Region 2

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 2

Postby bballfanND » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:47 am

Who does everyone have coming out of this region? I think most figured HCV would be there or are not surprised but I think Grafton was a surprise. HCV is pretty well rounded and get after it defensively. Grafton has been very scrappy lately on defense also. Should be a good game! I have HCV coming out on top.
bballfanND
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Region 2

Postby winner-within » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:08 pm

Nothing has surprised me at all so far....

G6: #1 Larimore def. #9 Cavalier 36-32
G7: #5 Grafton def. #4 Park River-FL 49-43
G8: #2 Hillsboro-Central Valley def. #7 Drayton/Valley-Edinburg 47-42
G9: #3 Thompson def. #11 Midway-Minto 64-58

this day tells the entire story....you literally could flip-flop each victory and have complete opposite
finishing out the tournament....

but I will steal Dave Richmans (ndsu head coach) comment "this is March, and March brings out things we dont see during the year"

I will go on to say that one could take away the seed # in front of each team and that it was a well rounded field this year with a slight adv to Thomp, HCV, PR, Larimore and I mean slight especially at peak point which is now....Tonight? well HCV has had a slight tougher row to hoe getting to tonight since Monday but with a day of rest and the experience of last year they have a slightly adv I think....weight will be on the 2 Jrs Henns and Reed .......... Grafton? well lets just say a bag of tricks... Droog has to play big, Garza has been hitting on all 8 and has to continue, Neiman needs to continue huge play also....Defense and rebounds.........it will be a nail biter...I think Grafton can do it...
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:56 pm

winner-within wrote:Nothing has surprised me at all so far....

G6: #1 Larimore def. #9 Cavalier 36-32
G7: #5 Grafton def. #4 Park River-FL 49-43
G8: #2 Hillsboro-Central Valley def. #7 Drayton/Valley-Edinburg 47-42
G9: #3 Thompson def. #11 Midway-Minto 64-58

this day tells the entire story....you literally could flip-flop each victory and have complete opposite
finishing out the tournament....

but I will steal Dave Richmans (ndsu head coach) comment "this is March, and March brings out things we dont see during the year"

I will go on to say that one could take away the seed # in front of each team and that it was a well rounded field this year with a slight adv to Thomp, HCV, PR, Larimore and I mean slight especially at peak point which is now....Tonight? well HCV has had a slight tougher row to hoe getting to tonight since Monday but with a day of rest and the experience of last year they have a slightly adv I think....weight will be on the 2 Jrs Henns and Reed .......... Grafton? well lets just say a bag of tricks... Droog has to play big, Garza has been hitting on all 8 and has to continue, Neiman needs to continue huge play also....Defense and rebounds.........it will be a nail biter...I think Grafton can do it...

and a Nail Biter it twas!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby RedDirtFan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:43 pm

Congratulations to the Spoilers. This tournament really was all about matchups. Larimore winning that final regular season game put HCV and Thompson into the same bracket, which provided a good semifinal nail biter. I thought both Grafton and PRFL had a chance to win against Larimore and get to the championship game and it just came down to, as the Grafton coach said, who had a run at some point.

Congratulations to all teams involved on a great season of Region 2 basketball. It was wide open all year and, as I said earlier on in the season, there were 5 teams who had a shot at a Region title if the cards fell into place. There was a lot of great basketball played this season and, I must say, I thought there was some great defense played by many teams and players throughout the season. It was a lot of fun.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:10 am

RedDirtFan wrote:Congratulations to the Spoilers. This tournament really was all about matchups. Larimore winning that final regular season game put HCV and Thompson into the same bracket, which provided a good semifinal nail biter. I thought both Grafton and PRFL had a chance to win against Larimore and get to the championship game and it just came down to, as the Grafton coach said, who had a run at some point.

Congratulations to all teams involved on a great season of Region 2 basketball. It was wide open all year and, as I said earlier on in the season, there were 5 teams who had a shot at a Region title if the cards fell into place. There was a lot of great basketball played this season and, I must say, I thought there was some great defense played by many teams and players throughout the season. It was a lot of fun.

for sure great season.....congratulations!!..and Region 2 is and will always be competitive....
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys