Pre-Seasons thoughts* Who's contending for a title this seas

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby beavof77 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:11 pm

With so many teams all over the state who will be the ones making the most noise come March? Which part of the state is overrated and where will the under dog be coming from.
Last edited by beavof77 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beavof77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballer20 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:11 pm

four winds will be good.. they still have tony ironheart who was all state last year and their jv averaged over 80+ last year, and langdon wont be bad..they have justin overby who made some noise last year in the regionals, but they will be young at the pg postion it will be fun to see how they are at the end of the season.
bballer20

Postby baseball21 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:02 pm

Thompson will be tough. they return 6 guys who have started varsity games. they have what some like to call depth. their only setback is playing in quite a tougher region than most.
baseball21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:15 am

Mark it down now, you heard it hear first:  Four Winds will beat M-L for the region 4 title.  Last years B sqaud was ozzing with talent(undefeated) that couldn't get on the floor because the team was senior dominated.  This year look out!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSUBison » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:33 am

I heard Four Winds had a crazy good JV team. Some guy said langdon will be good, but they lost alot of talent in that senior class from last year. That will be tough to replace. Thompson is good and have experience along with some depth. I heard May-Ports JV team went perfect also, but i'm not sure. I know that North Border has gone 40-0 in last two years, so look out for them too. Also, i think Beulah mabye a bit overrated just cause they are dropping down a class and everybody thinks they will be really good. I think it will be alot tougher for them then people think. Midway-Minto looks pretty tough again this year.
NDSUBison

Postby yaya » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:59 am

It wouldn't be wise to count out the defending state champs, the Trinity Titans, though they lost a lot of their playmakers, they have good depth.
yaya
NDPreps Rookie

Postby classb_fan00 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:52 am

I agree. Four Wind's jv was very dominant. They'll be good this year.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNDHeisman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:01 am

Dickinson Trinity, Beulah, Hazen are some teams from out west that will be very tough. It's tough for the smaller schools to compete with teams like these. Personally I would like to see a three class system in ND basketball.
UNDHeisman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beavof77 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:44 am

All the teams listed seem lagit. I wouldn't be suprised to see Minot Ryan or Parshall knock off some of those teams such as Trinity and Four Winds. Maybe throw Velva in the mix they were a solid team last year that has talent. Who knows?
Last edited by beavof77 on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
beavof77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thesports_guy32 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:59 am

North Border could be a team to look out for. They could start off slow because of inexperience, but they know how to win. In the past couple years the B squad that they have been on hasn't lost. The guard play should be there, but their posts might need time to get used to varsity speed.
thesports_guy32

Return to Boys