Randy Cranston's Plans

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Randy Cranston's Plans

Postby Wilbur » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:59 am

I agree that the administrators at private schools would have to be complete idiots to cap their enrollments at anything less than 315 if the cut-off is 325 right now. Whatever the proposed cut-off is with a new plan, I don’t think they would cap it anyway. Private schools need all the revenue (tuition) they can get. I don’t know how tuition works now, but back in the day, the private schools would set a price, and give discounts to families who sent multiple children to the school. Remember, those were the days when some families had 10-12 kids, so obviously, that wouldn’t happen today. I don’t care about the fate of private schools in this issue either way, but I do know that some of them offer “activities” scholarships (funded by boosters). I quote activities, because I think that should mean all activities (speech, music, etc.), and not be just basketball, track and football. Back to the point, I don’t think you can put ALL of the parochial schools in the middle class unless you use enrollment numbers. I just think there would be some sort of discrimination-legal problem with it. I am not an attorney, so that is just an opinion.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys