2015-2016 All State Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2015-2016 All State Predictions

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Have seen both Tronis and Wyatt play this year? If you have then I would like to know why you think that. I know Balla45 has been able to watch both this year.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Edger » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:39 pm

I'm going to have to agree with Balla45 on this. I have seen both of them play numerous times. They are both excellent players with loads of skills and both juniors this year, but Wyatt Carr's build and abilities in the post gives him a slight advantage over Tronis, in my opinion. To me, Carr is reminiscent of Brad heidlebaugh from last year's Rugby team.
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:53 pm

In comparing the two, I think Mckay is a more fluid explosive athlete. I feel Carr is a more effective and efficient shooter and scorer. Both do a good job of rebounding, but at 6'4" in Class B North Dakota, that is expected. If I am picking a Class B player to build a team around, which I have, I will go with Wyatt Carr every time. I think Mckay is a nice player, but do not feel he is better than Carr, Nieuwsma, Pinke, Poitra, or Sadowsky, as those would be my 5 First Team All State players.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sniper » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:37 pm

IMO Carr should be a first team all-state player, kid is putting up crazy numbers with little to no help around him. I hope that voters that have not seen him play do not dismiss him because he is on a struggling team.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby east sider » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:21 pm

Watching Nieuwsma from S/Z @ Linton last night I would find it hard to believe there is a better player in State than him when he is on. When they gave him the 3 he took it with a quick release. Guard him close and he dribbles by you with quickness or through you with strength. On fast break finished with a nice one-hander, and just missed another going down the lane in half-court offense. Absolute man among boys out there. Very complete player, at least on offense. Believe he finished with around 30.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby ReadyToPlay » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:01 pm

All State Selection from Region 2---Marcus Nieman, Grafton--15 boards, 15 points, 7 assists, 5 steals, 3 blocks. Anyone that has seen him play will know what I mean. 100% effort everyday, every play.
Last edited by ReadyToPlay on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReadyToPlay
NDPreps Starter

Postby cmplx6 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:35 pm

I'm going to throw a name out there. Hunter Rodin, JR Guard for Kenmare. He is averaging over 20 points a game.
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Postby bandito380 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:29 pm

I agree with carr by far is most important on list...I don't see simpson in the top 20...he is not consistent and does not carry a team at anytime...I think with more drive he could go higher....weeks is a solid big man in class b but he is not dominant in any sense of the game for his size. their point guard, marquart I believe has more impact for them...rodin is a good talent but isn't even the top guard in that district or region. his scoring is needed on that team after loss of harris, I have not seen where he is scoring that high but I may have missed something. melby is good talent for them also. I think walcker from beaulah is underrated and is a solid prospect. then again im not a aau coach but I watch games all over and all summeri think half these kids are picked off this aau crap, but that's only my opinion andi don't believe in aau..good luck to all the kids there has been some good ball this year!
bandito380
NDPreps Reserve

Postby senditin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:10 pm

Jason Feather, Tronis Mckay
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:30 am

bandito380 wrote:I agree with carr by far is most important on list...I don't see simpson in the top 20...he is not consistent and does not carry a team at anytime...I think with more drive he could go higher....weeks is a solid big man in class b but he is not dominant in any sense of the game for his size. their point guard, marquart I believe has more impact for them...rodin is a good talent but isn't even the top guard in that district or region. his scoring is needed on that team after loss of harris, I have not seen where he is scoring that high but I may have missed something. melby is good talent for them also. I think walcker from beaulah is underrated and is a solid prospect. then again im not a aau coach but I watch games all over and all summeri think half these kids are picked off this aau crap, but that's only my opinion andi don't believe in aau..good luck to all the kids there has been some good ball this year!

AAU is a factual thing. Probably should believe in it. I am guessing I have watched Walcker play much more than you have too. I am a big fan. I do not think he will be All State.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby leroybla » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:13 pm

Central Cass 73, Northern Cass 65. Bresnahan has scored 94 points in the last 3 games. Two were losses. Tonite has was 15 of 16 from the free throw line. All State material?
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baloncesto » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:08 pm

Without a doubt. He's my prediction for senior athlete of the year out of region 1.
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter

Postby West Dakota » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:53 am

I haven't gotten to see most mentioned but I will tell you this.
Hayden Sadowsky is the best pure shooter I have seen in a long long time in ND hoops.
Boscheeish really. A pleasure to watch, the kid must shoot a thousand shots a day.

Tried posting pics but thats about impossible on this site so just use your imagination I guess...
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND-is-#1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:56 am

West Dakota wrote:I haven't gotten to see most mentioned but I will tell you this.
Hayden Sadowsky is the best pure shooter I have seen in a long long time in ND hoops.
Boscheeish really. A pleasure to watch, the kid must shoot a thousand shots a day.

Tried posting pics but thats about impossible on this site so just use your imagination I guess...

Austin Lee (graduated last year) is the best pure shooter I have seen play in Class B basketball. Does Hayden compare to him?
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys