District title runs

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

District title runs

Postby woodchuck10 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:23 pm

Crazy game last night! North Star's district titles run ends at 7 in a row after losing to St. John last night in overtime with a buzzer beating shot. Has there been any team to have that many district titles in a row? Must be some kind of record.

Now its Dunseith and St. John for the District 8 championship, St. John seeking its first ever District championship.

Also does anyone know of other teams without a district championship?
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: District title runs

Postby B-oldtimer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:52 pm

I can not think of any schools here without district championships. Northstar run of district championships has been long one where they have been blessed with a lot of talent last 10 years. I believe they have at least one more really competitive year left with all the talent returning again next year and after that I not familiar with what they have but next year they will be graduating 4 or 5 of their top 8 players. I didn't realize St. John has never won a district championship I just think of many fine teams they had and teams sent to regional tournament. But thinking back you have always been grouped in very good district of schools like Rolla, Rolette, Cando, Langdon, and going further back like Bisbee, Munich, and Rocklake. Wish you luck in district championship game.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sticks11 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:52 am

That's a pretty incredible run for North Star. I can't say for sure for every district, but that has to be close to a record for consecutive district titles. Good luck St. John and Dunseith as District 8 crowns a new champ. Not near as long of streak but for the first time since 2010, Rugby is not in the District 11 championship game. The loss to Sawyer on Saturday night was their first district loss since 2012.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby thefourwinds » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:44 pm

Tonight's District 12 championship game is the first time Our Redeemer's has even played for the district championship. So if they win, it will be their first district championship.
thefourwinds
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys