2015-16 Polls

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2015-16 Polls

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:53 am

Comes out tonight after 7pm!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2015-16 Polls

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:02 pm

FIRST POLL
December 14th

1. Four Winds-Minnewaukan (12) 0-0 142
2. Our Redeemer's (2) 1-0 121
3. Hillsboro-Central Valley (1) 1-0 111
4. Shiloh Christian 1-0 100
5. Enderlin 0-0 94
6. Strasburg/Zeeland 2-0 89
7. Dunseith 1-0 41
8. Thompson 1-0 34
9. Parshall 0-1 28
10. Linton-HMB 2-0 19
Others Receiving Votes: Hettinger-Scranton (0-2), Milnor-North Sargent (0-0), St. John (1-0), Beulah (0-0), Dickinson Trinity (0-1), Carrington (0-0), Northern Cass (1-0).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:32 pm

Interesting first poll...I am a bit biased being a follower of Region 1, but it'll be interesting to see Hillsboro-Central Valley compete with the top 5-6 teams in Region 1. They were down at the half to Kindred in their first game, but kudos to them they did have a strong second half and won handily. I believe all the top Region 1 teams have 1-2 go-to standout players and there isn't a lot of respect for Region 1 in this poll. Milnor/NS has unbelievable talent and probably the best PG in the state. Central Cass isn't in the top 17, yet they probably have the 2nd best PG in the state. Northern Cass barely received votes, yet they can beat anyone when they shoot the 3 like they did in their opener against the more physical Hankinson.

This poll gave a lot of respect to Hettinger-Scranton for being an 0-2 team. They do have an all-stater back, but from reading other comments it appears that Linton and Strasburg probably have deeper teams.

Parshall got beat bad in their opener...yet they're in the top 10.

Linton has been extremely impressive so far. Two quality wins.

It does appear that Class B is very deep this year. I really believe any of the top 25 teams can compete with one another on any given night. It's going to be an interesting year to watch class B ball.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:38 pm

UNDSiouxfan wrote:Interesting first poll...I am a bit biased being a follower of Region 1, but it'll be interesting to see Hillsboro-Central Valley compete with the top 5-6 teams in Region 1. They were down at the half to Kindred in their first game, but kudos to them they did have a strong second half and won handily. I believe all the top Region 1 teams have 1-2 go-to standout players and there isn't a lot of respect for Region 1 in this poll. Milnor/NS has unbelievable talent and probably the best PG in the state. Central Cass isn't in the top 17, yet they probably have the 2nd best PG in the state. Northern Cass barely received votes, yet they can beat anyone when they shoot the 3 like they did in their opener against the more physical Hankinson.

This poll gave a lot of respect to Hettinger-Scranton for being an 0-2 team. They do have an all-stater back, but from reading other comments it appears that Linton and Strasburg probably have deeper teams.

Parshall got beat bad in their opener...yet they're in the top 10.

Linton has been extremely impressive so far. Two quality wins.

It does appear that Class B is very deep this year. I really believe any of the top 25 teams can compete with one another on any given night. It's going to be an interesting year to watch class B ball.

HCV up 25-22 at half vs Kindred. Kindred up 11-2, HCV dominated the last 3 quarters.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:36 am

SECOND POLL
December 21st

1. Four Winds-Minnewaukan (15) 2-0 166
2. Our Redeemer's (2) 4-0 149
3. Hillsboro-Central Valley 2-0 122
4. Shiloh Christian 2-0 113
5. Enderlin 1-0 93
6. Strasburg/Zeeland 2-0 91
7. St. John 4-0 52
8. Linton-HMB 3-0 31
9. Parshall 2-1 30
10. Dickinson Trinity 3-1 29
Others Receiving Votes: Milnor-North Sargent (2-0), Carrington (3-0), Central Cass (3-0), Thompson (2-1), Northern Cass (2-0), L&C-Berthold (3-0).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:00 pm

THIRD POLL
December 28th

1. Four Winds-Minnewaukan (13) 3-0 146
2. Our Redeemer's (2) 4-0 129
3. Hillsboro-Central Valley 2-0 1111
4. Shiloh Christian 2-0 104
5. Strasburg/Zeeland 3-0 93
6. St. John 4-0 55
7. Enderlin 1-1 49
8. Linton-HMB 4-0 39
9. Dickinson Trinity 3-1 30
10. Parshall 2-1 23
Others Receiving Votes: Central Cass (4-0), Milnor-North Sargent (3-0), Carrington (3-0), Northern Cass (3-0), Thompson (3-1).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bisonation6 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:54 pm

Is someone form Hettinger-Scranton hurt or are they just surprisingly under .500? People before the season said Trinity would be one of those teams that is one of the best but fall unlucky cause possibly the best team in the state would take their region. Some people said Hettinger was the best in North Dakota. I see they are 2-3 and we just saw Trinity upend the number 1. I understand it's all predictions and speculation before a season, but this is really surprising me.
bisonation6
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:32 pm

bisonation6 wrote:Is someone form Hettinger-Scranton hurt or are they just surprisingly under .500? People before the season said Trinity would be one of those teams that is one of the best but fall unlucky cause possibly the best team in the state would take their region. Some people said Hettinger was the best in North Dakota. I see they are 2-3 and we just saw Trinity upend the number 1. I understand it's all predictions and speculation before a season, but this is really surprising me.

Kludt was hurt and out for awhile he might be back now tho. Their 3 losses are to 3 very good teams and tonight the beat Shiloh in Mandan so I wouldn't read to much into their record.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Howie » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:07 pm

bisonation6 wrote:Is someone form Hettinger-Scranton hurt or are they just surprisingly under .500? People before the season said Trinity would be one of those teams that is one of the best but fall unlucky cause possibly the best team in the state would take their region. Some people said Hettinger was the best in North Dakota. I see they are 2-3 and we just saw Trinity upend the number 1. I understand it's all predictions and speculation before a season, but this is really surprising me.

Injuries and a tough early schedule played a part in their 0-3 start. Remember they don't hand out region and state titles in December. January 5th Hettinger Scranton plays Trinity in a huge region game
Howie
NDPreps Starter

Postby RabidFan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:01 pm

This past week's games could produce quite a shake-up in the top 10. The #1 team (4 Winds), the #4 team (Shiloh), the #5 team (Strasburg/Zeeland), the #7 team (Enderlin), the #10 team (Parshall) and two teams on the RV list (Thompson and Carrington) all took losses.
My guesses for tonight's top 10 list include the following:
4 winds drops out of #1 - probably the #1 spot goes to ORCS (they were #2 and remain undefeated - beat a good Beulah team pretty handily this week).
HCV goes to #2 - also remain undefeated.
Dickinson Trinity beat the #1 team, and had another quality win against a good Berthold team. I am not sure how far they will move up. My guess is that they go to #3.
I think 4 winds will drop to about #4, though I wouldn't be surprised to see Linton/HMB move up this high since they also have quality wins and are still undefeated.
Linton/HMB will be either #4 or #5
St. John didn't play this week and I am not sure if that will hurt their position. They may stay at #6 or even drop. Really depends on how much the losses of Shiloh and Strasburg are counted against them. Both teams lost to good teams.
Shiloh and Strasburg/Zeeland will stay in the top 10, but drop out of the top 5.
Central Cass and Norther Cass and Milnor/NS stayed undefeated this week. One or two of them will move into the top 10. Hettinger/Scranton will end up on the RV list. After a terrible start, they are on a 4 game winning streak.
I am sure Parshall will drop out of the top 10 after their loss to Berthold this week.
I am not sure, but Enderlin could also potentially drop out. They now have 2 losses, but both are to MN schools so I don't know how to judge that.
Can't wait to see how it comes out tonight. What are other people's thoughts?
RabidFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:07 pm

I think FWM will only drop to #2 with the schedule they have played so far this year. They have a lot of quality wins. HCV at #3 and Trinity up to #4.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:20 pm

There is a difference between what I think the top 10 will look like, and what I think it should be. I think it should look like this...
1. Our Redeemer's (disappointed that I will not see them play, unless they get to state)
2. FWM (team to beat, with the volume of 3's they shoot, if they are cold, they can be beat)
3. Linton (Well coached, great tradition. Outscoring teams by 20+)
4. Shiloh (Playing a great schedule, early wins at Trinity and Bishop Ryan)
5. Edgeley/K/M (Their best player is a senior, which is why I don't switch them with Ellendale)
6. Dickenson Trinity (Win over 4winds/M doesn't surprise, they are talented)
7. Hillsboro/CV (talented ball handlers, good defense, weak region)
8. Milnor/North Sargent (Long and athletic)
9. Northern Cass (good shooter, push the ball well)
10. St. John (Good win vs Dunseith, Poitra is a heck of a player averaging 13/3pt attempts a game himself)

Receiving consideration: Strasburg/Zeeland(Over ranked early, bad loss to Century Jv), Ellendale (very close to making them my 2 or 3 team in region 3), Bishop Ryan (I think they are the team I have been most pleasantly surprised with), Central Cass (strong big school, I think they are receiving a little to much credit for beating an over ranked Thompson team), Larimore (strong junior class that has played well for years together in non school tournaments), Hettinger/Scranton (no question they are a good team and may get Trinity this week, but you have to hold them down with 3 losses this early)
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:30 pm

d_fense wrote:There is a difference between what I think the top 10 will look like, and what I think it should be. I think it should look like this...
1. Our Redeemer's (disappointed that I will not see them play, unless they get to state)
2. FWM (team to beat, with the volume of 3's they shoot, if they are cold, they can be beat)
5. Edgeley/K/M (Their best player is a senior, which is why I don't switch them with Ellendale)
10. St. John (Good win vs Dunseith, Poitra is a heck of a player averaging 13/3pt attempts a game himself)

Receiving consideration: Strasburg/Zeeland(Over ranked early, bad loss to Century Jv), Ellendale (very close to making them my 2 or 3 team in region 3), Bishop Ryan (I think they are the team I have been most pleasantly surprised with), Central Cass (strong big school, I think they are receiving a little to much credit for beating an over ranked Thompson team), Larimore (strong junior class that has played well for years together in non school tournaments), Hettinger/Scranton (no question they are a good team and may get Trinity this week, but you have to hold them down with 3 losses this early)

Defense I respect your opionion please explain ur fascination with Larimore ? I am not sold on them at all. Especially in a region where most teams are big and match up with them.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:40 pm

d_fense wrote:There is a difference between what I think the top 10 will look like, and what I think it should be. I think it should look like this...

I respect your opinion, but if I'm making a list of the 10 best teams in Class B ND, Strasburg-Zeeland is on that list.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:00 pm

packers21 wrote:

Defense I respect your opionion please explain ur fascination with Larimore ? I am not sold on them at all. Especially in a region where most teams are big and match up with them.

I guess I am going to disagree with you claiming I have a "fascination with Larimore". I will say that I have not seen them play this year. I have watched them over the coarse of the last 3-4 years play in things such as the Grand Am. I think Tupa is a good player. I like the Hofer's games and overall they move the ball well and work hard. Why I put them at #15 in my list??? Well, they are one of only 5, 5-0 teams in the state, early as it is. They are averaging 58.4ppg while giving up 34.8. In looking at the competition so far this season, they haven't played much. But, just like I don't feel I can justify putting Hettinger/Scranton in my top 7 (which is likely where they will end up eventually), because of 3 early season losses. I am going to give Larimore some credit for 5-0 (I know they played Warwich, who I believe lost by over 100 points the other night, to whom I don't recall). Early as it is the QRF computer ranking has Larimore at #5. I think the QRF is a fun conversational piece, it doesn't mean much until at least 1/2 of the season has went by. If they match up with Four Winds in Devils Lake on the 7th they will likely loose, then they have HCV on the 12th. If they fall on the 12th, they would fall out of my rankings. If they don't, they will likely be favored until late in the season vs PRFL.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby d_fense » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:10 pm

Well Schwab, they would make your top 10, and they made my top 11. :) Brody is an outstanding player and Eberle and Huizenga are both double figure returning scores for the Clippers. I do think they fall off after their top 3. That being said......
With the exception of Four Winds and Dickenson Trinity, I would call all of these teams, small school teams. they are all going to have holes in their teams or games.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:23 pm

d_fense wrote:
packers21 wrote:

I guess I am going to disagree with you claiming I have a "fascination with Larimore". I will say that I have not seen them play this year. I have watched them over the coarse of the last 3-4 years play in things such as the Grand Am. I think Tupa is a good player. I like the Hofer's games and overall they move the ball well and work hard. Why I put them at #15 in my list??? Well, they are one of only 5, 5-0 teams in the state, early as it is. They are averaging 58.4ppg while giving up 34.8. In looking at the competition so far this season, they haven't played much. But, just like I don't feel I can justify putting Hettinger/Scranton in my top 7 (which is likely where they will end up eventually), because of 3 early season losses. I am going to give Larimore some credit for 5-0 (I know they played Warwich, who I believe lost by over 100 points the other night, to whom I don't recall). Early as it is the QRF computer ranking has Larimore at #5. I think the QRF is a fun conversational piece, it doesn't mean much until at least 1/2 of the season has went by. If they match up with Four Winds in Devils Lake on the 7th they will likely loose, then they have HCV on the 12th. If they fall on the 12th, they would fall out of my rankings. If they don't, they will likely be favored until late in the season vs PRFL.

Well you ranked them as one of the top contenders in the region and then posted about them here that's where that word fascination came from. Maybe I'm completely wrong on them.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:39 pm

I do not see the Strasburg/Zeeland lost to Bismarck Century jv being a bad loss. I feel Bismarck Century jv is a top 8 Class B team. Lucas Mayer is a potential all stater in Class B. Probably end up with 5-7 different players who are All-WDA over the course of their career just off of that Bismarck Century jv team.

Of teams mentioned in this thread and in the polls, I have watched the following.
Four Winds - Minnewauken
Our Redeemer's
Shiloh Christian
Enderlin
Strasburg/Zeeland
Linton-HMB
Carrington
Dickinson Trinity
Hettinger-Scranton

Right now, best team I have seen is Shiloh Christian, followed by Our Redeemer's, followed by Four Winds - Minnewauken. Could see Hettinger-Scranton getting there as the season progresses.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:54 pm

balla45 wrote:I do not see the Strasburg/Zeeland lost to Bismarck Century jv being a bad loss. I feel Bismarck Century jv is a top 8 Class B team. Lucas Mayer is a potential all stater in Class B. Probably end up with 5-7 different players who are All-WDA over the course of their career just off of that Bismarck Century jv team.

It wouldn't be as bad a loss if Mayer played. He is 6'6" and moves pretty well. But, why would he be playing a jv game? He is #7 in varsity minutes played.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:07 pm

The following players played for Bismarck Century jv in the game, in order by grade and then by last name.

9 - Treyton Mattern 5'8"
9 - Mason Trahan 6'2"
10 - Kade Amundson 6'5"
10 - Kade Lynch 5'11"
10 - Josh Sipes 6'2"
11 - Jayden Hauff 5'10"
11 - Ian Macdonald 5'10"
11 - Lucas Mayer 6'6"
11 - Nate Symens 6'4"

Mayer, Sipes, and Symens usually play 2 halves of varsity and 1 half of junior varsity. By my count, Lucas Mayer finished with 10 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block. Josh Sipes finished with 15 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 steals. Treyton Mattern finished with 17 points making 4 of 5 three point shots. Kade Lynch also finished in double figures with 14 points for Bismarck Century.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:14 pm

Thank you for the info balla45!!!
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby truckingpete » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:36 pm

balla45 stats are better than mine, but here's what I got...

Points from Bismarck Century JV and Strasburg-Zeeland game for the Patriots:
Jayden Hauff - Jr. - 13 points, mostly free throws, 2 treys
Nate Symens - Jr. - 3 points, trey
Kade Linch - So. - 14 points, little bit of everything
Lucas Mayer - Jr. - 10 points
Josh Sipes - So. - 15 points, little bit of everything
Kade Amundson - So. - 3 points, trey
Mason Trahan - Fr. - 17 points, 4 treys, and little bit of everything

That's what I got from my score book from that game. Little bit of everything means 2s, 3s, and free throws.

balla45 wrote:The following players played for Bismarck Century jv in the game, in order by grade and then by last name.

9 - Treyton Mattern 5'8"
9 - Mason Trahan 6'2"
10 - Kade Amundson 6'5"
10 - Kade Lynch 5'11"
10 - Josh Sipes 6'2"
11 - Jayden Hauff 5'10"
11 - Ian Macdonald 5'10"
11 - Lucas Mayer 6'6"
11 - Nate Symens 6'4"

Mayer, Sipes, and Symens usually play 2 halves of varsity and 1 half of junior varsity. By my count, Lucas Mayer finished with 10 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block. Josh Sipes finished with 15 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 steals. Treyton Mattern finished with 17 points making 4 of 5 three point shots. Kade Lynch also finished in double figures with 14 points for Bismarck Century.
truckingpete
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:59 pm

My Thoughts
1. Our Redeemer's
2. Four Winds-Minnewaukan
3. Dickinson Trinity
4. Hillsboro/CV
5. Linton-HMB
6. St. John
7. Strasburg/Zeeland
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Northern Cass
10. Hettinger-Scranton
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby thefourwinds » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:36 pm

Next weekend will be a truly informative weekend at the Shiloh Invitational (at Shiloh in Bismarck). Our Redeemer's will be facing both Shiloh and Dickinson Trinity.
thefourwinds
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:52 pm

thefourwinds wrote:Next weekend will be a truly informative weekend at the Shiloh Invitational (at Shiloh in Bismarck). Our Redeemer's will be facing both Shiloh and Dickinson Trinity.

Friday, January 8th
G1: Our Redeemer's vs. Dickinson Trinity
G2: Oak Grove @ Shiloh Christian

Saturday, January 9th
G3: Dickinson Trinity vs. Oak Grove
G4: Our Redeemer's @ Shiloh Christian

(Girls teams play before the boys in each matchup).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Next

Return to Boys