Great Class B Towns

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:43 pm

Interesting and very true. My one question, how did your data show that Carrington and Dunseith figured to be in their regions championship games when they have only been in those respective regions for a couple seasons?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:44 pm

So address it now before it becomes a problem. Failure to plan is not acceptable.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby classB4ever » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:46 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Interesting and very true. My one question, how did your data show that Carrington and Dunseith figured to be in their regions championship games when they have only been in those respective regions for a couple seasons?


Percentages of big vs. small winning.
classB4ever
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby d_fense » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:52 pm

heimer wrote:You have the facts. Michele and Jessica Remer are both from Thompson. Thompson lost two good girls players to a private school in a big city.

Those are facts.

And that is why this board is dead. Denial of facts by the moderators.

Denial of fact is also why we don't have 3 classes. Coincidence? I think not.

And why 3 years? We could have it in two. Too late for next year. But 17-18 should happen. You want that one more year hoping Epping and Rhame rise from the ashes so you can "see, I told you so" and keep us from progress?

Or is it to get a better handle on enrollment at Watford before deciding to bail them out?

That's Class B. We pick our favorites and defend the 1950s at all costs. You are a main part of the narrative. Pardon me for blowing it up.


Where do Michael and Jessica's parents work heimer?
d_fense
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am
Location: Small town eastern ND

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Irrelevant. They live in Thompson. It shows that big cities lure kids away for multiple reasons.

Joann coaches at Sacred Heart.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby d_fense » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:32 pm

heimer wrote:Irrelevant. They live in Thompson. It shows that big cities lure kids away for multiple reasons.

Joann coaches at Sacred Heart.


No it is not irrelevant. It is a fact you chose to leave out. You tend to leave a lot of thing out. I'm tired of Grand Forks loosing families to Thompson so their children can take advantage of beating up on "true" small town schools. It is just not fair. The state legislature should draft and pass a law that children should have to attend school in the community in which a families greatest bread winner is employed. Then the activities association should form a board to investigate all calls from heimer to assure there are no shenanigans.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am
Location: Small town eastern ND

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby Bigbrew22 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:40 pm

The fact is the class system has to change.
private schools go class A and redefine the enrollment cut off. I have no problem with Nedrose and South Prarie being class B while they build their programs eventually their enrollment will put them up to A or AA.
It shouldn't take 3 yrs either it has to happen. I'm sorry but I just can't believe there is any opposition to this.
I don't hate private schools I just don't think they belong in class B. I also don't have any problem with teams like FW/M consistently producing good teams because they are not private and located in a big city. They play the hand their dealt so good for them.
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:23 am

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:46 pm

Bigbrew22 wrote:The fact is the class system has to change.
private schools go class A and redefine the enrollment cut off. I have no problem with Nedrose and South Prarie being class B while they build their programs eventually their enrollment will put them up to A or AA.
It shouldn't take 3 yrs either it has to happen. I'm sorry but I just can't believe there is any opposition to this.
I don't hate private schools I just don't think they belong in class B. I also don't have any problem with teams like FW/M consistently producing good teams because they are not private and located in a big city. They play the hand their dealt so good for them.


You contradict yourself too much here. Private schools go A and redefine the enrollment cutoff. You realize that there are a lot more schools that have a higher enrollment than the private schools, especially ORCS, Williston Trinity, and Shiloh. FW-M as in your example has a higher enrollment than any private school. You also must realize that FW has had Class A transfers from Devils Lake in the past. I have no problem with this either. My point is that you just can't clump private schools together for reasons that also apply to a handful of other schools.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby Bigbrew22 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:56 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
Bigbrew22 wrote:The fact is the class system has to change.
private schools go class A and redefine the enrollment cut off. I have no problem with Nedrose and South Prarie being class B while they build their programs eventually their enrollment will put them up to A or AA.
It shouldn't take 3 yrs either it has to happen. I'm sorry but I just can't believe there is any opposition to this.
I don't hate private schools I just don't think they belong in class B. I also don't have any problem with teams like FW/M consistently producing good teams because they are not private and located in a big city. They play the hand their dealt so good for them.


You contradict yourself too much here. Private schools go A and redefine the enrollment cutoff. You realize that there are a lot more schools that have a higher enrollment than the private schools, especially ORCS, Williston Trinity, and Shiloh. FW-M as in your example has a higher enrollment than any private school.


I did not contradict myself I didn't mention private school enrollment at all their enrollment doesn't matter I'm saying if they are private they go class A. Then we may have to redefine enrollment cut off so some of the larger schools go class A too. unless you think private school can have their own class. And yes FW/M has higher enrollment but the population is not comparable.
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:23 am

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:03 pm

If you don't agree with the current 2-class crappy set up, you contradicted yourself. You must learn the ways of the board. The mods worship at the Shrine of the 2-Class Kool-Aid, and they will bury you if you dare speak out about private schools getting far too many advantages to win.

Sorry, not my rules.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:11 pm

d_fense wrote:
heimer wrote:Irrelevant. They live in Thompson. It shows that big cities lure kids away for multiple reasons.

Joann coaches at Sacred Heart.


No it is not irrelevant. It is a fact you chose to leave out. You tend to leave a lot of thing out. I'm tired of Grand Forks loosing families to Thompson so their children can take advantage of beating up on "true" small town schools. It is just not fair. The state legislature should draft and pass a law that children should have to attend school in the community in which a families greatest bread winner is employed. Then the activities association should form a board to investigate all calls from heimer to assure there are no shenanigans.


Your town of residence matters. If you're blind to that, you're an idiot. You can't fix stupid so I won't try.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby Busdriver » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:09 pm

Shiloh has been to state 11 times in the last 20 years. Played in the region title game 14 times in 20 years. All the people that think they don't belong in class a wake up! As for the person who said there were just as many Rez teams in the region title games. If you are putting Solen in that group they may be a Rez team but this is only there fourth trip to region title game since 1920. Go ahead and tell them Shiloh has no advantage.
Busdriver
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:23 pm

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:21 pm

Busdriver, you need to remember the rules of the forum. Although your argument clearly makes sense and is totally logical, you are not allowed to look at regional tournament games to further a narrative unless it furthers protecting the status quo.

For example, I have stated for years that the makeup of regional title games matter because each spot occupied by a team that should not be in the division takes away a chance for someone in the division to play in that game.

That makes sense.

But it was thoroughly rejected by Bisonguy06 and the mods as completely irrelevant.

However, now those same types, the types that love the status quo, practice outright blatant racism by pointing out the number of "reservation teams" in regional title games, as if Native American schools do not have defined districts just like every public school in the state.

See, now regional title game appearances matter.

So I congratulate you on a well-thought approach to this issue. However, expect a chorus of boos, followed by an eventual deletion of your post, and then a temporary banning from the board.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby Hinsa » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:16 pm

Heimer, when was the last time you were banned?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
User avatar
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:53 am
Location: THE Red River Valley Conference

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:45 pm

On this board, it's not about the last time. It's always just a countdown till the next time.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby winner-within » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Has Standing Rock lost a lot of athletes to the school systems of Bis-Man A or B??

because they used to always be a contender per say..........
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4754
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:05 pm

heimer wrote:If you don't agree with the current 2-class crappy set up, you contradicted yourself. You must learn the ways of the board. The mods worship at the Shrine of the 2-Class Kool-Aid, and they will bury you if you dare speak out about private schools getting far too many advantages to win.

Sorry, not my rules.

4 mods have said ITT that they like your 3 class proposal.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3744
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:14 pm

heimer wrote:Oh yeah, the exact same advantage. Cause it's really easy to drive your kid 60 miles to school or move and commute the same distance to work in Fargo, you know, like just as easy as driving from the Expressway to the Interstate.

Give me a freakin break.

Keep defending that status quo. It's working really, really well.


I'm having a hard time following your logic but I can assure you that I am not defending the status quo. I am a strong proponent of a 3 class system and I believe even more strongly that privates belong in Class A. I was simply pointing out that Hunter ND isn't that far from Fargo.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:46 pm

It's 51 miles.......through Casselton.

And besides, the Fargo kids they would get wouldn't even come from Hunter. Grandin, Gardner, and Argusville are closer for parents that work in Fargo and live elsewhere.

Even then, they live in the district. As I've said, they are not Fargo transfers if they live in the district, which is why where parents work is irrelevant.

There is zero similarity to Northern Cass and Shiloh. This is nothing more than an attempt on your part to soften the spotlight. That must mean you're not as strong a supporter of 3 divisions as you let on.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:08 pm

heimer wrote:However, now those same types, the types that love the status quo, practice outright blatant racism by pointing out the number of "reservation teams" in regional title games, as if Native American schools do not have defined districts just like every public school in the state.


Yes heimer, let's pull the race card now. Go back and read my post. Then reread it again very slowly so that you may comprehend part of it. There is nothing racial about it. I'm a huge fan of FWM and their program and hope they take it all this year. Then go back and read my post that I do believe its time for ND to go to 3 classes, just not for the same ignorant reasoning as you do. I actually take the time to check out facts and data.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:20 pm

heimer wrote:It's 51 miles.......through Casselton.

There is zero similarity to Northern Cass and Shiloh. This is nothing more than an attempt on your part to soften the spotlight. That must mean you're not as strong a supporter of 3 divisions as you let on.


My mapquest showed 38 but whatever. Please go back to my initial comment, I never compared Northern Cass to Shiloh but to Thompson. Wow.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby winner-within » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:19 am

found old post of mine from December of last year....


I found those 2 game outcomes interesting also (big win spread) although was wondering why the speculation of Thompson (still building imo) and or MPCG were on the higher end of the spectrum...
IMO the days of any Cass team (especially northern) being weak are over due to they are close to the metropolis and this will feed them...

Thompson benefits some being close to GF but nothing like down south, although I did hear they had like 50 kindergartners this year (hear say)
so in the future some of these B programs close to Jobs for the parents will always have a talent pool IMO

I do think across the Board that Region 1 is somewhat more solid than Region 2 this year and that there are many programs scrambling for bodys
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4754
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby leroybla » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:09 am

leroybla
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby heimer » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:23 am

You can argue this all you want, but you're required to overlook the differences to make your argument.

Sure, Thompson and the Cass schools (let's not leave out Kindred) will grow with parents that live there but work in big cities. The difference is they still live there. They choose to live in the school district their kids attend.

Privates have no defined districts. They draw from the entire community. Thompson and Northern Cass draw from their district.

Stating that those schools have even a similar advantage is ridiculous. No one who lives in Fargo is sending their kid to Northern Cass because they can't make the team at Davies. But they will send them to Oak Grove. No one who can't make Red River is going out to Thompson, but if you don't make Century, Shiloh is an option.

All you are doing is, again, a tried and true tactic of the status quo: muddy the issue with bedroom communities somehow enjoying the same fruits of the private school poisonous tree. Classic tactic on this board. "Oh, you think this is an problem, we'll look at this." Works too often.

In the end, the solution is the same anyway, so what's the freaking point? Form the third class, and when the bedroom communities' enrollment growth pushes them over the line, they will move up. But the privates have advantages right now that FAR outpace the bedrooms. To equate the two shows a complete lack of knowledge and a closed-mindedness typical of every B shot fan.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: Great Class B Towns

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:00 am

leroybla wrote:open enrollment figures.
https://www.nd.gov/dpi/uploads/1208/FinFacts_J.pdf



Looks like you proved heimers point

Thompson 83 enrolled in likely from surrounding rural area that might be closer to Thompson
59 enrolled out likely to grand forks.

This is just a logical assumption of course. I know students that are on the fringe of one district might be closer to a different school so they go their it makes sense. But the 59 leaving looks suspect
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests