wyatt Carr is a tremendous basketball player, he was probably deserving of being on the 1st team. I haven't seen all of the 5 first team selections play, I have seen 3 of them play. Make no mistake, all of those 3 are deserving of the team they were on. If you have seen all 5 play and then feel that Carr should have been on the team I respect your opinion. I know Balla probably has seen all of them play, so I respect his opinion. If you haven't seen all of them play, please don't come on here and try to diminish the accomplishments of the ones who were named to the team. Just so we're clear, I have seen Wyatt Carr play and of the players I have seen play this year he is in the top 4 without question.


While I expect all the mentioned players were leaders on their teams, and had good stats, their teams played very different schedules. Hazen's SOS number was only .510. Of course, players on FW-M have the benefit of winning the state tournament, and presumeably playing against the best competition in the state, and ended with a .606 SOS. Teams from Griggs County Central, FSHP, and Drake were below .500 SOS and Enderlin at .501 and Hazen at .510 SOS. Personal stats may be a bit inflated with these teams.
leroybla
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby packers21 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:34 pm

I think it's funny all you guys have a problem with the list but no one has the intestinal fortitude to say who they would take off the teams.

For me I wouldn't touch the the first team I think they are fine IMO. Second team I would take off Brown for a player like Entzi who I think is a better player and played on a better team.

And EHS a coach doesn't politic for a player to make the team. In fact you can't even vote for a player from your own team.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby scc » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:14 pm

packers21 wrote:I think it's funny all you guys have a problem with the list but no one has the intestinal fortitude to say who they would take off the teams.

For me I wouldn't touch the the first team I think they are fine IMO. Second team I would take off Brown for a player like Entzi who I think is a better player and played on a better team.

And EHS a coach doesn't politic for a player to make the team. In fact you can't even vote for a player from your own team.

I don't see anything wrong with some good debate over guys who may have just missed the honor, but it seems a bit unfair to start pointing out who you'd take off the list. Region 2's best player this year was Brown, and he had an all-state season.
scc
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:52 am
Location: East

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby packers21 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:22 pm

scc wrote:
packers21 wrote:I think it's funny all you guys have a problem with the list but no one has the intestinal fortitude to say who they would take off the teams.

For me I wouldn't touch the the first team I think they are fine IMO. Second team I would take off Brown for a player like Entzi who I think is a better player and played on a better team.

And EHS a coach doesn't politic for a player to make the team. In fact you can't even vote for a player from your own team.

I don't see anything wrong with some good debate over guys who may have just missed the honor, but it seems a bit unfair to start pointing out who you'd take off the list. Region 2's best player this year was Brown, and he had an all-state season.



The ENTIRE reason for this site is to debate...one of the reasons everyone has stopped posting on here and its been so slow is everyone is so scared to debate anything. If you're going to say someone should def be on the list you should be able to resonably argue why and who you would take off without hurting anyones feelings..all of these players are great. And I would love to argue your point of Brown being the best playing in region 2.. that to me is almost laughable.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby scc » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:35 pm

packers21 wrote:
scc wrote:
packers21 wrote:I think it's funny all you guys have a problem with the list but no one has the intestinal fortitude to say who they would take off the teams.

For me I wouldn't touch the the first team I think they are fine IMO. Second team I would take off Brown for a player like Entzi who I think is a better player and played on a better team.

And EHS a coach doesn't politic for a player to make the team. In fact you can't even vote for a player from your own team.

I don't see anything wrong with some good debate over guys who may have just missed the honor, but it seems a bit unfair to start pointing out who you'd take off the list. Region 2's best player this year was Brown, and he had an all-state season.



The ENTIRE reason for this site is to debate...one of the reasons everyone has stopped posting on here and its been so slow is everyone is so scared to debate anything. If you're going to say someone should def be on the list you should be able to resonably argue why and who you would take off without hurting anyones feelings..all of these players are great. And I would love to argue your point of Brown being the best playing in region 2.. that to me is almost laughable.


Read what I said. I don't see anything wrong with debating who may have missed all-state, but to argue over who should have the award taken away is not necessary. Brown was everything for FSHP, a team that was decimated by injuries. Had Grover not been hurt for over a fourth of the season, you could put him right up there. They both made all-state. Was there anyone head-and-shoulders above the rest of Region 2 this year? No.
scc
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:52 am
Location: East

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:45 pm

One player I watched play this season that IMO could have a strong case for being on this team was Shawn Stoltz from Dickinson Trinity.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby packers21 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:46 pm

scc wrote:
packers21 wrote:
scc wrote:
packers21 wrote:I think it's funny all you guys have a problem with the list but no one has the intestinal fortitude to say who they would take off the teams.

For me I wouldn't touch the the first team I think they are fine IMO. Second team I would take off Brown for a player like Entzi who I think is a better player and played on a better team.

And EHS a coach doesn't politic for a player to make the team. In fact you can't even vote for a player from your own team.

I don't see anything wrong with some good debate over guys who may have just missed the honor, but it seems a bit unfair to start pointing out who you'd take off the list. Region 2's best player this year was Brown, and he had an all-state season.



The ENTIRE reason for this site is to debate...one of the reasons everyone has stopped posting on here and its been so slow is everyone is so scared to debate anything. If you're going to say someone should def be on the list you should be able to resonably argue why and who you would take off without hurting anyones feelings..all of these players are great. And I would love to argue your point of Brown being the best playing in region 2.. that to me is almost laughable.


Read what I said. I don't see anything wrong with debating who may have missed all-state, but to argue over who should have the award taken away is not necessary. Brown was everything for FSHP, a team that was decimated by injuries. Had Grover not been hurt for over a fourth of the season, you could put him right up there. They both made all-state. Was there anyone head-and-shoulders above the rest of Region 2 this year? No.



I did read what you said. I just dont agree I guess I dont see a problem saying I would take anyone off. Brown literally took 65%+ shots for a team that won what 6 games, anyone is gunna put up high totals like that. I also like Grovers game but he missed half of the season. Neither of these two were even the best post in the region the last half or more of the year, droog from Grafton was and lead his team to state. Neither of these guys got their teams to the Betty.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby scc » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:52 pm

packers21 wrote:
scc wrote:
packers21 wrote:
scc wrote:
packers21 wrote:I think it's funny all you guys have a problem with the list but no one has the intestinal fortitude to say who they would take off the teams.

For me I wouldn't touch the the first team I think they are fine IMO. Second team I would take off Brown for a player like Entzi who I think is a better player and played on a better team.

And EHS a coach doesn't politic for a player to make the team. In fact you can't even vote for a player from your own team.

I don't see anything wrong with some good debate over guys who may have just missed the honor, but it seems a bit unfair to start pointing out who you'd take off the list. Region 2's best player this year was Brown, and he had an all-state season.



The ENTIRE reason for this site is to debate...one of the reasons everyone has stopped posting on here and its been so slow is everyone is so scared to debate anything. If you're going to say someone should def be on the list you should be able to resonably argue why and who you would take off without hurting anyones feelings..all of these players are great. And I would love to argue your point of Brown being the best playing in region 2.. that to me is almost laughable.


Read what I said. I don't see anything wrong with debating who may have missed all-state, but to argue over who should have the award taken away is not necessary. Brown was everything for FSHP, a team that was decimated by injuries. Had Grover not been hurt for over a fourth of the season, you could put him right up there. They both made all-state. Was there anyone head-and-shoulders above the rest of Region 2 this year? No.



I did read what you said. I just dont agree I guess I dont see a problem saying I would take anyone off. Brown literally took 65%+ shots for a team that won what 6 games, anyone is gunna put up high totals like that. I also like Grovers game but he missed half of the season. Neither of these two were even the best post in the region the last half or more of the year, droog from Grafton was and lead his team to state. Neither of these guys got their teams to the Betty.


Droog would have been very deserving for all-state. They made a great late-season run.

FSHP averaged 50 points per game, 24 of which were Brown's. So, he took literally 65%+ of the team's shots? Literally an exaggeration.

Grover did not miss half the season. Literally another exaggeration.
scc
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:52 am
Location: East

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby packers21 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:09 pm

scc wrote:
packers21 wrote:
scc wrote:
packers21 wrote:
scc wrote:
packers21 wrote:I think it's funny all you guys have a problem with the list but no one has the intestinal fortitude to say who they would take off the teams.

For me I wouldn't touch the the first team I think they are fine IMO. Second team I would take off Brown for a player like Entzi who I think is a better player and played on a better team.

And EHS a coach doesn't politic for a player to make the team. In fact you can't even vote for a player from your own team.

I don't see anything wrong with some good debate over guys who may have just missed the honor, but it seems a bit unfair to start pointing out who you'd take off the list. Region 2's best player this year was Brown, and he had an all-state season.



The ENTIRE reason for this site is to debate...one of the reasons everyone has stopped posting on here and its been so slow is everyone is so scared to debate anything. If you're going to say someone should def be on the list you should be able to resonably argue why and who you would take off without hurting anyones feelings..all of these players are great. And I would love to argue your point of Brown being the best playing in region 2.. that to me is almost laughable.


Read what I said. I don't see anything wrong with debating who may have missed all-state, but to argue over who should have the award taken away is not necessary. Brown was everything for FSHP, a team that was decimated by injuries. Had Grover not been hurt for over a fourth of the season, you could put him right up there. They both made all-state. Was there anyone head-and-shoulders above the rest of Region 2 this year? No.



I did read what you said. I just dont agree I guess I dont see a problem saying I would take anyone off. Brown literally took 65%+ shots for a team that won what 6 games, anyone is gunna put up high totals like that. I also like Grovers game but he missed half of the season. Neither of these two were even the best post in the region the last half or more of the year, droog from Grafton was and lead his team to state. Neither of these guys got their teams to the Betty.


Droog would have been very deserving for all-state. They made a great late-season run.

FSHP averaged 50 points per game, 24 of which were Brown's. So, he took literally 65%+ of the team's shots? Literally an exaggeration.

Grover did not miss half the season. Literally another exaggeration.



Literally and exaggeration?? I believe Grover played 12/13 games not exactly positive his team played 22 I wasnt exactly right on half the year but I was pretty close.

I never said it was Browns fault he took a high percentage of his teams shots, I dont have his stats and idk if you do but he took a very high percentage of his teams shots and probably should of taken more honestly.

If you take some of the better players off of very teams that lead their teams to regional tournaments and beyond, put them on bad teams and let them take a high percentage of shots. They are going to put up good numbers.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby scc » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:03 pm

Grover missed, I believe, 5 1/2 games. I think this is a North/South argument you're trying to make. See 2013.
scc
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:52 am
Location: East

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby packers21 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:47 pm

scc wrote:Grover missed, I believe, 5 1/2 games. I think this is a North/South argument you're trying to make. See 2013.


Sure it's a north south argument if your the north. My original argument was for Entzi on and Brown off. Would like to know the numbers for sure on Grover even tho I believe he should be on the team.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:54 am

packers21 wrote:I think it's funny all you guys have a problem with the list but no one has the intestinal fortitude to say who they would take off the teams.

For me I wouldn't touch the the first team I think they are fine IMO. Second team I would take off Brown for a player like Entzi who I think is a better player and played on a better team.

And EHS a coach doesn't politic for a player to make the team. In fact you can't even vote for a player from your own team.


I said I would take every single player off for Carr. I don't think there is a reason for me to say who I specifically think was the worst of the 5.

In my opinion, the top 5 individual seasons in ND basketball this year were, in order.
Aanen Moody
Wyatt Carr
Brody Nieuwsma
Jacob Mertens
Dalton Feeney

That is as far as I will go.

Also, Dalton Poitra being an alternate for Lion's is a joke.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4073
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: 2016 All-State Team

Postby packers21 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:19 am

balla45 wrote:
packers21 wrote:I think it's funny all you guys have a problem with the list but no one has the intestinal fortitude to say who they would take off the teams.

For me I wouldn't touch the the first team I think they are fine IMO. Second team I would take off Brown for a player like Entzi who I think is a better player and played on a better team.

And EHS a coach doesn't politic for a player to make the team. In fact you can't even vote for a player from your own team.


I said I would take every single player off for Carr. I don't think there is a reason for me to say who I specifically think was the worst of the 5.

In my opinion, the top 5 individual seasons in ND basketball this year were, in order.
Aanen Moody
Wyatt Carr
Brody Nieuwsma
Jacob Mertens
Dalton Feeney

That is as far as I will go.

Also, Dalton Poitra being an alternate for Lion's is a joke.


I can understand why you dont want to name names. Im 100% on board with Poitra with the Lions game, I just love his game and feel he was left out.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Next

Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests